Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Your favorite autograph collection hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite autograph collection hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:36 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Very surprised that the hotel I consider to be the best Legacy Marriott hotel I have ever stayed at is not mentioned here- Domes of Elounda on Crete!

It is the only Autograph I have stayed at so far, though I am planning to try Glasshouse in 2020.
christianj and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
I’ve stayed twice at the University Arms in Cambridge UK, great hotel... I’ve been upgraded to suites on both stays, so I am admittedly a little bias! seriously, really neat place!

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:43 pm

For within the US, I would go with
  • Blackstone in Chicago (already mentioned a few times)
  • The Mayflower in Washington DC (consistently great elite treatment in my experience, especially on weekends when they aren't packed)
Outside the US, favorites would include
  • The Shelbourne in Dublin
  • Palazzo Naiadi in Rome (formerly Boscolo Exedra. Not great with upgrades but the Titanium breakfast is extremely generous)
  • Roomers Munich
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Kananaskis Mountain Lodge in Alberta, CA. Really more a "resort" than a "lodge", but very high standard. SNA upgrade to duplex suite, and full buffet/ala carte Breakfast as Platinum gift. Real attraction though is surrounding nature, with lots of beatiful walking/trekking/biking for all levels nearby, and Banff National Park just up the road.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:25 am

My favorites are:
Glasshouse Edinburgh
Threadneedles London
Great elite recognition in both places, as well as excellent service.

Considering location, the best Marriott property in Lisbon is Fontecruz Lisboa (but not the best among Autograph Collection).
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:32 am

Laylow in Waikiki and Noelle in Nashville were both spectacular. Two of my favorite hotels of the year. Completing a stay right now at Envoy in Boston and it is right up there with those two.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I commented on this thread last year and at the time mentioned we would be staying at 3 Autograph Collection hotels while in Italy.

As noted above, the Palazzo Naiadi was fabulous. I used 5 SNAs and was upgraded to a 2-level Junior Suite. Breakfast was excellent. We also had great elite recognition at the Sina Villa Medici. We were upgraded (on a 5-night points stay) to a corner room overlooking the pool with a wraparound terrace. And the breakfast there was excellent as well.

FYI. Not being added to my list of favorite Autograph Collection hotels is the Grand Hotel Dei Dogi in Venice...

So with that being said our list of favorites is:

The Shelbourne, Dublin (although we stayed there when it was a Renaissance)
The Glasshouse, Edinburgh
Palazzo Naiadi, Rome
Sina Villa Medici, Florence

Has anyone stayed at The Saint in Key West? I'd like to give that a try.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:09 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Hands down, EMC2 in Chicago
I talk myself out of this one almost every time I go to Chicago in favor of something else...is it that good???

I love hearing about all the different properties on this thread. And there happen to be autograph collection properties all over...even in some unlikely places (I'm looking at you Davenport, Iowa) there are some gorgeous hotels.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by damon88
Very surprised that the hotel I consider to be the best Legacy Marriott hotel I have ever stayed at is not mentioned here- Domes of Elounda on Crete!
+1 hands down!
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:41 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Thanks OP for starting this thread.

Autograph properties are now on my radar.
bhrubin and obunewbie17 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:40 pm

I'd also support the vote for Noelle in Nashville - that's a tribute portfolio, not autograph, but I think the brands are fairly similar. I would also add Le Dokhan in Paris to my list if we include the legacy SPG brand.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:56 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We had a nice stay at the Ambassador in Kansas City--excellent service in a lovely boutique property.

Will be at the Glasshouse in Edinburgh in April 2020. Everyone seems to like it a lot so I'm very optimistic.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Anybody stay at the Bankside Hotel (London)?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Threadneedles in London, have stayed several times recently and every stay has been perfect! They still do a proper breakfast, non of that buffet rubbish!

Great staff and a hotel full of character!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Paragraph Resort & Spa Shekvetili, Autograph Collection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.