Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by zagguru
Do the suites that they complimentary upgrade to, have kitchens?
Possibly, but it seems like upgrades to the residence-type suites seem to be pretty rare vs. the more typical upgrades to ocean-view rooms and the harbour suites, which don't have a kitchen.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Resort spend...

does anybody know if items such as cabana(food and drink also), spa, and on resort restaurants are included for annual spend totals?
Old May 26, 2019, 2:35 pm

Going here this Friday. If anyone has stayed here recently and can tell me about there experience, that would be great!
Old May 26, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by zagguru
Going here this Friday. If anyone has stayed here recently and can tell me about there experience, that would be great!
Are you asking for room upgrades??
Old May 29, 2019, 3:50 pm

Resort WiFi

Is WiFi included in the resort fee?
Old May 29, 2019, 7:40 pm

Titanium Elite, stayed at this property twice, most recent stay was 3 weeks ago Apr 27 - May 4

Both stays I have booked base rooms on the resort side and both times I have been upgraded to the beach side (this is highly preferable). First year was to a Residential 1BR suite which was very nice, full kitchen and living room, had to be 1000ish sqft. Second year was to a ocean view room.

Walking through the Westin and down to the Marriott I would never consider staying at the other properties. Really the only other reasonable hotel is the Kimpton which is new but I have no loyalty or points so it’s a no go.

The Ritz really is the way to go in the caymans.

Breakfast: The “Cupboard” shop is a good place to grab relatively affordable breakfast and coffee

Chairs: if you want front row you have to go early to reserve

In house dining: everything is pretty good but there are also walkable places off property, if you have $750-1000 to burn on a dinner for two you should definitely do Blue, otherwise look off property.

All charges other than tax and resort have generally qualified for points but I have had to call into Marriott both times to get it corrected.

We love this property and will likely return again
Old May 29, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dgp4216
Titanium Elite, stayed at this property twice, most recent stay was 3 weeks ago Apr 27 - May 4

Both stays I have booked base rooms on the resort side and both times I have been upgraded to the beach side (this is highly preferable). First year was to a Residential 1BR suite which was very nice, full kitchen and living room, had to be 1000ish sqft. Second year was to a ocean view room.

Walking through the Westin and down to the Marriott I would never consider staying at the other properties. Really the only other reasonable hotel is the Kimpton which is new but I have no loyalty or points so it’s a no go.

The Ritz really is the way to go in the caymans.

Breakfast: The “Cupboard” shop is a good place to grab relatively affordable breakfast and coffee

Chairs: if you want front row you have to go early to reserve

In house dining: everything is pretty good but there are also walkable places off property, if you have $750-1000 to burn on a dinner for two you should definitely do Blue, otherwise look off property.

All charges other than tax and resort have generally qualified for points but I have had to call into Marriott both times to get it corrected.

We love this property and will likely return again

great info! Thoughts on renting a car and do you happen to know if WiFi is included in the resort fee?
Old May 29, 2019, 8:41 pm

I would skip a rental at the airport... Taxi to the resort is like 25-30USD per group and most of what you would want to do is walkable

Ritz has an on-site rental place (I think Hertz) that will do a 1 day rental if you want to explore on your own

WiFi was included for Bonvoy members

If you’re looking at excursions I would recommend stingray city... definitely worth the $ through the ritz
Old May 29, 2019, 8:54 pm

Forgot to mention there is a grocery store and 2 liquor/beer stores within easy walking distance (less than half mile)

enjoy your time there
Old May 30, 2019, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Dgp4216
Forgot to mention there is a grocery store and 2 liquor/beer stores within easy walking distance (less than half mile)

enjoy your time there
excellent info, thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:29 pm

Just wondering if platinum members get free breakfast at this location (?) Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:25 pm

Ritz Carltons rarely give breakfasts to any Bonvoy members unless you book a Club level room or it's included in your room rate. This one goes by the same rule but sometimes has done something extra around holiday periods when upgrades aren't available.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:09 am

Thanks ! I did find out last week the Lounge access is $175 pp per day
Originally Posted by leiterk
Ritz Carltons rarely give breakfasts to any Bonvoy members unless you book a Club level room or it's included in your room rate. This one goes by the same rule but sometimes has done something extra around holiday periods when upgrades aren't available.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Hi folks. I am confused on the layout of this property. I am seeing things like 'across the road' describing the location of some rooms and possibly even the lobby.

Where is the lobby in relation to the pool and beach? Where are the bars and restaurants in relation to the pool and beach? What is the layout of the rooms / towers? It sounds like there are some far off rooms but I'm confused on the distances and layout.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
It’s really not a problem. There is a walkway that crosses the road. The sushi restaurant and Blue are near the lobby. Breakfast, the Steak restaurant and pool are across the road close to the beach. It’s just a big sprawling hotel. You never actually cross the road on foot. The walkway is a long extension of the lobby.

We recently stayed there. It’s a fine resort. No matter which side of the road you are on, you will cross over via the lobby extension every day. It’s all fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.