Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairfield Inns in Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Fairfield Inns in Asia?

Starting to see some Fairfield Inns, including one that will open in Bali.
In the US these are basically your roach motel equivalents. Wondering what they're like elsewhere (as Courtyard in Asia can be really nice, never in the US)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I wouldn't classify a FFI in the US as a roach motel equivalent. However, the Asian FFIs seem to be nicer.

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Because FFI is a relatively new brand in Asia and many FFIs in Asia are built recently.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Have stayed at the Fairfield in Bali, it is a good value especially when it's off-season for around $50. Prices have been creeping up though, probably was low at first to attract bookings. Services is good, newly built with better than normal bath amenities, and as a Plat I've received the suite on each of my bookings. The breakfast is quite good as well. While the location is not perfect (you can walk to things but not super convenient), it is in a quieter area. There are now small convenience stores next door, and the Alfamart/Indomaret/Circle K are 5 min walk away. Good laundry service adjacent. Very pleasantly surprised by this property.

On the other hand, the Fairfield in Surabaya is more iffy. Still a good value as prices are typically $25-30 but the facilities, breakfast and room warrant the lower price, still nowhere near a roach motel though. The bigger complaint for the Fairfield Surabaya is the location-- a couple of restaurants and such next door, but no convenience stores nearby (maybe have to walk 10-15 min where there's not really a sidewalk), or grab to the mall.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Yep, can confirm re FFI in Bali, I just had a 2 night stay and was pleasantly surprised. New, clean and friendly/helpful staff, pretty good value for $50 usd per night. I'm Titanium and got upgraded from base room to pool side room.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:00 am

This is the picture of Fairfield Inn in Shanghai:

It doesn't look like the Fairfield Inns we're used to see in the States.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Busan has one. It's a business hotel with few amenities and no suites.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tth6133
This is the picture of Fairfield Inn in Shanghai:

It doesn't look like the Fairfield Inns we're used to see in the States.
That looks pretty fancy, but where is it located in Shanghai? In the newish area of Pudong that's close to the former Expo site?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Stayed recently at FFI in Seoul. Breakfast was NOT included, nor available as an amenity to Titanium members as I was told the restaurant is not affiliated with the hotel. Though you could pay for your breakfast as part of your hotel bill
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Just stayed in the FF in Taichung, Taiwan. Breakfast was provided to me as Titanium for my points redeemed room. Room is nice and comparable to Aloft in the region.

Yes not much amenities in the room, but bottled water, instant coffee and tea bags, slippers and toothbrushes were all there. I have my own amenities so have no idea about many amenities was available from front desk upon request.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That looks pretty fancy, but where is it located in Shanghai? In the newish area of Pudong that's close to the former Expo site?
It's actually in Puxi, just outside of the Inner Ring Rd. It's also on Subway line #1 .
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
I have stayed in FFI in Surabaya, and it's definitely not worth its price, whether cash or points. Rooms were very basic. Service was hit & miss. Staff really put an effort to make personalized greeting cards (which was really sweet), but at the same time some severe mistakes were made in other things.

Overall, I would rather stay in a Holiday Inn Express.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
The Fairfield Inn in Seoul says they don't give Tits/Plats free breakfast which is weird... so I called Marriott to complain and they called the hotel and I was told I would get breakfast - but on trip advisor reviews stated the FI in Seoul does not give breakfast, just FYI, and that is what the front desk guy I spoke to over the phone said "because we are a Fairfield in Asia no free breakfast for anyone"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.