Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Spent two nights at the Moxy last week. Pretty decent hotel. Def in an area that will be a great place once the construction is complete and more stores/restaurants are in place. My room was exactly the same as above, along with some similar pics, so will only add a few different pics.

View of the building:

The tankers literally are out the front door of the hotel!

The hotel has its own bikes to use. (forgive me, did not ask how much)

View from the hotel across the courtyard/surroundings. Still working on some finishing touches to a number of buildings.

9th floor conference rooms and common area to work:

Uber was about 10 euro to/from Amsterdam Centraal and roughly 28-32 euro to AMS. So not a terrible price to get into the city and most likely would stay here again unless Renaissance/Marriott are cheaper.
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update & additional pictures. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Chatting w/ a UK friend of mine who recently stayed at the Moxy. He liked it. Said it wasn't typical Marriott. Also liked it because his company's regional office is very close to it.

Cheers.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens sails onto the scene with Land & Sea-inspired Coming Out party, celebrating the brand?s docking in The Netherlands | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"TV personality Koen van Dijk, actress Holly Mae Brood and world-class Dutch DJ La Fuente were among the faces joining Moxy Hotels, Marriott International’s experiential hotel brand, on Thursday when they hosted an irreverently nautical Coming Out Party to celebrate the brand’s entrance to The Netherlands. Inspired by the city’s waterways and the hotel’s dockside location in the regenerated Houthavens area, a former lumber yard and still a working dock, the Moxy Crew lowered the gangplank and hosted around 400 guests who walked the plank and ‘Played On’ #atthemoxy .

The party for Moxy Amsterdam Houthavens brought out the playful character of both Amsterdam and the Moxy brand through a series of Land & Sea-inspired experiences including ‘playrooms’ where guests were encouraged to leave their inhibitions at the door and indulge their rebellious side.

Land truly met sea in the entranceway where guests were invited to hop aboard a boat filled to the brim with Amsterdam’s famous florals. In the ‘Wet and Wild’ adult-only pool party, the area was transformed into a secret satellite bar with Moxy lifeguards serving guests in the pool. Meanwhile, the ‘Into the Woods’ playroom lured guests into a lumberjack-inspired lair through a tunnel of branches and vines revealing a ‘tableau vivant’ immersive performance."

Cheers.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:52 am

I just stayed at Moxy Vienna airport and would agree with what other posters have said. It is a basic hotel (think Aloft, Element) that tries to create a vibe in the common areas, with really basic rooms. No storage, no hooks, no space. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay at a Moxy.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Just checked in and first impressions are rubbish. Got a regular room key (not with the elite sleeve/card) and after check-in was finished I had to ask if there were any platinum benefits. The manager of supervisor showed up and asked me: are you sure you have reserved directly with us and entered your MR membership number? I asked them to give the document -that I've just signed- back to me and I showed them that the number was printed on the paper they gave to me. I've opened the Marriott app to show that I hold platinum premier status with the corresponding number and they then said: welcome. I asked can I get the f&b that should be offered to me and the reception then said: if you insist you can get breakfast for free tomorrow or 500 points. I'm staying for 4 nights so I've asked if I could get the daily f&b credits that I'm entitled to and finally they gave me a voucher.

No welcome drink offered like at the various Moxy's in London. No room upgrade or whatsoever.

Avoid by any chance - front desk looked like they were smelling horse .... when I mentioned the word 'Platinum'.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Titanium at Marriott & Platinum at American (both Lifetime) + various others
I'm wondering if they have settled down/improved over the last year or so - especially for a Titanium
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I stayed at the RI last September (and posted a mini-review: Residence Inn Amsterdam Houthavens [Master Thread]). From the experiences posted here, it sounds like the RI is much better run and (at least to me) they knew my elite status and they essentially upgraded me to the best room in the hotel. ^ I wouldn't have any issues staying at the RI again, but from the posts here, I'm doubtful I'd want to stay on the Moxy side of the house.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Wow just booked a stay with points a couple months ago before reading this - worried.
Any more recent reviews?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Have not stayed there since 2018, and won't be back :P, but it looks like at least there is a somewhat more frequent bus service now to central station, every 10 minutes or so.
I do not know until when it runs though. but this is a huge plus, as before it only ran like once an hour.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Quick review and some points after my two night stay. Was extremely worried given some of the comments and concerns raised here and other review sites. This was a reward stay as I had points I needed rid of.

But overall, I really liked it.

Was welcome as Gold, given Bonvoy sleeve and asked if I wanted late check out. No mention of room upgrade but room was nice (and what is an upgrade in Moxy except better view/higher floor?)
Guy on the desk (manager) was friendly.

Place looked in good shape, as did the room. Coffee maker in the room refilled each day with housekeeping.

Staff friendly, on checkout got a Thanks for being Gold comment which was a suprise.

Pool and gym looked great. Didn't eat or drink so can't comment on the f&b offer.

Uber was €7/10 to Central Amsterdam and there's a bus every 10minutes (number 58) from Central Station to the pier the hotel is on. From there it's a 5minute walk. Bus stops at 12midnight.

Overall would stay here again on a short trip with friends, especially given the cost when booked early compared to other hotels.

Any questions, fire away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.