Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have an email address for the GM or front desk manager?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by getagb

[email protected]
[email protected],
[email protected]
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
I stayed here in June. Got upgraded to a suite, that had a gorgeous view of the harbor. I also agree that the location of the hotel is great. Free transfer from the airport express to the hotel on the shuttle.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by TomBrady
Free transfer from the airport express to the hotel on the shuttle.
Problem is that the JW is the sixth stop...it can be easily 30 mins on the shuttle...more convenient to the HK station than from HK station.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Prior to my recent stay, the Executive Lounge Officer (generic email address: [email protected]) and the Executive Floor Officer (personalized email address) reached out to me. PM if you want the personalized email address.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:14 pm

Anyone recently stay at renovated JW Marriott in HK?

Was trying to look for reviews with photos and video of the new rooms! Wanted to compare between the renovated JW vs. W Hotel in Kowloon.

TIA!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:50 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Room size is substantially different (W smallest room is 40sqm while JW is 30sqm) Locatoin and ambiance would count more than how recent the refurbishment, ime. Really not comparable choices, each has merit.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 7:52 pm

Yes, hard to tell the actual ambiance of the feel. The JW Marriott prior to the renovation was very dated so I wanted to see if the renovations made it more contemporary and modern.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Stayed at JW Marriott HK last week. Lounge is huge and crowded. No egg station but you can order eggs from your server. Omelettes cost $132 extra.

very happy with upgrade to harbour view suite. after the renovations there are still no USB plugs near the bed. An extension cord was provided.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
Stayed at JW Marriott HK last week. Lounge is huge and crowded. No egg station but you can order eggs from your server. Omelettes cost $132 extra.

very happy with upgrade to harbour view suite. after the renovations there are still no USB plugs near the bed. An extension cord was provided.
I just spent a week there, and was upgraded to a harbor view room in a corner (I'm Platinum Premier). The nightstand had a nice clock that featured two USB ports. The lounge wasn't badly crowded at all, and we visited it every evening, though not necessarily at dinner time, closer to 10pm. Breakfast was lively, but never impossible (we usually ate around 7am).

On the way to the hotel from the HK station, the hotel is one of the last stops (there's one more after it), so it took a bit of a ride to get there, about 25 minutes for us. On the way to the station, though, there's just one stop, so it was a pretty quick trip. The alternative is to walk from HK station to Central station, get on either the Island or Tsuen Wan lines for one station to Admiralty, and walk some more to the hotel, but we weren't feeling like that much walking after a long flight from the US.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
On the way to the hotel from the HK station, the hotel is one of the last stops (there's one more after it), so it took a bit of a ride to get there, about 25 minutes for us. On the way to the station, though, there's just one stop, so it was a pretty quick trip. The alternative is to walk from HK station to Central station, get on either the Island or Tsuen Wan lines for one station to Admiralty, and walk some more to the hotel, but we weren't feeling like that much walking after a long flight from the US.
The best alternative is to take a taxi from Hong Kong station, which will cost about $4 US.
getagb likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Kacee
The best alternative is to take a taxi from Hong Kong station, which will cost about $4 US.
Excellent datapoint.

Do cabs in HK take credit cards, or are they cash-only?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Excellent datapoint.

Do cabs in HK take credit cards, or are they cash-only?

Cash only
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Hong Kong taxis are amazing
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:39 pm

Hong Kong taxis are amazing
Is this a genuine or cheeky comment? Yes they are widely available, but drivers are generally rude and brusque, and the rides are always jerky to the extent that I get motion sickness! No wonder they are fighting tooth and nail to prevent the likes of UBER from getting a foothold - rendered illegal in HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.