Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Renaissance Harbor View [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DaveMidknight
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Hotel Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong Renaissance Harbor View [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As I've mentioned up thread, the Hyatt is much better whenever prices are in the same ballpark.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:19 am

Any frequent guests here - is it worth giving up the harbour view for a "garden view" room to avoid the construction noise? Just checked in and it seems like it will be bad.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by ajca
Any frequent guests here - is it worth giving up the harbour view for a "garden view" room to avoid the construction noise? Just checked in and it seems like it will be bad.
My last stay here was April of 2018, I will be back there in about 2 weeks.

I have been staying here for many years, and it seems like the construction has gone on in one form or another for almost as long as I have been staying here. I have had harbour view rooms most of the time, and have never had any issue with the construction noise. But of course it depends on what floor you are on, the higher the better. And I don't know if it has gotten worse recently. If you have never had a harbour view room before, it's quite the sight. But there is nothing wrong with the garden view, if the noise is bothering you then by all means move over.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:57 am

Since my best friend lives there, I stay with him pretty often; if I just left, this morning. The construction seems to have been less annoying as of late, though there always seems to be some fixing going on in the pool area, as well as nearby buildings. By the way, I know they are in the same building, but I give a sight edge to the GH overall (nicer lobby, restaurants. and rooms).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by MW147
But of course it depends on what floor you are on, the higher the better. And I don't know if it has gotten worse recently. If you have never had a harbour view room before, it's quite the sight. But there is nothing wrong with the garden view, if the noise is bothering you then by all means move over.
The construction, which is never-ending, is worse the lower you are. Try to get a higher floor, or switch to garden view. As MW147 says, the view is nice, and changes with the sun.

Like moondog, I prefer, by a slight margin, the GH, but it's the chase for Marriott nights that tips the scales the other way.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by daloosh
Like moondog, I prefer, by a slight margin, the GH, but it's the chase for Marriott nights that tips the scales the other way.
I ended up booking GH for end of Dec due to the 6000 point Hyatt suite upgrades (rates were roughly equal) because I don't think I'll be getting any upgrades around New Years, but any other time I probably would have opted for here as well just due to status benefits.
daloosh and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
I was there couple weeks ago and had a harbour view on the 39th floor. I didn't hear any construction noise that high up.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:46 am

We recently stayed in the Renaissance Harbour View.
Service and Lounge has been excellent but as mentioned - construction noise can be a subject if someone is sensitive to noise. (We had a room in 31st floor facting the ferry station) Overall we will come back as relaxing time at pool area is a clear plus in a bussy city.

jonisflying likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Staying here in a few weeks, wondering what the opening of the St. Regis across the street has done in terms of occupancy and upgrades? I'm thinking that the people who normally book the suites at the Ren are probably moving to the St. Regis? Is this a totally different crowd? Will they be taking guess more from the JW than the Ren?

Thoughts?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by jonisflying
Staying here in a few weeks, wondering what the opening of the St. Regis across the street has done in terms of occupancy and upgrades? I'm thinking that the people who normally book the suites at the Ren are probably moving to the St. Regis? Is this a totally different crowd? Will they be taking guess more from the JW than the Ren?

Thoughts?
The St. Regis looks pretty sweet, based on the small number of reviews it has received thus far. If you end up staying there, please create a new thread on it (if there isn't one). I'm particularly interested in the quality of the swimming pool (the GH/Ren pool is quite nice).
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Will do. This is my 8th stay at the REN, I dig the hotel and the location can’t be beat!

BTW - I did post a review of this hotel.
Renaissance Hong Kong - GREAT HOTEL!

Last edited by jonisflying; Jun 2, 2019 at 5:41 am Reason: Added link to review
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm booked here next weekend, but I just found out the adjacent convention center is hosting the "27th Annual Baby Expo and Crawling Contest". Do most people attending a convention stay here? I'm imagining screaming babies crawling up and down the hallways. I don't even like polite children very much ; ) Does anyone think this will be an issue? Of course I will ask for a quiet room when checking in. Or maybe I should switch hotels now before it's too late?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by chavala
I'm booked here next weekend, but I just found out the adjacent convention center is hosting the "27th Annual Baby Expo and Crawling Contest". Do most people attending a convention stay here? I'm imagining screaming babies crawling up and down the hallways. I don't even like polite children very much ; ) Does anyone think this will be an issue? Of course I will ask for a quiet room when checking in. Or maybe I should switch hotels now before it's too late?
Flee. Flee. Would you be asking the same question if it was the 27th Annual Pr0n Star Contest? Of course not. You are right to think ahead about this. Each room, either side, opposite, on top, and below you with a +1 cot and a sleepless, agitated baby out of its timezone and expressing itself to the world.
chavala likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Flee. Flee. Would you be asking the same question if it was the 27th Annual Pr0n Star Contest? Of course not. You are right to think ahead about this. Each room, either side, opposite, on top, and below you with a +1 cot and a sleepless, agitated baby out of its timezone and expressing itself to the world.
Let's not even think about what the lounge will look and sound like.
dgreen12, chavala and ftrichard like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I don't have lounge access as a lowly Gold, so I thought as long as my room was quite enough I'd be fine.

But you've convinced me! Moving to the JW. Hoping the price goes down as more people become afraid to travel to HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.