Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Shanghai EDITION [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Shanghai EDITION [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:58 am

Living Room 1

Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:01 am

Bedroom

Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:06 am

Bathroom

Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:08 am

Views from the Suite

Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Thank you the review.

this hotel reminds me a lot of Park Hyatt Bangkok, very similar in design and furnishing.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
What's the price on the breakfast?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
What's the price on the breakfast?
My rate included breakfast at Shanghai Tavern. The breakfast was a cold buffet selection (fruits, cereals, cold cuts, pastries, etc.) and ordering hot dishes and juices/coffee/tea off an a la carte menu. I don't know how many hot dishes you could order, though. Actually, the a la carte prices were quite reasonable for a five-star hotel.

Upon leaving the restaurant, I was asked to sign the chit, which was RMB 218++. This never got charged to my room, obviously.

Last edited by Fly Me To The Moon; Nov 25, 2018 at 3:08 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the reviews + pics. Looks nice.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald
For a four night couple's vacation in Shanghai, I'm debating between the W and Edition hotels. Any opinions?

W is an year older and I understand in slightly more isolated north Bund area. While Edition looks to be closer to the action of central Bund and has more in house restaurants and bars.

W 46sqm hotel rooms do appear to be more spacious than the Edition 33-36sqm rooms though? Prices between two are similar and I'm MR Titanium if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Last edited by dchen2; Apr 4, 2019 at 5:02 am
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:52 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by dchen2
W 46sqm hotel rooms do appear to be more spacious than the Edition 33-36sqm rooms though? Prices between two are similar and I'm MR Titanium if that makes a difference.
I'd think with your status at Edition you'd end up with a premium room which is 42Sqm and from what I understand has a Bund view
As Edition is a subset of Ritz the Ritz Carlton STARS travel agent program is offering 300CNY credit towards a 60 min spa treatment until 30 June
see the Luxury Hotel's Forum for info on Ritz STARS if you are not familiar
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
My rate included breakfast at Shanghai Tavern. The breakfast was a cold buffet selection (fruits, cereals, cold cuts, pastries, etc.) and ordering hot dishes and juices/coffee/tea off an a la carte menu. I don't know how many hot dishes you could order, though. Actually, the a la carte prices were quite reasonable for a five-star hotel.

Upon leaving the restaurant, I was asked to sign the chit, which was RMB 218++. This never got charged to my room, obviously.
Wow that's a very high rate for breakfast...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon

I'm surprised the breakfast buffet is not more extensive. Most high end hotels in Shanghai have very large spreads. Kerry Hotel Pudong in particular.

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Wow that's a very high rate for breakfast...
RMB 218 is not really high for breakfast. I was at Gritti Palace in Venice last week, and their breakfast is 53 euros per person.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Too many pointless half doors on the shower and toilet. What's the point of having those?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

For those who stays at this property, could you talk about how you went from the airport? I am thinking about taking a subway but the hotel website says it is about 30 miles from the airport and I wonder how long it takes. Not many reviews of this property online so any advice would be appreciated.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How does this hotel compare to the JW Marriott at Tomorrow Square?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.