Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood hotels switching from Coke to Pepsi products as a result of Marriott merger

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I did spy Schweppes products in Bangkok Marquis Queen's Park, however without a decent bourbon/whiskey the ginger ale remained in the fridge (Evan Williams? no thanks). The takeaway is that the stock is not solely Pepsi, it's just devoid of Coke, at least there (and I think Westin).
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I did spy Schweppes products in Bangkok Marquis Queen's Park, however without a decent bourbon/whiskey the ginger ale remained in the fridge (Evan Williams? no thanks). The takeaway is that the stock is not solely Pepsi, it's just devoid of Coke, at least there (and I think Westin).
From what I can tell, PepsiCo doesn't have a Ginger Ale/Tonic/Seltzer brand within its portfolio, whereas Coke has Seagrams. I think that most places who have contracts with Pepsi also have supplemental agreements with Dr. Pepper/Seven Up.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lilpisher
From what I can tell, PepsiCo doesn't have a Ginger Ale/Tonic/Seltzer brand within its portfolio, whereas Coke has Seagrams.
Bubly is the new flavored seltzer from PepsiCo FYI
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Just finished three nights at SGS. For regular guests, the hotel has always (well, for many years) stocked the room's refrigerator with the guest's preferences. That hasn't changed, at least not yet. My refrigerator had Coke, San Pellegrino and Asahi, as usual.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Even in the lounge at the Westin Grand München ( Munich ) no more coca cola, fanta, sprite. There is not even bottled water anymore...

Only pepsi, mirinda, 7 up and water out of the machine...
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

Same at the Sheraton Suites in Alexandria, VA. The drinks machine offers Pepsi products and now lacks club soda and ginger ale. It offers plain water.
How can a hotel have a club lounge and no longer offer club soda?
Travelosopher likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Diet Pepsi in particular is disgusting. Only Pepsi products at the bar at the Westin Prince Toronto though Coke products were available at the gift shop.

I think this photo says it all:
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum
Pepsi v Coke

Isn’t Coca Cola #1 and Pepsi #2 worldwide? Just about sums up moving from Starwood to Marriott (although not sure if they were ever #2 with their program).

My travel partners are in a conspicuous race to the bottom (American Airlines being the other one whose suitor ruined the company’s customer service).
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by joanek

I wouldn't call it "folklore...." Coke said no to a large (for the time) loan on favorable terms. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.70b7ddc4849b

Marriott, btw, began as an A&W root beer stand. No caffeine, as befitting the Mormon family.
Love this. In about 2001 I was doing a product pitch and Marriott picked my competitor. So, I picked someone else (Starwood), too. Fast forward to 2018 and I’m with a different company in the same space. They won’t buy this product, either. They own everything else we sell and we dominate the space.

So, when/if they buy this final product from my company, I’ll consider buying from them.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:52 am

This is most distressing for my family. Wife is platinum, I'm gold. Our son works for Coke. Now he'll want us to stay at Hilton.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
This was actually entertaining to see in progress in Atlanta. Where otherwise finding a Pepsi product is a "Where's Waldo" operation.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by SkyForce6
You people who do not like Pepsi can you explain why? I do not understand this hate!
It's too sweet
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
It's too sweet
This.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ask hotel / ambassador to obtain drink of choice (and paying hotel unless they offer) ?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
It's too sweet
Funny but I tend to like Pepsi better because I think coke is too sweet! Just the opposite of 2 other posters. Lucky for me the Pepsi coke thing is not a deal breaker for me - just a preference. But I can relate....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.