FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Hotel Nia, Autograph Collection - Menlo Park, CA [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1896826-hotel-nia-autograph-collection-menlo-park-ca-master-thread.html)

tripmaster Jan 27, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah, I dont know if they were offered that -- at least one wasn't.

ntamayo Jun 26, 2019 12:38 pm

Just in case anyone avails of the cabanas during their stay, they're first-come-first-served on the weekdays. On the weekends, it's $150 to book one, but waived once you spend $150+ poolside F&B.

chachi22 Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm

Any public parking or street parking available here? $37+ tax/night is steep.

ntamayo Jun 22, 2022 6:53 pm

The surrounding area is dead on the weekends; there’s usually plenty of street parking at that time.

That said, I wasn’t charged for onsite parking in my last stays in 2020 / 2021, but YMMV.

A321T Aug 1, 2022 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by chachi22 (Post 34360003)
Any public parking or street parking available here? $37+ tax/night is steep.

Lots of nearby street parking. Most of the curbs are painted red, unambiguously disallowed. Several others within a few blocks are not red though have nearby signs that ban stopping. I've never been ticketed for parking on those curbs. (Even more parking if you're a Facebook employee, given how many employee lots are nearby.)

A321T Aug 3, 2022 6:23 pm

A few more quick notes about Nia having stayed there a bunch:
  • The hot tub is perpetually broken. On one visit late last year it was simply closed. On a recent visit it looked open but it wasn't any warmer than the pool. And if you call, they always claim it's open and working. Disappointing compared to pre-2020 when it was reliably open and awesome. The hot tub was a major reason I and others booked this hotel. Won't make that mistake anymore.
  • The bar program here is simply amazing with a solid set of cocktails, reasonable collection of liquor, and beautiful ice. And it's never busy. The bartenders may not know how to make every drink from memory and are usually consulting instructions in a manual, but the drinks always come out great. It's probably to draw the local business crowd. My only beef is it closes pretty early at 10, but that's probably more a complaint about the Bay Area than Nia. Also I wish the outdoor bar out back was occasionally open, but understandable it's not given the downturn.
  • They've gone to shared soap in-room dispensers.
  • I don't love the sliding doors to the bathroom, especially at night when you're trying to navigate there in the dark. And if you hit the wrong light switch, you blast light, ruining your night vision or waking up others in-rooms. Beautiful but not practical.
  • Nice robes.