Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sandyph
ah ok, thanks for the info

at least now I know what to expect, maybe that's why the rate is very low compared to other bonvoy hotels
I think the rates are lower at the moment because there’s no pool or spa open until mid-April. There’s also some construction noise according to the website.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

I think the rates are lower at the moment because there’s no pool or spa open until mid-April. There’s also some construction noise according to the website.
is this true ?
the last TA review that mentioned the pool is not ready is from 4 Feb, subsequent reviews don't highlight this.

edit.

Just called them and they said the pool will be open by end of feb and should be open in april
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:43 am

Just did a quick staycation at Ocean Park Marriott.

In short, this property exceeded my expectation.

As an Ambassador, I requested Your24 6PM Check In / Out and was approved with in 48 hours of booking. In addition, I was also pre-upgraded to their deluxe suite, which was amazing. Prior to the hotel opening, I did a quick Site Inspection, found their basic rooms just so-so. The MClub lounge was also a highlight of the stay. Food spread for both breakfast and evening was decent, staffs were super friendly and pro-active.

The only downside to this property was the lack of elite line at the check in counters. You can also choose to do the check in/out process in the MClub. If you do decide to do the check in at the lounge, make sure you get the staff at the entrance to give you access to the 1st floor, as requires a room key.

As for the pool, it was closed when I visited. It was a bit too cold for a swim anyways.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
You cannot get closer to the hotel than Ocean Park MTR station. They are right there next to each other with a small area of concrete in between.
The bus stop is actually closer than the MTR Station, especially if you exit the hotel from the Club Wing, it’s literally 30 seconds to the bus stop. The MTR Station is more or less 2 minutes away. Either way, both are pretty much right next to the hotel.

Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Even if the pools are opened, you wouldn’t be able to swim as the none of the pools are heated, unless swimming in cold water is your thing.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Central90210
The bus stop is actually closer than the MTR Station, especially if you exit the hotel from the Club Wing, it’s literally 30 seconds to the bus stop. The MTR Station is more or less 2 minutes away. Either way, both are pretty much right next to the hotel.
Even if the pools are opened, you wouldn’t be able to swim as the none of the pools are heated, unless swimming in cold water is your thing.
Oh that’s disappointing! Isn’t there a hot jacuzzi among the multitude of pools I can see in the aerial photo of the hotel? Or any hot tub in the changing rooms?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:47 pm
soy

Programs: various
I see recently that MRR were offering bloggers an all expenses trip to Ocean Park HK, so we will at least get some trip reports soon.......though unbiased ones would be preferable.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I saw that they had official opening last month and it was really "bombastic" with the CEO of SAR Hong Kong, and a bunch of famous celebrities. Shortly after that they had an incident that some lifeguard got sick and had to be sent to hospital from chloride leaking (don't know what they were doing as the pools were closed according to Marriott). I wouldn't exactly say it's a good start.

I have never seen a 3.5 out of 5 new hotel review at marriott.com and this one has the 3.5 out of 5 score. Seems that staff are not competent according to the review. Someone told me that the GM used to run the Ren in Hong Kong (maybe that explains the low upgrade chances according to the review). I decided to stay at the SkyCity even though the cash rate was similar.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: bonvoy lifetime titanium, UA 1k, BR gold
yeah just checked in... have to agree that they are quite stingy on the upgrades.... even tried using SNA to no avail... booked 2 rooms that were 'upgraded' to 'club level' but would only grant club access to me (rewards account holder) + 1 guest as opposed to both of the people in the other room... (we have a total of 3 people in 2 rooms)... this is really rather annoying.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by arthur -- flyer wanna be
yeah just checked in... have to agree that they are quite stingy on the upgrades.... even tried using SNA to no avail... booked 2 rooms that were 'upgraded' to 'club level' but would only grant club access to me (rewards account holder) + 1 guest as opposed to both of the people in the other room... (we have a total of 3 people in 2 rooms)... this is really rather annoying.
They gave you exactly the correct access to the club lounge benefit: member + 1. What would give you a different expectation of this or indeed any hotel loyalty programme?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Just finished 3 days/2 nights stay here last weekend.

Booked normal room, 'upgraded' to club room as normal Platinum.
The hotel location is very good if you're planning to go to Ocean Park, but there are nothing else in the area.
For anything to eat/shop, will need to go to Admiralty which is only 1 stop (5 minutes) away.

The club offering is quite extensive for the cocktail hours (lambs, wings, ribeyes, ribs, pasta, salads, etc) which is enough for a full dinner.
And they are allowing kids to come along during this time (make sense since most of the guest will be families that are planning to go to Ocean Park)
Breakfast is also good with a bunch of east/west options.

Though when I came back around 6pm+ after a full day in Ocean Park, my wife found that the room have not been cleaned up. The cleaner was actually few rooms down and when confronted, she said that she's busy and wouldn't have the time to clean my room and asked my wife to wait for the next shift to come.

After a quick call to the front desk the same lady come knocking and clean the room immediately.
the front desk offered dinner as compensation which we refused since we already have a plan with our friends (also they only offered it for 1 pax)

on the 3rd morning we used the swimming pool and we were the only people there (and a bunch of lifeguards), I guess most of the other guest are in Ocean Park instead

On a whole, a quite enjoyable stay and the rooms are quite spacious with a unique bath tub.
Good service at the Club and all around, shame the housekeeping staff for tarnishing a nice stay
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Has anyone had success in finding LNF rates for this hotels?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Stayed here for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. Had similar issue with housekeeping. On the day of arrival, the room was not stocked with lotion, slippers, and water. We asked the lounge staff if they don't provide these items and they were very surprised my room didn't have these. The second day we found the room was not cleaned when we came back around 4pm. Had to ask front desk for housekeeping service then the cleaning staff came. Besides the housekeeping issue, we found a constant odor coming out of the toilet area drain pipe. We asked the front desk to send someone to help with this. That person basically drained some water into the pipe, but the issue remained. We basically put up with it over our stay. The corridor also has a plasticky "newness" smell. The lounge is probably the best part of the hotel with decent food quality during breakfast and dinner/happy hour. But you do get noisy children as there were quite a few of them during our stay.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Muerz
Has anyone had success in finding LNF rates for this hotels?
Not a LNF story but I made a booking recently for a Saturday night staycation fully intending to maximise the value in the lounge in the evening and hoping for some nice weather to go by the pool. I'd checked it on the app during the day and saw a rate of ~HK$1300+ but when I later headed to the web site via Ebates there were only premium rooms available for HK$2000+ a night :-(.

I went back to the app and for some reason the cheaper rate was still offered to me. So I booked it and now have a confirmed reservation for <HK$1500 net. This is cheaper than Ovolo Southside, the two Courtyards or Le Meridien Cyberport for that particular night for a much better quality experience and location. I am happy.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
What’s the best way to this hotel from the airport? If taking a taxi from the Airport Express Hong Kong Station, how much will it cost?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
What’s the best way to this hotel from the airport? If taking a taxi from the Airport Express Hong Kong Station, how much will it cost?
The traffic through the tunnel to get from Central to the hotel can be quite variable. I think if you take a cab the cost can range from HK$30-50, but just a guesstimate. The most traffic-free is MTR. You take the Island line to Admiralty then transfer to South Island line. Then its a short walk from the Ocean Park exit. Bus 260 or 6 are also very convenient, but are exposed to the same tunnel traffic. The buses and MTR should both be under HK$10 (assume you use an Octopus card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.