Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Osaka, Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Osaka, Japan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
hi.

not sure on these 2 sorry as I am normally a Hilton person and stayed at the conrad after coming from Tokyo via shin Osaka station

regards

tbs
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by coljung
Between the 3 cat-5 hotels in Osaka, which one is the most recommended one?
I don't know if you would consider Cat 6, but if yes, then look at the Marriott Miyako Osaka.

The location (above Tennoji Station) is excellent. It is a new, modern building as the hotel is located in the Abeno Harukas building-- the tallest office building in Japan. You get a free admission to the observatory at the top of the building, and they open the top floor for ~45 minutes to runners early each morning -- its cool.

If you have status, the Club Lounge is great at breakfast and happy hour. plus tons of food choices around Tennoji Station.

You would need to reserve a room for 2 and contact the hotel to let them know a child will be with you. If you search for 3 people, it will come back at 'not available'
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Plumber
I don't know if you would consider Cat 6, but if yes, then look at the Marriott Miyako Osaka.

The location (above Tennoji Station) is excellent. It is a new, modern building as the hotel is located in the Abeno Harukas building-- the tallest office building in Japan. You get a free admission to the observatory at the top of the building, and they open the top floor for ~45 minutes to runners early each morning -- its cool.

If you have status, the Club Lounge is great at breakfast and happy hour. plus tons of food choices around Tennoji Station.

You would need to reserve a room for 2 and contact the hotel to let them know a child will be with you. If you search for 3 people, it will come back at 'not available'
Main reason why im kind of looking at cat-5s is because i have one 5n cat-5 certificate left, and not many other opportunities to redeem it. Cat-6 look a lot nicer, but i feel like this is my chance to use the certificate before it expires next year.
Plumber likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:45 am

Main reason why im kind of looking at cat-5s is because i have one 5n cat-5 certificate left, and not many other opportunities to redeem it. Cat-6 look a lot nicer, but i feel like this is my chance to use the certificate before it expires next year.
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

I have not been to the new Courtyard in Honmachi area, but I have been to the St Regis (closeby) many times. It is a good, central area with lots of good food options within walking distance. plus it is about a 20 minute walk to the edge of Osaka Castle.

The Courtyard Shin-Osaka is not the best location, but plenty of food close by due to Shin-Osaka station... It is a short train ride to Osaka station and Umeda area.

One other option may be the Kobe Sheraton. its a bit of a pain to get to, but it is a nice hotel with a natural hot spring and baths below the hotel. The Club Lounge is also pretty good. Its an easy train ride into Osaka, particularly if you have a JR Pass.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

I have not been to the new Courtyard in Honmachi area, but I have been to the St Regis (closeby) many times. It is a good, central area with lots of good food options within walking distance. plus it is about a 20 minute walk to the edge of Osaka Castle.

The Courtyard Shin-Osaka is not the best location, but plenty of food close by due to Shin-Osaka station... It is a short train ride to Osaka station and Umeda area.

One other option may be the Kobe Sheraton. its a bit of a pain to get to, but it is a nice hotel with a natural hot spring and baths below the hotel. The Club Lounge is also pretty good. Its an easy train ride into Osaka, particularly if you have a JR Pass.
I stayed at CY Shin-Osaka when I was in Osaka for 2nt with one of the days being a trip to Hiroshima. It was good for that purpose being right beside the station to catch the train. The lounge was not bad actually, and the breakfast spread really impressed me for a CY as CYs in Asia often do compared to anywhere else on earth. Made to order eggs and french toast, and also some good fresh squeezed juices.

Since the one at Honmachi is new I haven't seen reports on whether they include breakfast for elites like the Shin-Osaka property and they don't have a lounge, but the rooms do look a bit more modern from glancing at the photos and it's a better location for actual Osaka touring.

Cat5s are often so cheap in Osaka though, it feels like a waste of a 5nt cat5 when that could net you 5 nights at the St. Regis Bangkok or something. Apples and oranges I guess.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 10, 2019 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I stayed at CY Shin-Osaka when I was in Osaka for 2nt with one of the days being a trip to Hiroshima. It was good for that purpose being right beside the station to catch the train. The lounge was not bad actually, and the breakfast spread really impressed me for a CY as CYs in Asia often do compared to anywhere else on earth. Made to order eggs and french toast, and also some good fresh squeezed juices.

Since the one at Honmachi is new I haven't seen reports on whether they include breakfast for elites like the Shin-Osaka property and they don't have a lounge, but the rooms do look a bit more modern from glancing at the photos and it's a better location for actual Osaka touring.

Cat5s are often so cheap in Osaka though, it feels like a waste of a 5nt cat5 when that could net you 5 nights at the St. Regis Bangkok or something. Apples and oranges I guess.
The Courtyard Honmachi includes breakfast for Elite additionally to the 500 points gift. Very similar restaurant breakfast as compared to the Courtyard in Shin Osaka. No Lounge but a free drink happy hour early evening is offered for Elite. Don’t know what they offer as I missed it the one time I stayed due to late check in.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX

I agree with cat-5s in Osaka being rather reasonable.

My problem is that my cert expires in Sept ( extended it once already ), and i have no tangible plans to use it otherwise before then. I had considered actually going to Rhodes ( there is a sheraton there cat-5 ), but that is far from sure.

Earlier this year i was able to upgrade a similar cert from cat-5 to cat-6, but i've tried a few times recently to no avail.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Anyone stayed at the Courtyard Honmachi opened in 2019?

Last edited by theOtherHolmes; Jan 29, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:38 am

I ended up booking this hotel.

So, lots to eat around ?

My only ( mini ) concern for now is that I have a room with a Queen bed, and i'd like a King one. I already asked over the chat and its pending.

Other than that, it seems like a great hotel.

I was actually debating last minute switching to the Courtyard Honmachi, given its location, but still doubtful about the switch. As of now, i think I have around 2h to cancel my Miyako reservation...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:36 am

So, lots to eat around ?
I hope you enjoy the hotel...

I just booked a 5 night stay in summer for a family vacation. Looking forward to it.

As for eating, there is a lot of places attached to, or near, Tennoji Station... Many department stores and malls have food floors. Plus the station is quite larger and has some food areas.
Also, check out Shinsekai a short walk away... Very unique area of bars and restaurants... https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4012.html
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by shonanroger
The Courtyard Honmachi includes breakfast for Elite additionally to the 500 points gift. Very similar restaurant breakfast as compared to the Courtyard in Shin Osaka. No Lounge but a free drink happy hour early evening is offered for Elite. Don’t know what they offer as I missed it the one time I stayed due to late check in.
Stayed at the Courtyard Honmachi this week. My first stay after their Corona closure. They axed the evening drink and the free Elite breakfast. Restaurant was closed for breakfast but guests can pre-order a breakfast bento box for JPY 1,650 incl. taxes. As already mentioned the breakfast box was not free for elite. The JPY 1,050 welcome gift can be used towards that box.
For those who arrive by car. The hotel has neither own parking nor contracted parking in the vicinity. Expect to shell out approx. JPY 5,000 for parking on a weekday night for coin parking in the vicinity.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Not a marriott property, but I stayed at Hilton Osaka and it was super convenient. Nothing out of this work, but nice and decent property next to the train station.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:50 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Stayed at the Courtyard Honmachi this week. My first stay after their Corona closure. They axed the evening drink and the free Elite breakfast. Restaurant was closed for breakfast but guests can pre-order a breakfast bento box for JPY 1,650 incl. taxes. As already mentioned the breakfast box was not free for elite. The JPY 1,050 welcome gift can be used towards that box.
For those who arrive by car. The hotel has neither own parking nor contracted parking in the vicinity. Expect to shell out approx. JPY 5,000 for parking on a weekday night for coin parking in the vicinity.
Just curious, what's in the Breakfast bento box? I have a 1 night reservation next year Feb, of course there might be changes by then though...
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:51 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
W Osaka and Aloft Osaka Dojima

Interesting, didn't know about these 2 upcoming hotels. Supposedly opening in Feb 2021, both are new buildings too.

Looking forward to see W Osaka and probably stay at least once (I'm sure it will be pricey..)
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Very interested to see what a Japanese W looks like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.