Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp
The swimming pool is still open to use as always right? That's pretty important for us as we will be there end of april and from what I've understood it could be pretty warm during that time. The pool doesn't look to be that big but nice to have the choice.
Yes, the pool is open.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I was at this property in late November 2018, and the lounge was just a lounge. The only extra cost item were omelettes during breakfast hours. When did they start sharing space with Flint? Which, at the time, was separate from the lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Has anyone checked out the temporary gym facilities? Have they moved all of the machines etc elsewhere or is it limited to just cardio equipment?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:32 am

Can anyone explain the lounge/restaurant situation here now?

Stayed at the JW in 2017 and had a great trip -- the lounge was hands-down the prettiest view of any lounge I have visited. It was on high floor.

Stayed at the Renaissance in 2018 - had a fine trip and lounge is good.

Planning a mini-vacation with my significant other for May and thinking about a stay at the JW...but it looks like the lounge situation has changed?

Worth staying at the Renaissance instead!?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone had any luck with suite night awards getting approved for this property?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Lefleur
Can anyone explain the lounge/restaurant situation here now?

Stayed at the JW in 2017 and had a great trip -- the lounge was hands-down the prettiest view of any lounge I have visited. It was on high floor.

Stayed at the Renaissance in 2018 - had a fine trip and lounge is good.

Planning a mini-vacation with my significant other for May and thinking about a stay at the JW...but it looks like the lounge situation has changed?

Worth staying at the Renaissance instead!?
Lounge is no longer on a high floor and does not have a view of much.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by xkr0p
Has anyone had any luck with suite night awards getting approved for this property?
Yes, I had a 2 night stay upgraded to a city view suite using SNAs a few months back.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by newshound
Has anyone checked out the temporary gym facilities? Have they moved all of the machines etc elsewhere or is it limited to just cardio equipment?
Answering my own question in case anyone is interested...

They have converted a harbour view suite on one of the upper floors into a makeshift gym. Facilities are therefore very limited and really disappointing from a user perspective. There are around 6 cardio machines, a smith rack and a functional fitness area with dumbbells that go all the way up to 10 kg ! :/

I got myself a day pass at a nearby Pure Fitness which is in Fairmont house, a 10 mins sheltered walk away. One day cost for that was HKD 350, so not cheap and not feasible for a longer stay but doable as a one off.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Checked in today and staying for three nights. Totally not a fan of my room, Executive room upgraded from Deluxe. It's renovated but only half through and walls have wallpaper which I think is ew. Bathroom is extremely oldish but with bathtub and shower. Rooms feels small as well. For this rate I'm expecting way better and missing our Deluxe room from Sheraton Towers over at Kowloon.
Lounge felt nice and fresh though. Great food and staff is great. But the rooms are not my cup of tea. A bit like Le Méridien Piccadilly if anyone has stayed there.
Location wise it feels great and the elevator goes right (well almost) to the Mtr level. Awesome. But I'm getting 90ish feelings from Jw Hk so I'm disappointed. Not awful but was expecting more.

Not to self, try the W Hk next time in Hk.

Last edited by joakgarp; Apr 26, 2019 at 8:33 am
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I actually like the rooms more pre-renovation, so you’re not alone. I don’t mind the bathroom as much - it is older but you can tell it is of a certain quality.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not to self, try the W Hk next time in Hk.
Horrible location unless you have business in the ICC.

Most properties involve some sort of compromise. At JW, it's room size. That said, I found everything very comfortable and well laid out. And I'm usually not happy in a small room.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:12 am

Main breakfast at the JW Café is NOT complimentary for Platinum and above elites. Breakfast can only be had in the Executive lounge for free (same floor as jw café).

So at JW Macau we got EVERYTHING for free. Here in JW HK it's a bit different.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Main breakfast at the JW Café is NOT complimentary for Platinum and above elites. Breakfast can only be had in the Executive lounge for free (same floor as jw café).
That's the Marriott standard per T&C - were you somehow surprised?

I don't really like lounge breakfasts, but felt the one here was unusually good.

So at JW Macau we got EVERYTHING for free.
Well yes, but you're in Macau
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's the Marriott standard per T&C - were you somehow surprised?

I don't really like lounge breakfasts, but felt the one here was unusually good.

Well yes, but you're in Macau
Haha true about Macau.
Need to update myself to Marriott's tc better. Oh well, always nice to have these little notes in the hotel threads from fellow travellers.

Pdf summary with perks: https://members.marriott.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MAKHAR18008_TBOP_Microsite_Platinum-Elite_Welcome-Gift_Final2.pdf
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:32 am

Haha true about Macau.
Need to update myself to Marriott's tc better.
Yes, the default at Marriott branded properties that have a lounge will be lounge breakfast (though some of the Asian Marriotts may be more generous and allow a restaurant breakfast as well). Different rule at SPG properties, where you have choice of breakfast as a welcome amenity.
joakgarp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.