Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel Belfast Northern Ireland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening April '18. Cat 6. Donegall Quay, Belfast Harbour

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...hotel-belfast/
nequine likes this.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 31, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This could be a great alternative to the nearby old and tired Hilton!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:41 pm

I have been eyeing up the search results to get in for a May booking for 2 weeks now ... looking forward to this one.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:36 pm

I got a points rewards booking in for the first week of May. I went back today to perhaps extend the stay and they now seem to be fully blocked out until MidMay onwards. They are starting to discount Monday nights as well.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Open now. Look forward to the first trip report.

"Connect to the city in a new way at AC Hotel Belfast, an urban retreat in an exceptional riverside location. Explore Belfast on foot with Titanic Belfast, City Hall, Belfast Waterfront, SSE Arena and the shops of Victoria Square a short walk away. Built from the ground up with a designers' eye, the contemporary bedrooms have thoughtful touches of luxury with king size beds, Nespresso coffee makers, glass enclosed double showers and purposeful technology including free high-speed internet access and 49 inch TV’s. Guests also enjoy an AC Fitness Room, 24hr room service and can opt for a delicious continental or cooked breakfast. With 2 meeting rooms, an AC Lounge, riverside terrace and all-day dining, the hotel provides the perfect co-working space and when day turns to night the restaurant “Novelli at City Quays” will excite, as multi-Michelin-starred chef Jean-Christophe Novelli brings his flare to the dining experience, whilst expert bartenders serve up local knowledge with craft beer and cocktails."
acg2 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I am staying there for a week in June with colleagues. Had no idea it was brand new, and swanky! Ill definitely report back upon my return.
T
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by fivevsone
I am staying there for a week in June with colleagues. Had no idea it was brand new, and swanky! Ill definitely report back upon my return.
T
any updates on your stay? I’m trying to decide between this property and the Hilton Belfast for an upcoming stay with my family.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Review of my stay: June 28 - July 2, 2018

The beautiful hotel is located on the river with incredible view of the Titanic Museum.
There is no doubt that this hotel could become the shining star for accommodation in Belfast.

However, there are a few important things lacking in the hotel:

1. No soap tray in the shower. As a result, soap and shampoo must be placed on the shower floor. This needs to be fixed.

2. At check-in, I inquired about swimming pool that could be used by hotel guests. Associate told me to go up to the room and he would organize the information and have it ready upon my return to the front desk.

Some 45 minutes later, I approached the associate, who told me that he now thought I no longer desired the information.

3. Some of the dining staff seem to be ill-equipped to provide good service. I will not go into details, but on multiple occasions the staff were unable to provide basic service.

I am sure that the hotel management will correct these issues. The hotel has only been open for a few weeks, and I believe it has not yet assembled a sufficient set of qualified staff to properly provide the necessary quality of service the hotel guests deserve.

I am confident that the hotel will soon achieve its full potential.

Last edited by Gigantor; Jul 5, 2018 at 8:48 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gigantor

The beautiful hotel is located on the river with incredible view of the Titanic Museum.
There is no doubt that this hotel could become the shining star for accommodation in Belfast.

However, there are a few important things lacking in the hotel:

1. No soap tray in the shower. As a result, soap and shampoo must be placed on the shower floor. This needs to be fixed.

2. At check-in, I inquired about swimming pool that could be used by hotel guests. Associate told me to go up to the room and he would organize the information and have it ready upon my return to the front desk.

Some 45 minutes later, I approached the associate, who told me that he now thought I no longer desired the information.

3. Some of the dining staff seem to be ill-equipped to provide good service. I will not go into details, but on multiple occasions the staff were unable to provide basic service.

I am sure that the hotel management will correct these issues. The hotel has only been open for a few weeks, and I believe it has not yet assembled a sufficient set of qualified staff to properly provide the necessary quality of service the hotel guests deserve.

I am confident that the hotel will soon achieve its full potential.
thanks for the update!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Hi,

I was also there, evening of 29th June only.

Like Gigantor, I also see great potential for the hotel but it is a bit amateurish in its infancy.
  • I booked 'Local Rate 1' via marriott.com which includes breakfast (10 p.p. and parking 8 per night). They were blissfully unaware of this at checkin, and i had to challenge on both these items individually.
  • They did not respond to the chat messages from the App.
  • Gold-Upgraded to Lagan view room on top (8th) floor (as per my preferences). The floor seemed to have a drainage issue and stank quite badly. Had to change room and the more senior person at the front desk acknowledged that there had been complaints in the heat. Moved to 6 floor which was nice.
  • Rooms are quite nice; lack of soap storage in shower has already been mentioned. Two complimentary bottles of water in the fridge.
  • Breakfast was of very high quality, and service is definitely friendly but still in refinement... I got served a teapot without a tea bag, which was corrected with good cheer.
  • Location along the river and just off the cathedral quarter.... It gets a bit more interesting (a few homeless hostels etc.) in that area which might intimidate some at night time but, having lived in belfast for 5 years, i felt safe. This will be the new cathedral quarter in 10 years.
The location of the hotel is fantastic for those travelling to Belfast by car - just off the M2 and super easy/cheap parking whilst only 5-10 mins walk from the cathedral quarter so I will definitely return. Overall a much better hotel that the Hilton or Radisson (which is borderline dirty in my 1 experience), but there are more interesting hotels in the centre (particularly the Bullitt) at a similar price point but difficult to park at....

James
acg2 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Stayed here for one night this week. It was my first time at an AC hotel since the Marriott acquisition and was very pleasantly surprised, especially for the sub Ł100 cost. I was recognised as an Ambassador at the desk and upgraded to a large suite on the top floor. A full living room with a comfy couch (a refreshing change), a large bedroom with a real King Size bed and a large bathroom (shower only). It still felt very new and the hotel is regarded as one of the better ones in the city. It's a few hundred metres from the Cathedral District which is the current entertainment hub.

The hotel bar is somewhat unexpectedly open 24 hours a day, although the staff are more than a little green still.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Been watching for a week or so and the hotel seems closed for reservations after the first week of December 2019. Any intel?
Old May 6, 2019, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Hasn't opened up inventory is my guess. But if someone else has real info, would be interested to hear it.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I'm here in a few weeks time so I will ask if you haven't got an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.