Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Boston Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Cat 5.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...ston-downtown/

Located in Boston's historic South End. Minutes to Logan Airport, South Station (Train & Bus), Convention Centers, Back Bay, Theatre, Financial and Seaport. Near dining, attractions, universities, hospitals, major highways and public transportation.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 9, 2019 at 9:36 am Reason: category change
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone stay here yet and have any reviews / experiences?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:37 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
It is certainly well located to be lulled to sleep by highway traffic!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
It is certainly well located to be lulled to sleep by highway traffic!
Ha! Westin Copley Plaza opened up in-policy so decided to give that a try given lack of reviews -- and as you note better location. Can always switch if someone comes back with glowing reviews of the AC property.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any recent stays here? Seems to be the cleanest for cat 5.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Been a few years since we last asked for any reviews / recent stays? Anyone been?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I had previously asked for reviews on this hotel but none were forthcoming - and in fact nobody has posted anything since the thread was started in 2019 - nonetheless, I decided to stay here for the benefit of fellow FTers - as well as securing a decent point redemption rate in October 2023.

The hotel is of course a relatively recent construction which means all of the furnishings inside are new. It makes for a modern and stylish feel when walking into the hotel.

There's plenty of places to sit, work and relax in the lounge and lobby areas of the hotel. The bar operates intermittently including Friday and Saturday night - but not Sundays. Only drinks are offered at the bar. There are NO food options.

Despite its modernity, for the entirety of the five days we were staying at the hotel, only one elevator was working and I saw no obvious attempts being made to remedy the situation. It made for some very packed lifts and long waits for one to arrive.

As a Titanium guest I was offered a total of 500 points or $20 F&B credit per day. How anyone can choose points is beyond me given that the offer a $20 credit is worth far far more.

While others have commented on other review sites how their rooms were noisy if facing the nearby interstate freeway, I was on the 16th floor and faced the Whole Foods parking lot. There was no obvious noise whatsoever apart from when a car alarm went off early one morning.

Housekeeping is done every 3rd day... I found this to be unacceptable so I requested my room to be refreshed every day - and it was done so - although my water bottles were never replaced which I thought was a bit of a cheap move.

Furthermore, upon trying to use the $20 F&B for breakfast one morning, I was told I could not use the $20 in one go if dining alone.

It was either $10 per person, up to two people - not $20 for one!

I felt that this policy to be extremely petty!

In the end, I was hungry so I did pay for one day of my breakfast buffet - but it cost me $12. Pointless benefit.

I would recommend grabbing breakfast at Whole Foods across the parking lot where there is a superb spread laid on for breakfast each morning including a hot buffet.

The $20 credit being offered by the hotel is far better used at the little tuck shop next to the reception desk. I didn't make full use of this benefit looking back.

Parking at the hotel is an extortionate $56 a day. I parked on the street for free overnight and paid $2/hour for the time I stayed after 8am.

The staff at the hotel were warm and welcoming - and even texted me to make sure everything was okay with my stay.

Although the hotel describes itself as being 'downtown' - if you really want to visit somewhere like Quincy Market or even reach South Street Station, you need to take an Uber which will cost about $8-10. It's not a huge deal, but it's just not quite as downtown as say, the W - although you can walk easily into the South End and I suppose Back Bay if you felt the need. There are some good restaurants on the street next to Whole Foods and they're open late.

Again, for the price point and the modernity of the furnishings, it was an enjoyable place to stay and nice to try somewhere new in the city. It gets my seal of approval!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.