Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Jacquard, Autograph Collection - Denver [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening July 2018.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...ph-collection/

"Located in the heart of Denver, in the stylish and iconic neighborhood of Cherry Creek. The Jacquard is at the center of this walkable and vibrant area which offers exceptional shopping, dining and a fun cocktail and nightlife scene. The Jacquard Hotel & Rooftop is in the heart of Denver’s iconic enclave of Cherry Creek. This district is synonymous with art, fashion and business. The perfect location for both business and leisure travelers. The Jacquard, a new and fittingly sophisticated hotel and community gathering place with an intriguing and personalized twist. Perfectly tailored to bring delight to guests and locals alike, The Jacquard weaves together local and regional experiences into beautiful tapestries that are altogether Cherry Creek, speaking the language of sophisticates all over the globe and just around the corner. For some, the rewards come from a highly praised business meeting, flawlessly supported by the latest technology. Other guests will take joy in a fabulous meal or signature cocktail shared with friends at the rooftop pool bar. And all who stay the night will enjoy guestrooms outfitted with luxurious linens, custom-designed furnishings and curated artwork delivering a truly restful and linger-worthy ambiance."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 12, 2018 at 7:37 pm
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Now opening August '18.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Now opening Oct '18. Cat 5.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
I've stayed here twice now - it's a lovely property and a welcome addition as an alternative in Cherry Creek (having already stayed at the JWM many times and also Moxy once). I would say it is on par with Le Meridien in downtown Denver (modern, sleek) but in a more convenient location for me. The restaurant is also very good with a great selection of healthy food choices and a nice wine list.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:37 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Tried this hotel this week. Overall, I'd recommend. It's kind of a strange melding of luxury (the design and some of the amenities reminded me of the SLS Beverly Hills and the Nines in Portland) with basics (in many ways it reminded me of an AC Hotel -- the new ones that Marriott is building in the US, at least, not the older ones that existed in Europe when Marriott bought the brand -- including the same quirky electrical outlets and minifridge that ACs use).

The rooms are definitely compact; it's plenty of space for one person and given the location I doubt they'd have many longer-term guests, but just something to keep in mind. There was no mention of upgrades when I checked in, and it doesn't appear I got one; I didn't push it as I was just on a business trip so didn't care much. But, it doesn't appear they have many upgraded rooms, either -- at least on the floor I was on, it was all compact rooms crammed in against each other (again much like an AC). To the hotel's credit, I guess, their website photos don't seem to try to disguise the room sizes.

There are lots of nice touches with the furnishings, including a very comfy bed with six pillows lined up, a functional desk/table space by the window, a Nespresso machine, nice Frette towels and robes, and a thoughtfully stocked and fairly reasonably priced minibar with lots of local brands. The bathroom is nice though a little odd -- the toilet is a glass cubicle next to the glass shower, but it's a fully transparent glass cubicle, so they really could have skipped the enclosure.

The hotel is also a bit ahead of the curve on sustainability, with reusable (not to be taken) glass water bottles and big toiletry bottles, as all Bonvoy hotels soon will have.

Gym is spacious and has the standard 4-star hotel equipment. There's an apparently heated pool on the roof but I didn't get a chance to check it out.

Elite breakfast is fairly generous -- I never got a clear explanation of what the rules are, but I ordered an entree from the menu each day and got a zero total bill each time. It's a waiter service, cooked-to-order concept, so maybe not ideal if you tend to be in a rush in the morning, but great if you're wiling to devote a bit more time to get good food. Helpfully, there is a subsection of the menu with items that will be delivered quickly, which more hotel restaurants should denote.

One annoyance: no self parking option available with the hotel, and valet is $49/night, which is fairly insulting given the suburban setting. There are various parking garages nearby so there may be more cost-effective options, but I didn't explore. Upon arrival the valet team did helpfully explain that street parking was an option and would be free as long as I moved the car by 7am.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to return.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by bgriff
Elite breakfast is fairly generous -- I never got a clear explanation of what the rules are, but I ordered an entree from the menu each day and got a zero total bill each time. It's a waiter service, cooked-to-order concept, so maybe not ideal if you tend to be in a rush in the morning, but great if you're wiling to devote a bit more time to get good food. Helpfully, there is a subsection of the menu with items that will be delivered quickly, which more hotel restaurants should denote.
The voucher provided is for $20 for the elite member and one guest. There is some grace if it goes a little over $20.

Chris
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
That parking fee is pretty high. Worth noting that parking in Cherry Creek is as challenging, if not more challenging than downtown. The mall across 1st St has 2 massive lots and still charges for parking. There are definitely cheaper options though. Street parking enforcement is also no joke. Moving your car by 7am means 6:59, not 7:01.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Southwest Companion

One annoyance: no self parking option available with the hotel, and valet is $49/night, which is fairly insulting given the suburban setting. There are various parking garages nearby so there may be more cost-effective options, but I didn't explore. Upon arrival the valet team did helpfully explain that street parking was an option and would be free as long as I moved the car by 7am.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to return.
Cherry Creek North (the neighborhood this hotel is in) is notorious for very challenging parking...while it's not downtown, one would certainly not call this suburban. That said, I detest trying to find reasonable parking in this area and have no easy solution to offer. The benefits I see of this hotel is it's walkability to various restaurants (some personal favorites being Piattis, Cherry Creek Grille, True Food), and is an easy Lyft to downtown. If you like malls, you can walk to a nice indoor mall.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:39 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Ellvizzle
Cherry Creek North (the neighborhood this hotel is in) is notorious for very challenging parking...while it's not downtown, one would certainly not call this suburban. That said, I detest trying to find reasonable parking in this area and have no easy solution to offer. The benefits I see of this hotel is it's walkability to various restaurants (some personal favorites being Piattis, Cherry Creek Grille, True Food), and is an easy Lyft to downtown. If you like malls, you can walk to a nice indoor mall.
I don’t necessarily expect free parking here (as you would expect in more strip mall suburban type settings), but a cheaper self park option would make sense. The hotel guest elevators have a P1 and P2 button so I assume there’s a garage directly under the hotel; not sure why they don’t just let guests park themselves there. At least the valet was generally very fast to bring the car.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I don’t necessarily expect free parking here (as you would expect in more strip mall suburban type settings), but a cheaper self park option would make sense. The hotel guest elevators have a P1 and P2 button so I assume there’s a garage directly under the hotel; not sure why they don’t just let guests park themselves there. At least the valet was generally very fast to bring the car.
There is a decent sized underground lot below the retail block (Crate and Barrel, Sur la Table, etc) across the street from the JW a couple blocks away. I've never parked their overnight, but it's likely cheaper than $49 for 24 hours. Probably still $20ish though. Entrance is where Columbine runs into 2nd Ave. It's a high-rent kind of area and a high-rent kind of hotel, so the lack of self park doesn't surprise me too much. They probably just figure the bulk of the clientele will just pay it.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Lot to like, if you don't mind small rooms and glass enclosed toilets

Burned a Suite Night cert for a "corner king," supposedly more spacious than a regular king. Whoa; the regular kings must be quite tiny if the corner kings are more spacious.
But given the relatively small rooms, this is an attractive and modern facility in a nice part of Denver. Staff both friendly and professional. Enjoyed lunch at the Narrative restaurant.
The transparent glass-enclosed toilet area inside the bathrooms is amusing, if not totally impractical and maybe dangerous--if you make a light night visit to the area without turning on the lights and forget the glass enclosure is there.

Last edited by ohmark; Nov 11, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by ohmark
Burned a Suite Night cert for a "corner king," supposedly more spacious than a regular king. Whoa; the regular kings must be quite tiny if the corner kings are more spacious.
But given the relatively small rooms, this is an attractive and modern facility in a nice part of Denver. Staff both friendly and professional. Enjoyed lunch at the Narrative restaurant.
The transparent glass-enclosed toilet area inside the bathrooms is amusing, if not totally impractical and maybe dangerous--if you make a light night visit to the area without turning on the lights and forget the glass enclosure is there.
Was the breakfast still a $20 voucher/guest? Any pushback for 4pm checkout?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Parking: Use the SpotHero app and you'll find a $17 per 24 hour garage a couple blocks away ($5 on weekends). I suspect the closer garages are the same but didn't have a partnership with SpotHero so too lazy to verify. Alternatively, street parking was plentiful (~10 spots right outside the hotel, maybe 30 within a block) and free 7p-8a (free on Sundays), with $2/hr outside (3 hours max). The best part is being able to load the meter through the Denver parking app in the morning so it's really just $6 for 7p-11am. You can switch to a different street every 3 hours if you wish.

Breakfast: $40/day credit, useable on room service. Coffee is also free downstairs.

Room: SNA only clears into Corner King, which was what I received (stayed in regular King the first two nights on a separate reservation). Not really worth it as the room just has a slightly larger entryway and extra corner window. 4pm checkout no issue.

Staff was friendly at both the front desk and restaurant/bar/room service. Rooftop was closed during my stay due to winds and Mon-Tue regular closures. Blue Island Oyster and Sol Cocina nearby were great restaurants to try.

This may be my go to hotel in Denver moving forward as I find Cherry Creek much more pleasant than downtown. Also, doesn't hurt the 35k cert qualifies. For reference I've stayed at the LM, GH, Indigo, and both Kimptons. The hotel vibe itself is comparable to the LM.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had a 25k cert expiring at the end of the month. Realizing that, and with some other things falling into place, I found a 30k rate for same-night check-in at this hotel. I called Mrs. Swede, who was doing errands, and we quickly packed a bag and checked-in about 3 hours after I booked the reservation.

On the SpotHero app, I found a $12 overnight lot about four blocks away. I parked in the valet area and proceeded to check-in. We told the front desk employee that this was an early wedding anniversary getaway, and she upgraded us to a mountain view room and gave us a $40 breakfast voucher. Mrs. Swede took our stuff up to our room while I went and parked the car. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and there wasn't much of a mountain view. More of a view of the next door building's roof and slivers of mountains between other buildings. The room is pretty small, and only one person could realistically work in the room.The hotel doesn't really have a business area, and the conference rooms were fully booked by some skin care company sales meeting.

We went up to the rooftop pool/bar at around 7pm, and it was quite busy. The servers looked overwhelmed, gave very cryptic instructions on where we could sit, and pretty much ignored anyone unless already seated. Since sunset wasn't until 8:30pm, so we finally flagged down a server and asked to put us down for a table for 8:30. She setup a reservation for us for 8:00 and said to come up at 8:30. We proceeded down to Narrative for cocktails and appetizers. I got the burrata and Mrs. Swede got the Thai shrimp. Both dishes and the cocktails were tasty. At 8:30, we went back to the rooftop to see a beautiful sunset. Oddly enough, it wasn't as busy as before. Again, the servers were way too busy, so we just found a spot. Just a note: the food is prepared/cooked down at Narrative and there aren't too many things you can't get upstairs that you can't get downstairs. We ordered a pretzel and some hummus along with some cocktails. The preztel was good, but the hummus and cocktails were meh.

The bed was comfy, and we both slept well.

In the morning, I got some of the free coffee in the lobby--and I had to ask in Narrative for a splash of soymilk for Mrs. Swede's cup. After getting ready, we went back downstairs and ordered Fried Green Tomatoes and the Avocado Toast with an over-easy egg. Both were excellent. After breakfast, we were able to secure a 2pm late checkout, and we split up to do a little work. Mrs. Swede worked in the room, and I went up to the rooftop. The bar area was very quiet, and was a nice place to work--until the sunshine made things warm and created too much glare on my laptop. Wildfires from Arizona made their appearance and made the air hazy and smoky. Around 11:30, we put our laptops away and changed into swimsuits. We enjoyed an hour at the pool, hot tub, and a little sunbathing. We showered, changed, and packed. I walked to get the car while Mrs. Swede checked out.

All in all, a very enjoyable one-night stay. All staff we interacted with were friendly.

The one main complaint is that the three elevators are slow and just didn't seem to operate properly. Most of the time we got to where we wanted--eventually.
LSEGallipot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.