Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien - Garden Grove, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP

Saw this on a Disney discussion board. Sorry if it's already been posted to FT and I missed it. If Disneyland wasn't so obscenely crowded these days, I'd probably be more excited, but I'm always happy to see more LMs being built.

https://www.ocbj.com/news/2018/feb/0...-garden-grove/

A Kimpton and a Le Meridien are two of the three hotels coming to a 5-acre site, next to a Target store and across Harbor Blvd. from the Hyatt Regency Orange County, in Garden Grove. The Business Journal reported in August the $450 million project, down the street from Disneyland Resort, will get three hotels with 769 rooms, 39,000 square feet of meeting space, and 45,000 square feet of commercial space. The Kimpton and Le Meridien brands were named by Mayor Steve Jones at the State of the City lunch yesterday, an event presented by the city’s chamber of commerce. Le Meridien will get about 400 rooms in one tower on the property; Kimpton Hotels & Resorts in San Francisco will have a “four-star 200-room” hotel in a second building, a release said.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Ah, Garbage Grove. The cesspool of Southern California.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:10 pm

That's what I thought too. Garden Grove?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:23 pm

cant figure out where they are building this... :\ Says Target and Hyatt. but i see no empty land in close proximity of them both(on google maps)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:14 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
In like fashion to others here it seems, my first thought was "a Le Meridien in Garbage Grove?!? Why?!?"

Edit: From Google Maps, it is likely going in across from the Sheraton Garden Grove and not across from the Hyatt Regency OC (unless you consider the entire block to be "across the street"), though that plot seems small even if you include the one across the street...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:11 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Official announcement for the project was on January 31st; will include approximately 400 rooms, signature restaurant, rooftop bar, gym, pool, spa and 39000 square feet of meeting facilities. Construction starts in Q3 this year, opening in 2021. I saw some design schematics for the hotel and while the exterior was redesigned, I believe that HBA [also did LM Shanghai, Minhang - probably my favorite LM from a design perspective] was tapped to design the interiors and they look very promising.

With this announcement, LM’s US pipeline includes Dania Beach [late 2019], St. Louis [due second half of this year], Arcadia [2020] and Garden Grove. Hope to see more of them spring up - would love to see the brand launch in Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC and Chicago proper, as well as see them enter New York and Seattle.

khabah

Interstate Hotels & Resorts Announces Partnership With SCG America To Open A Le Méridien Hotel In Orange County, California

ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Following a signing ceremony that took place yesterday, Interstate Hotels & Resorts today announced its executed management agreement with New York City-based SCG America (SCGA) – the company leading the development of a new Le Méridien hotel in Orange County, California. Construction is anticipated to commence Q3 of 2019 with the hotel slated to open in 2021. This latest management contract is part of the company's strategy to grow its high-end hotel portfolio and follows news of Interstate's two Westin hotel additions (Alexandria and Portland, Maine) and the historic Hill Top House Hotel luxury destination retreat project in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia.

"Our goal from day one, upon selecting the global lifestyle Le Méridien brand, was to ensure that we chose the most respected, quality service and product-oriented operator that can deliver on our promise," said Winfred Zhang, president and CEO of SCG America.

"We are honored to be working with SCG America to open a Le Méridien hotel, a project that will inject vibrancy into the California hospitality scene," said Michael J. Deitemeyer, president and CEO of Interstate Hotels & Resorts. "Partnering with incredible brands like Le Méridien and quality developers like SCGA furthers the momentum of where Interstate is headed."

Inspired by the brand's French heritage - born in 1960s Paris during an era of glamorous travel, the new Le Méridien hotel will feature approximately 400 mid-century modern designed guestrooms and suites as well as the brand's innovative signature lobby concept that transforms the traditional lobby into a communal coffee house atmosphere by day and sophisticated cocktail lounge by night. Echoing the brand's distinctly European spirit of savouring the good life, the hotel also features a signature restaurant and rooftop bar, well-equipped fitness centre, swimming pool, on-site spa, and 39,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event space ideal for convention business, leisure and group travel.

In addition to Le Méridien, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is accelerating with a global outlook and a robust mix of projects in the pipeline. Interstate's depth of experience across all lodging segments and asset classes drives results in each of its managed hotels worldwide. For more information, visit www.InterstateHotels.com.

Interstate Hotels & Resorts

Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading U.S.-based global hotel management company, operating branded full- and select-service hotels, resorts, convention centers, and independent hotels. Currently, Interstate's global portfolio represents 530 properties in 12 countries inclusive of a committed pipeline of signed hotels under construction or development around the world. The company's experienced operators, industry leading platforms, and extensive management capabilities produce exceptional guest experiences and optimal returns for hotel owners and investors. For more information, please visit www.interstatehotels.com. Connect with Interstate on Facebook and LinkedIn.

SCG America

SCG America (SCGA), a wholly-owned subsidiary of SCG which was ranked the Top 10 largest Global Contractor by Engineering News-Record in 2018, SCGA headquartered in New York City, has three decades of experience and currently has billions invested in real estate in the United States. Their services range from general contracting, construction management, real estate development, and real estate fund management. As highly sought-after builders and developers, SCGA strives for professional excellence and technological innovation that creates enduring value for partners and customers alike.

Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts

Born in 1960s Paris during an era of glamorous travel, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts continues to celebrate cultures around the world through the distinctly European spirit of savouring the good life. With more than 100 hotels and resorts in nearly 40 countries and territories, Le Méridien's engaging mid-century designed spaces coupled with chic signature programmes, which put a playful twist on art, coffee, sparkling cocktails, summer and family, inspire creative-minded travellers to explore the world in style – whether traveling for business or leisure. Stay connected to Le Méridien on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Le Méridien is proud to participate in the company's award-winning loyalty programs – Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG). The programs, operating under one set of unparalleled benefits, enable members to earn points toward free hotel stays, achieve Elite status faster than ever, and seamlessly book or redeem points for stays throughout our loyalty portfolio of 29 brands and more than 6,700 participating hotels in 129 countries & territories. To enroll for free or for more information about the programs, visit members.marriott.com.

Source: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300787508.html
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
What do you love about the brand?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by stvr
What do you love about the brand?
I grew up in Le Méridien hotels around the world back when they were independent, so there's definitely a nostalgic element to my relationship with the brand - but I love the mid-century modern design movement that the brand bases its design aesthetic around, I appreciate good coffee [they have a tie-up with Illy], I come from an arts background [many LMs have relationships with art galleries and museums that grant free access for hotel guests] and believe that the brand comes from good pedigree as the hotel arm of Air France, and is underutilized in the market.

I was digging through boxes of old stuff and found directories of their hotels from 1999 and the early 2000s, and they had hotels all over the world with expansion plans that would have taken them to places like Karachi, Tel Aviv, Casablanca, Cape Town, Prague and San Diego. Yes, Le Méridien lost its way a bit since it hopped from owner to owner in the early/mid-2000s, but it remains recognizable, its name brings up connotations of travel and discovery, and it has the potential to be a very upper-upscale brand if properly marketed and pushed for expansion. I see it as a better proposition with a more unified image than its sister brand Renaissance [with which it shares the space as a distinctive, destination-centric upper-upscale brand], which comes off to me as an all-over-the-place portfolio.

khabah
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:10 am

According to this article from last week, the exterior design has been updated, groundbreaking on the hotel is scheduled for July 2021, the final room count is 398 rooms and opening is in 2023.

khabah

TravisMT81 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.