Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Chapel Hill Downtown - North Carolina [Master Thread]

Old Mar 3, 18, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 5.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...hill-downtown/

Nestled in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill NC, this hotel near the University of North Carolina is walkable to everywhere. With Franklin Street a block away, itís easy to explore the city on foot or on bike.

Europe in our soulÖand Carolina on our mind! This new AC Hotel in downtown Chapel Hill NC transforms Southern hospitality, melding contemporary architecture with local art, including a community mural. Guestrooms are an oasis of modern design, with sleek furnishings, classic hardwoods and the amenities that matter most Ė think free WiFi; charging ports; wide-screen TVs; individual climate control; and the best bed youíll sleep in besides your own. A 24-hour fitness center means you donít have to leave your exercise routine at home. Hang out in the AC Lounge Ė all the locals do! Ė for shareable plates and specialty cocktails mixed with local spirits from Chapel Hillís own Top of the Hill Distillery; we move easy Carolina evenings from sweet tea on the front porch to G&Ts around the outdoor fireplace. This beautiful new hotel near the University of North Carolina is walkable to everywhere, fostering sustainability along with urban style.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 18, 18, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Anyone know if this is a good location? Thinking about this or the Siena and hoping to do a dinner reservation close by to either. As it is Cat 5 I may try to use my free night here but wanted some first hand thoughts before I go with it.
Old Mar 18, 18, 11:45 pm

Just stayed at the AC Hotel last week! I loved it! Only has been open 3-4 months! No lounge of course but they did give me a $10 Food and Beverage Voucher. Loved the room was able to relax and get a lot of my work done in it! It is a block over from Franklin street and everything you could ever want! The Sienna is a little bit out of down town Chapel Hill! It does look a little old from the outside but I have never been in side.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 19, 18, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Did you use the credit at the bar, or apply it towards breakfast?
Old Mar 19, 18, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
I just looked a the map, and that location is right where my house was when I was in grad school! How things have changed.
Old Mar 20, 18, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Did you use the credit at the bar, or apply it towards breakfast?
I used it towards breakfast since I got in very late!
Old Jan 1, 19, 2:36 pm
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I have a group booked here at the end of March, so Iíll try to check it out when Iím in town for the Dook game a few weeks prior. (Iíll be staying either at the Carolina Inn again or perhaps the Franklin.)
Old Jan 1, 19, 8:05 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott PP

Iíve now stayed here three times since this property has opened. Clean, new, modern property in a very nice walkable location to campus and football games. Has the weirdest outlet configuration in a property Iíve ever seen, guaranteed to block the second outlet no matter the charger you are using (below).

As a platinum (premier) you get $10/day F&B credit up to two people in the room. Iíve never used it for breakfast (somewhat mediocre-looking buffet for $16/pp) but have used it for beverages & appetizers in the evening and it was fine.

Several breakfast options within easy walking distance including a Panera and the Carolina Coffee Shop.

Parking is $10/day (charged 2 out of 3 visits) but given the location is probably worth it if thereís an event on campus.

Any questions please ask.

bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 14, 19, 11:32 am
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
I have a group booked here at the end of March, so Iíll try to check it out when Iím in town for the Dook game a few weeks prior. (Iíll be staying either at the Carolina Inn again or perhaps the Franklin.)
I didn't get the chance to see this property myself, but that one of my groups stayed here and loved it. They really were very impressed. Considering I normally put groups in the more expensive and more premium Carolina Inn, that is a very good sign.

Search this Thread