Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What The Marriott Courtyards Of The 80's and Early-To-Mid 90's Looked Like

What The Marriott Courtyards Of The 80's and Early-To-Mid 90's Looked Like

Old Oct 1, 20, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Interesting, but I have to wonder if those were originally a FI. The room layout looks like late 60s early 70s Holiday Inn. I was at the Hotel Paradox in Santa Cruz, nice place, but I was sitting in the room thinking "This was built as HI." Sure enough, it was.

I've obviously spent too much time in hotels.
Jon Maiman likes this.
Old Mar 16, 21, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N965VJ View Post
Interesting, but I have to wonder if those were originally a FI. The room layout looks like late 60s early 70s Holiday Inn. I was at the Hotel Paradox in Santa Cruz, nice place, but I was sitting in the room thinking "This was built as HI." Sure enough, it was.

Strange.
Old Mar 17, 21, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Originally Posted by N965VJ View Post

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the location in Ontario, CA was purpose-built as a Gen 1 Fairfield Inn.
Old Mar 17, 21, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by ALARISstl View Post
And they actually had real kitchens where food was properly prepared for the buffet style breakfast. The kitchens were removed and replaced with fancy microwaves to heat up the frozen Sysco premade Bistro food. Oh, and they had free coffee in the lobby.
I had breakfast many times in the 80's and 90's at various Courtyards; I believe they charged less than $10 for the breakfast buffet and it was pretty good.

I don't recall if the restaurant was open for lunch, but I did have dinner there also a number of times back in the day. Dinners were also decent at the Courtyard Cafe..
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 21, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobOscar View Post
I had breakfast many times in the 80's and 90's at various Courtyards; I believe they charged less than $10 for the breakfast buffet and it was pretty good.

I don't recall if the restaurant was open for lunch, but I did have dinner there also a number of times back in the day. Dinners were also decent at the Courtyard Cafe..
For the price of meals at a Courtyard, it's better for company travel.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: