Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top 3 SPG Club Lounges Worldwide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:59 am

Salzburg has a killer lounge. Often called the best in the chain. It has a dedicated Redbull fridge with every flavor redbull available. Dedicated beer fridge with lots of local options. Multiple kegs. And a constantly changing buffet of handmade foods.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:36 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
I think for anyone to list their top three they don't need to have sampled a 100, but at least say 20 and spread across a few of the brands. But shouldn't a St Regis be better than a Westin and a Westin better than a Sheraton and so on so forth so not really fair to bundle them all to gather in the same bucket either.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chipmaster
.....But shouldn't a St Regis be better than a Westin and a Westin better than a Sheraton and so on so forth....
Is there any St Regis with a club lounge?
craigthemif and remymartin like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Top 3:
1. Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
2. Grosvenor House, Dubai
3. Keraton at The Plaza, Jakarta

Runner Ups:
1. Westin Munich
2. Sheraton Salzburg
3. The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
1. Grosvenor Dubai
2. Athenee Bangkok
3. Lots of votes for LM KL here... never been there but I would vote for its close cousin LM Putrajaya

Honorable mention to Sheraton Grande Taipei

Some seem to like Sheraton Macau here, but I would beg to differ. Too big, too crowded, rude customers, not quiet atmosphere. Does not sniff even top 20. Lots of much better options in Macau outside of Starwood.

North American lounges are not in the same league as Asian lounges to be honest. I would be interested in a N.A.-only list.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
My biased vote of 320 nights with SPG goes to (71 nights stay with LM KL since 2003):

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur - with its food/fruit/non alcoholic drinks selection, excellent view of the city surroundings, attentive staff. The only thing I hate due to its popularity, it is crowded with guests and worse with now Marriott Rewards Gold members can also access lounge.

Possible chances of Sheraton Petaling Jaya and Le Meridien Putrajaya to be on par with LM KL once they have the numbers to support business.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Danial

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur - with its food/fruit/non alcoholic drinks selection, excellent view of the city surroundings, attentive staff. The only thing I hate due to its popularity, it is crowded with guests and worse with now Marriott Rewards Gold members can also access lounge.
Marriott Gold don't get lounge access at SPG properties. At least not yet. It's the other way around. SPG Gold gets access to Marriott lounges now!
  • Need to be Gold or higher to access lounges at Marriott properties.
  • Need to be Platinum to access lounges at SPG properties.
Unless it's property specific. I remember that at the Westin Turtle Bay, Gold members (SPG and Marriott) were given lounge access.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:42 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Sheraton on the Park, hands down. Recently renovated, two balconies, views of the Harbour Heads, incredible selection of food including fresh Prawns and Oysters and table service drinks.

The Westin Siray Bay used to offer unlimited cocktails off the bar menu and canapés on an outdoor terrace for Plats but they ended it a few years ago.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TerryK
Is there any St Regis with a club lounge?
Of course, St. Regis Beijing and St. Regis Shanghai (Pudong, before they rebadged to Hongda).
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by m0hamed

The Westin Siray Bay used to offer unlimited cocktails off the bar menu and canapés on an outdoor terrace for Plats but they ended it a few years ago.
Indeed, the old incarnation of the Westin Siray Bay was a gem.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
Of course, St. Regis Beijing and St. Regis Shanghai (Pudong, before they rebadged to Hongda).
St.Regis Chengu has a lounge as well. I am sure there are others - I have never researched it.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Danial
My biased vote of 320 nights with SPG goes to (71 nights stay with LM KL since 2003):

Possible chances of Sheraton Petaling Jaya and Le Meridien Putrajaya to be on par with LM KL once they have the numbers to support business.
I realize that "best lounge" is very much a matter of personal preference. On my side I have a hard time ranking a very crowded lounge at the top. One of the reasons I enjoyed LM Putrajaya lounge was that it was so quiet and peaceful when I went there.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Seems to almost be a requirement among top Chinese hotels.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
St.Regis Chengu has a lounge as well. I am sure there are others - I have never researched it.
Good to know. Must be a Chinese thing to have lounges.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by escape4
It's not a lounge, just a regular bar that turns into bar area where they serve food and drinks for plats for 2h every evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.