Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach - UAE [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Ritz press release today says officially open. Tier 3 property.

The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach Elevates Beachfront Luxury on the Shores of the Arabian Gulf | Marriott News Center

"Located on the shores of the Arabian Gulf, just one hour away from the urban metropolis of Dubai, The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach is the perfect getaway, seamlessly blending natural beauty and timeless luxury to create an intimate beach retreat. The resort features 32 luxurious tented villas, each with its own pool and direct beach access, offering comfort and privacy complemented by breathtaking views and indulgent amenities. Guests can choose from two types of villas. The Al Naseem Villas feature local design elements inspired by traditional Bedouin architecture and offer an elevated level of seclusion, while the Al Bahar Villas include open views and private beachfront access.

Immersive programming gives guests the opportunity to explore Ras Al Khaimah’s kaleidoscope of experiences along the shores of the Al Hamra Beach. Resort guests can discover the natural beauty of the area with an afternoon of paddle boarding, a fishing trip on the coast of Ras Al Khaimah, a sunrise or sunset yoga experience overlooking the seashores, or simply enjoying the resort’s private beach. Meanwhile, young guests can explore the natural wonders and cultural traditions of the destination through the Ritz Kids® program, where they can explore the beachfront, gain a better understanding of the marine life through educating yet fun beach activities, or develop their inner artist with beach-inspired arts and crafts.

Resort guests can recharge at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, a seaside sanctuary offering holistic treatments in the comfort of dedicated treatment pavilions. This world class spa offers a select menu of local, ocean inspired treatments prepared with flowers and native spices. Two fitness centers are also available 24 hours for guests.

Fresh seafood and cuisine prepared with a local twist can be experienced while enjoying endless sea views from the resort’s signature Shore House restaurant, which showcases gastronomic excellence with fresh catches from the sea and local produce. Meanwhile, exotic sundowners are served every day at sunset on the bar lounge. Those who want a more private dinner experience can choose to dine on the beachfront, in a secluded beach cabana overlooking the crystal blue waters of Ras Al Khaimah or on the beachfront.

Additionally, guests wanting to explore The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert can do so easily with a daily shuttle bus traveling to and from the two resorts. Activities such as nature walks through the Al Wadi Nature Reserve, archery or wildlife entertainment with owl and falconry shows can be arranged for a day of desert exploration, truly offering something for everyone in Ras Al Khaimah."

Hotel website:

Luxury 5-star Hotel Ras Al Khaimah | The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Looks nice! Has anyone stayed here when it was a part of Banyan Tree or during the transition?

Seems a great value for 50k points (or 16,667 SPG)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Gabrca
Looks nice! Has anyone stayed here when it was a part of Banyan Tree or during the transition?

Seems a great value for 50k points (or 16,667 SPG)
Stayed here when it was a banyan tree. For 16.6k Spg points this is a great deal. But it is secluded and obviously a desert property. Almost like “glamping”. If that’s what you’re after it’s amazing
Old May 9, 2018, 8:06 am

Just wanted to say we just returned from a 2-night stay here, and had an incredible experience!

It's probably one of the best redemptions in the network at 50k Marriott points per night (room rates hover around $1,000 for most of the year).

Judging by the pictures from when it was a Banyan tree, they've made some enhancements to the villas to give them a more luxurious feel. The manager told us they based the rotating TV-in-a-trunk from the Bulgari hotel. The resort was shut for a number of months for renovations. You arrive by "boat" which turns out isn't really necessary, but a neat experience. Buggies will take you from your villa to the restaurant/pool area if needed. The villa itself isn't huge but it's the patio that makes it worth it's weight in gold. Outdoor bath, shower, cabana, private pool, dining area and another cabana closer to the beach. With only 34 villas, this resort never felt full.

Some notes/tips:

1) The hotel is secluded and private, so I wouldn't recommend it if you are looking for an "active" resort. We spent time at Atlantis before this and it was the perfect counter-balance.
2) I'd recommend the half-board option (if redeeming points for the room). It was $90USD (333AED) total per person per day, but includes breakfast and a 3-course dinner. You can have it in-villa for an 80AED supplement. We were so relaxed at the resort we couldn't be bothered to leave for meals.
3) They charge an obscene amount for a "floating breakfast tray". We just ordered the regular breakfast and tipped the person who brought it to also bring the "floating tray". They only have 3 at the resort.
4) There is a mall up the road from the resort (15 minute walk) and it has a liquor store behind the grocery. Saved us a bundle for enjoying a couple of the drinks in the villa.
5) As much as I LOVED this resort (more so than suites at the Ritz Jumeriah, Waldorf, Atlantis, Park Hyatt, Fairmont Palm), I would not recommend going during the summer. The outdoor areas of the villa make up much of what makes this place special and it's just not bearable in the summer heat.

All in all we can't wait to return!

SanDiego1K and PeeTee like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:30 am

Thanks for the review. Must say, looks much more promising than the Al Wadi Desert property which was pretty hopeless.

Was the plunge pool cooled? Just wondering what the pool will feel like when the daytime temps are around 40c. If it will be like taking a hot bath, then it's definitely not going to work!
Old May 10, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by stargold
Thanks for the review. Must say, looks much more promising than the Al Wadi Desert property which was pretty hopeless.

Was the plunge pool cooled? Just wondering what the pool will feel like when the daytime temps are around 40c. If it will be like taking a hot bath, then it's definitely not going to work!
I'm considering to stay at this or RC Al Wadi in August .... I guess it settled then ....
Old May 11, 2018, 3:36 am

Al Wadi had a long way to go towards being acceptable, some of which seemed like long-term projects (abandoned common pool in disrepair, dated villa interior).

Can't say that the desert surroundings are particularly impressive either, compared to Al Maha or Qasr al Sarab. Might still be okay value at 50k, but then Al Hamra is also 50k...
Old May 12, 2018, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by stargold

That's a good question. I would email the resort to double check but I believe they can be cooled.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:36 pm

Anyone stay recently? Debating a night or 2 at the tail end of Dubai in November.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:26 pm

Same here, looking for any recent reviews. Looking to possibly add 2 nights to either the beginning or end of my Dubai trip.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I am there this week and will report back!
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:34 pm

Thanks @Raffles I was just on your blog reading your review for the other Ritz nearby. Trying to decide. I'm thinking just 2 nights for now. We just want to relax and do nothing.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far, the experience is not great:

1. No pre-arrival contact from the hotel, not even a generic email (we arrive tomorrow)

2. .... which meant that I had to contact them directly to discuss transfers. Except that the email address on the website bounces back because "this inbox only accepts email from pre-approved email addresses"

3. .... so I called them and asked for an email address to contact. The email address I was given is four words long (a.b.c.d@). Two of these 'word's are just random streams of letters and not real words. Of the two 'real' words, one of them is spelt differently in English English and US English. It took about five minutes to actually get the email address written down correctly. On the plus side, I did get a reply within an hour after sending it.

More to follow!
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I'm back! Here is a full review:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/1...as-al-khaimah/

and

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/1...review-part-2/

In summary, I think this is far more suited for couples than families (although the 'max 3 per villa' rule is flexible if your kids are young, say 3 and 5 years). It is insanely private with a maximum 64 guests sharing probably half a mile of beach, and the majority of the 64 sticking to their villa patios anyway. It is NOT remote though - it is 45 seconds walk from reception to the Hilton reception next door and the Waldorf Astoria is next to that. Big shopping mall up the street (10 min walk or a $2 cab ride) with a few other restaurant options inc a Pizza Express which is good for kids - the one resort restaurant will bore after a while.

Given it is $800 ($1100) this week for cash, 60k points is a steal (48k on a 5 night stay).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.