Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by doesun
​​​​​updated grand opening in January 2019

https://m.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/ho...ocean-park-set
Soft opening was yesterday and rooms are available online from Nov 13 onward - prices fluctuate mostly around HK$2000. Walked around today and the hotel has a very nice pool area.

Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:50 am
soy

Programs: various
Looks nice.
No mention of resort on the web page, lets hope it stays that way. I have read that there is (will be?) a Club wing with a lounge, so hopefully that ensures plats get brekkie even if they redesignate it later. At least one blog is calling it a resort, so who knows...
https://theshutterwhale.com/blog/201...m=BoardingArea
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott press release on opening today: (it's a resort)

Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel Inspires Guests With Adventure | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"...today opened the highly-anticipated Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel, a 471-room landmark urban green resort just minutes from the heart of a city famous for its skyscrapers, offering a brilliant new destination experience for business travellers and families alike.

With families and staycations in mind, at the heart of the destination resort is the large lagoon pool which includes children’s pools. These pools are easily accessed from the three surrounding hotel wings, four restaurants and leisure facilities. Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel also offers the M Passport program, a pilot that encourages children and their parents to participate in various resort activities with educational and fun themes, such as seashell art, scavenger hunts and dinners that encourage parent and child bonding. Completion of each activity is linked to rewards and treats that are tracked using a specially designed passport.

Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel is an homage to a modern urban green oasis comprising of three towers – The Pier Wing, Club Wing and Marina Wing. It offers 471 smoke-free, contemporary rooms and suitesThree types of Ocean Park-themed rooms are available at The Pier Wing and Marina Wing.

The Club Wing houses the executive M Club. The highly anticipated Club Wing is scheduled to open early next year.

The hotel showcases four restaurants and bars designed for brilliant dining experiences complete with alfresco areas offering amazing views over the hotel lagoon. These include The Pier Lounge and Bar for modern dining and cocktails; and Marina Kitchen, an all-day dining and international buffet featuring live cooking stations and a kids dessert counter. Meanwhile, guests can head to the Canton Bistro for Cantonese specialities and the Prohibition Grill House & Cocktail Bar to enjoy an American steakhouse concept. All dining outlets also serve WWF-certified sustainable seafood from approved suppliers.

After an eventful day of work or exploration, guests can refresh in the outdoor lagoon pool or rejuvenate in Hong Kong’s first Harnn Heritage Spa or work out their stress in the fitness center.

While the hotel’s location is perfectly situated for access to the city, it also offers convenient access for to Hong Kong’s breathtaking hiking and jogging trails. These trails wind through some of Hong Kong’s finest coastline and country parks, including Repulse Bay, the Aberdeen Reservoir and the challenging Dragon’s Back Trail.

Hotel guests are also entitled to exclusive Ocean Park benefits, such as special opening and seasonal offers, when staying at the Hotel."
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I stayed here for one night on Saturday. It was a free night (my former SPG Cat 5 50 night bonus certificate awarded in 2017 that needed using before the end of December. Adding this certificate online when I made the reservation was trivial.). I checked in on line using the app the day before and arrived about 5pm. It's still in its soft opening phase and only ~150 of the ~450 rooms are open including *no* suites, Club Lounge or the spa. Despite this I highly recommend this new addition to the portfolio in HK and it will be interesting to see where the pricing eventually falls. It's (going to be) a great hotel and it's only one stop on the (relatively) new MTR line from Admiralty so, despite the mountain, its location is in fact really good and the hotel is right by Ocean Park MTR station. They can comfortably charge more than Le Meridien (accessibility, location, lounge and rooms all significantly better), of course Ovolo Southside, and the Courtyard HK (better lounge and rooms) but it should be less than the JW. Not stayed at the Renaissance to compare and I'm ignoring Kowloon hotels for this purpose.

Service was great. I was welcomed three times on the short walk from the MTR to reception desk. They apologised for the lack of suite (none open yet) and I got a room on the highest floor. I assume this means they would have given me a suite as PPE otherwise. Inside the room, I almost forgot I'm in HK because the room was relatively normal hotel room size. An advantage of being the wrong side of the mountain where there's space. No lounge yet but an area of the bar was set aside for drinks and food in the evening for Platinums. Food from 5.30pm-7.30pm and drinks including cocktails until 9.30pm. Food was enough for a meal (as indeed numerous people were clearly taking it as their main meal of the day) and very high quality. Cocktails were made in the adjacent bar using the spirits from the temporary lounge that they carried over when I asked for a Negroni - I assume the lounge has its own budget if not its own bartender.

Breakfast in the morning was in the main buffet and was an excellent spread with numerous food stations of all types. Whether Platinums will still get the choice of breakfast in the main buffet after the lounge opens is anyone's guess but for the moment it's great. We had to sign for the breakfast (IIRC ~HK$280 per person) but it didn't appear on my bill so again I think it was assigned internally to the lounge budget.

The room had a Nespresso machine with four pods, a day lounger along the window, no formal desk and a curious clear plastic wall between the shower (and beyond that through the glass shower door to the loo) and the bedroom. Thankfully there was an electronic curtain to hide it away. Got to say I liked this hotel a lot and service was excellent. It will be interesting if the evening booze hours and/or buffet breakfast benefits remain after the lounge opens. The only other thought I had was that the whole place came across far more like a Le Meridien than my stereotype of a Marriott which is interesting in HK because Le Meridien HK is far more like an Aloft than a LeM. No matter. Try it out if the rate is right. One stop from Admiralty.

(I’ve been trying to upload photos of the room and food but Flyertalk isn’t letting me do so. Next time.)

Last edited by ftrichard; Dec 10, 2018 at 10:37 pm
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Thanks for the review! It sounds like a great hotel - I'm hoping to get a good price in February - right now the rates look insane.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I drove past it many times a couple weeks ago - relatives think it looks like a prison from the road! But looks nice from the courtyard view.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We walked by it on our way to the MTR station in first week of Nov when we went to Ocean Park. The outside looks a bit odd with all those "branches" along the outside walls as separation lines for the floors and the room sections.

Courtyard view picture looks a lot nicer than the exterior look. Though we are not a fan of M Club concept. The first M Club is at Calgary where we can say it has been a major disappointment. Wish we have chosen Hyatt just behind the Marriott instead.

I seriously doubt the hotel would have lower rates given Ocean Park is very popular to the Mainland Chinese tourists all year round. Basically 85% or more visitors are from Mainland China from what we observed. Many tour groups but also many individuals, families and couples who seem quite loaded. This hotel would have no problem filling up their rooms when it is fully operational.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
booked a stay here in early April since it's have one of the lowest rate of all the bonvoy hotels and accessible enough to MTR to go to other places

my only question is, is there anything to eat at the surrounding area at night (cafe/restaurant/etc) or I will need to stick to room service/take MTR to central ?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:17 am

There's a Pizza Express within walking distance. If you search on the map for Ovolo Southside then you'll find the Pizza Express on the way.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by sandyph
my only question is, is there anything to eat at the surrounding area at night (cafe/restaurant/etc) or I will need to stick to room service/take MTR to central ?
Nothing in the immediate vicinity. The Pizza Express mentioned above is still 10-15 minutes on foot away, with literally nothing in between.

Other than room service, your best bet for late night food will probably be Causeway Bay or Aberdeen, both a 5-7 minute cab ride away late at night with no traffic.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
ah ok, thanks for the info

at least now I know what to expect, maybe that's why the rate is very low compared to other bonvoy hotels
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Is the hotel closer to the 6/260 bus stop, or the Ocean Park MTR station? Looking for a more convenient access with luggage.

Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:48 am

close to Ocean Park MTR station connected by a footbirdge , also close to lots of bus routes including 6 and 260 for Central/ Stanley direction
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Chihster
Is the hotel closer to the 6/260 bus stop, or the Ocean Park MTR station? Looking for a more convenient access with luggage.

Thanks.
You cannot get closer to the hotel than Ocean Park MTR station. They are right there next to each other with a small area of concrete in between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.