Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club, Autograph Collection - Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club, Autograph Collection - Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening May 1, 2018. Cat 5 (post 8/18/18 merger).

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...ph-collection/

Explore Miami Beach from our iconic oceanfront hotel. With Miami International Airport just 10 miles away, Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club is a short drive from the best Miami has to offer--Wynwood Walls, Bal Harbour Shops, and the Design District.

Inspired by European service, Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club defines a new kind of Miami Beach experience. Through differentiated offerings and unparalleled oceanfront dining options, paired with sophisticated design, we create an exceptional environment for our guests, families, and locals alike. Steps away from white sand, endless waves and Miami Beach’s signature beachfront boardwalk, Cadillac Hotel is the perfect location for a romantic getaway or family vacation. Discover premier shopping experiences in the nearby Design District or Bal Harbour Shops, then relax comfortably in one of our brand new hotel rooms or suites featuring art deco-inspired décor with a nod to the 1940s. After a lazy beach day, enjoy a glass of rosé at our oceanfront cocktail bar featuring small bites and fresh raw bar. Dinner at our signature restaurant features the most authentic in southern Italian fare, including thin crust pizza from our wood burning oven.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 12, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Is this a remodeling and rebranding of the Courtyard Cadillac? If so, great news to see a CY go away in favor of AU. Also, I hope they don't designate it as a resort, and I need to seriously consider next time I'm in Miami.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
It is the conversion of the Cadillac Courtyard and I already hate it even if it isn‘t open yet.

The Cadillac was among the best Courtyards in the system and was among the best deals to stay on South Beach. It was one of just a few resort properties with direct beach access that didn‘t have one of those dreaded resort fees. As an elite, upgrades to the new tower were almost always possible. It had a rather cheap breakfast buffet and gave elites 20% off F&B. On top it had a cheap Carrabbas Restaurant that also provided room service.

The revamped property will have a new more upscale restaurant (I suppose like many hotel restaurants in Miami it will change chefs and concepts every few months) and a resort fee has also already been anounced (30$ plus tax).

Count me as one who really isn‘t excited about the transformation...
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Muerz
It is the conversion of the Cadillac Courtyard and I already hate it even if it isn‘t open yet.

The Cadillac was among the best Courtyards in the system and was among the best deals to stay on South Beach. It was one of just a few resort properties with direct beach access that didn‘t have one of those dreaded resort fees. As an elite, upgrades to the new tower were almost always possible. It had a rather cheap breakfast buffet and gave elites 20% off F&B. On top it had a cheap Carrabbas Restaurant that also provided room service.

The revamped property will have a new more upscale restaurant (I suppose like many hotel restaurants in Miami it will change chefs and concepts every few months) and a resort fee has also already been anounced (30$ plus tax).

Count me as one who really isn‘t excited about the transformation...

You are spot on about everything you wrote. WIth the changes to the Stanton and now the Cadillac very bad news for Marriott on Miami Beach. They need to renovate the old side of the HOTEL rooms if they are going to rebrand this hotel. At least the very cheap breakfast spot across the street is still there. Very sad.

I would have put this CY up with any in the system. It was my favorite.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Saidoh
Is this a remodeling and rebranding of the Courtyard Cadillac? If so, great news to see a CY go away in favor of AU. Also, I hope they don't designate it as a resort, and I need to seriously consider next time I'm in Miami.

There is zero chance this won't be classified as a resort. In the very long shot it wasn't you could look at the Winter Haven/Blue moon offerings as what you may get. No lounge and perhaps the worst Continental breakfast in the system for Platinums/Golds. Everyone gets Free wifi so your benefits are about NIL.

Really hard to justify staying at most Marriott Properties near a beach in Florida right now unless the price is as good or better.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
It's weird that The Stanton is a Marriott, but this is an Autograph Collection property, especially now that The Stanton no longer has a lounge and is a full, resort-designated property.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Opening May 1, 2018. Cat 8.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...ph-collection/
https://www.cadillachotelmiamibeach.com/
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
They need to renovate the old side of the HOTEL rooms if they are going to rebrand this hotel.
Well, they are:

All 357 rooms at the Cadillac Hotel are being renovated. Its lobby, hallways and pool deck are also being updated while its Art Deco elements, such as terrazzo flooring, are bring preserved.
https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...ring-2018.html
Interesting:

Before a small crowd of hotel executives and industry players at the Miami Hilton Airport, Shah said the Cadillac — an art deco building at 3925 Collins Avenue completed in 1940 — will go from being a two-to-three star hotel to a four-to-five star hotel with the switch. That means the property will be able to better compete with other luxury properties in Mid-Beach such as Faena Hotel Miami Beach and the Miami Beach Edition.

“With Courtyard, we had a great run since 2011,” Shah said. “But we were hitting a rate ceiling. We were outperforming most hotels in our set, but not the next set up.”
https://therealdeal.com/miami/2017/1...lection-hotel/

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Mar 4, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:25 pm
Suspended

There is zero chance this won't be classified as a resort. In the very long shot it wasn't you could look at the Winter Haven/Blue moon offerings as what you may get. No lounge and perhaps the worst Continental breakfast in the system for Platinums/Golds.
Interestingly enough, the Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club, Autograph Collection is owned and operated by the same company, Hersha Hospitality Trust, that also owns and operates the aforesaid Winter Haven and Blue Moon hotels.

The vast majority of their properties are limited-service hotels: Hersha Hospitality Trust - Properties by Region
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Interestingly enough, the Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club, Autograph Collection is owned and operated by the same company, Hersha Hospitality Trust, that also owns and operates the aforesaid Winter Haven and Blue Moon hotels.

The vast majority of their properties are limited-service hotels: Hersha Hospitality Trust - Properties by Region

Very interesting. I didn't know that. They also bought the Ritz in Coconut Grove and own the RI across from the Cadillac. I knew the WH and BM were owned by the same company. Also interesting is 1/2 of the of the building isn't that old. I stayed in the a Suite on the new side when it still had plastic on the furniture and that was 100% in the last 10 years.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:29 am
Suspended

Very interesting. I didn't know that. They also bought the Ritz in Coconut Grove and own the RI across from the Cadillac. I knew the WH and BM were owned by the same company. Also interesting is 1/2 of the of the building isn't that old. I stayed in the a Suite on the new side when it still had plastic on the furniture and that was 100% in the last 10 years.
Yeah, I think I read in one of the articles that the old Courtyard Cadillac was renovated in 2014. Basically, the owners realized they couldn't get anymore money from the property as long as it was branded Courtyard.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Welp, I'm looking to book a room here for next winter, and the rates are pretty high, but that might be typical in Miami this time of year. And low and behold, the $30 resort fee is definitely there, but the kicker is there is also one for $20 at the Blue Moon and Winter Haven. At least now we know in the near future that "resorts" (and Courtyards for that matter) will no longer be withholding breakfast benefits for elites.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Saidoh
Welp, I'm looking to book a room here for next winter, and the rates are pretty high, but that might be typical in Miami this time of year. And low and behold, the $30 resort fee is definitely there, but the kicker is there is also one for $20 at the Blue Moon and Winter Haven. At least now we know in the near future that "resorts" (and Courtyards for that matter) will no longer be withholding breakfast benefits for elites.
As they say, there's no such thing as a free breakfast. I really wish enough of us would complain about resort fees because the Blue Moon, Autograph Collection is by no means a resort. As for the Winter Haven, it left Marriott. It is now an "Independent Collection" hotel.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:30 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
=As for the Winter Haven, it left Marriott. It is now an "Independent Collection" hotel.
It is definitely bookable for tonight as a Marriott branded property...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
It is definitely bookable for tonight as a Marriott branded property...
Well, maybe it's in the process of de-flagging then, but check out its website:

https://winterhavenhotelsobe.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.