Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn London Kensington UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Residence Inn London Kensington UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by steveholt
Location next to an enormous 24-hour Tesco is nice. Two high streets within a short walk.
Is it close to subway station (I think they call it in the UK Underground) and how far is the distance?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is it close to subway station (I think they call it in the UK Underground) and how far is the distance?
Earl's Court tube station is about a 10-minute walk, maybe a little more with luggage. I didn't feel unsafe with friends, but if you're arriving at night, the walk goes down a darker road inbetween the high street and the Tesco.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
@NA-Flyer I am a solo female business traveler and have never felt unsafe getting from the Earls Court tube stop (aka The Underground - the London subway system) to my hotel (I often stay close by at the Marriott Kensington, which is on Cromwell Rd.) in the evenings. The Residence Inn is less than a 1/2 mile from the tube stop.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
The reviews on Marriott's own website for this property are less than stellar, with cleanliness being mentioned on more than one post. I've a reservation here for later this week, but I'm starting to wonder if I should go elsewhere.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Would stay away from this property. They have some serious resource issues which affects the cleaning and overall guest experience.

check in took me 40 mins, by the way.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Any updates? I just booked a 3 night stay for spring.

dh
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott Ambassador
I've avoided going back to this hotel when I had housekeeping knocking on the door (and coming in) every 20mins after 11am when I had a 4pm late checkout and had the do not disturb sign up so I could get some work done in the room before I left. Found the overall experience pretty poor and generally prefer the nearby Kensignton Marriott (for a similar price normally).

Of course I don't need the kitchen facilities as I'm normally only in town for 1-3 days at most.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Any updates? I just booked a 3 night stay for spring.

dh
They've had new management since my last visit back in Sept. So unsure if it has improved. However from looking at TripAdvisor and it's management response; looks like they're taking a rather...different approach to addressing feedback.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Any update on new management and preferences on Studio vs Open Plan Suite?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
They've had new management since my last visit back in Sept. So unsure if it has improved. However from looking at TripAdvisor and it's management response; looks like they're taking a rather...different approach to addressing feedback.
I just checked and first one i saw was this after a guest gave a 5 star review:

The hotel is 18 months old, still looks in great condition but even with all that, the staff are what make our hotel what it is. They might not be the most skilful or knowledgeable but they are the most genuine, hardworking and decent bunch of people. They make our hotel what it is and I am not at all surprised you experienced excellent service when you stayed with us.

From all the team here at Kensington, stay well and hope to see you in the future!!

Kind Regards
Ross Ferguson
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Any recent stays here?

I have a 10 night stay coming up over Christmas & New Years.

Will be traveling with family so booked a one bedroom suite with a sofa bed.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
Any recent stays here?

I have a 10 night stay coming up over Christmas & New Years.

Will be traveling with family so booked a one bedroom suite with a sofa bed.
I was there at the beginning of September. The location is nice. It's relatively quiet and there's a Tesco (large grocery store) next door. The tube stop is maybe a 10 minute walk away. The breakfast is one of the better ones I've seen at RIs lately. The property is clean and relatively new, the washer and dryer in the laundry room are free to use, and the staff is friendly. If there are any drawbacks, I'd say just that the location isn't near any of the tourist sites, but there's a bus stop right there and the tube is right down the street if you want to get around without renting a car. I think you'll enjoy your stay.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I was there at the beginning of September. The location is nice. It's relatively quiet and there's a Tesco (large grocery store) next door. The tube stop is maybe a 10 minute walk away. The breakfast is one of the better ones I've seen at RIs lately. The property is clean and relatively new, the washer and dryer in the laundry room are free to use, and the staff is friendly. If there are any drawbacks, I'd say just that the location isn't near any of the tourist sites, but there's a bus stop right there and the tube is right down the street if you want to get around without renting a car. I think you'll enjoy your stay.
Thanks. I used to live a 5 minute walk away from this property (albeit a long time ago) so am familiar with the area.

Good to know the breakfast is decent. With 2 small kids that aspect is important.

What room type did you have & did you find it spacious? Also, how big was the fridge & was there sufficient space & cooking utensils in the kitchen area if we want to cook on & off while we are there?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
Thanks. I used to live a 5 minute walk away from this property (albeit a long time ago) so am familiar with the area.

Good to know the breakfast is decent. With 2 small kids that aspect is important.

What room type did you have & did you find it spacious? Also, how big was the fridge & was there sufficient space & cooking utensils in the kitchen area if we want to cook on & off while we are there?
I had the "One Bedroom Open Plan," you enter in to the bedroom and there was also a living room but no door separating the two. The fridge was a minifridge but it held a gallon of water and some other small items. There was also cookware and a dining table that seats two. If you have kids they could probably eat on the sofa (unless you get a bigger room). Everything was new but it was probably one of the smaller RI rooms I've stayed in. If you have SNAs to spare, you might want to consider trying to get a 2-Bedroom because it will be a lot more comfortable for a family of 4.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I had the "One Bedroom Open Plan," you enter in to the bedroom and there was also a living room but no door separating the two. The fridge was a minifridge but it held a gallon of water and some other small items. There was also cookware and a dining table that seats two. If you have kids they could probably eat on the sofa (unless you get a bigger room). Everything was new but it was probably one of the smaller RI rooms I've stayed in. If you have SNAs to spare, you might want to consider trying to get a 2-Bedroom because it will be a lot more comfortable for a family of 4.
I've booked a Premium One Bedroom Suite which I believe is larger than the Open Plan Suite. I have applied SNAs for the 2 bedroom suite but over Christmas & New Year I don't have much hope for it clearing.
DallasEsq likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.