Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Shanghai Baoshan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

First Delta hotel opening in Asia. Marriott press release today.

Delta Hotels Celebrates Asia Entry with the Grand Opening of Delta Hotels by Marriott Shanghai Baoshan | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

The building, with its striking Georgian-inspired façade, is strategically located close to downtown Shanghai in the city’s waterfront Baoshan district, at the mouth of the Huangpu River. The hotel is a five-minute drive from the futuristic Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal, which has the capacity to handle 3.6 million cruise passengers every year.

The hotel features 339 elegantly appointed, high-ceilinged guest rooms and suites, each curated to intuitively meet the needs of discerning travelers, featuring 55-inch flatscreen LCD tvs, air purifiers, capsule coffee machines and premium bath amenities.

Dining options at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Shanghai Baoshan range from casual American style at the Lotus All Day Dining Restaurant to grilled steaks at The Kitchen and sophisticated fine dining at TRU, the hotel’s Chinese restaurant which specializes in authentic Cantonese cuisine. Guests can also enjoy freshly baked pastries and refreshing drinks all day at the Lobby Lounge, while the sleek DWB bar is the perfect setting for business or pleasure over signature Delta Hotels cocktails.

Category 2. Has exec lounge open daily according to property website.

Hotel website:

Delta Hotels Shanghai Baoshan: Shanghai Hotels and Resorts

Lobby image:

Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Now this is just what one needs in Shanghai - a 30th Marriott property !
Talk about a place to hotel hop if theres ever another decent bonus run.....

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
First Delta hotel opening in Asia. Marriott press release today.

Delta Hotels Celebrates Asia Entry with the Grand Opening of Delta Hotels by Marriott Shanghai Baoshan Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

The building, with its striking Georgian-inspired façade, is strategically located close to downtown Shanghai in the city’s waterfront Baoshan district, at the mouth of the Huangpu River. The hotel is a five-minute drive from the futuristic Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal, which has the capacity to handle 3.6 million cruise passengers every year.

The hotel features 339 elegantly appointed, high-ceilinged guest rooms and suites, each curated to intuitively meet the needs of discerning travelers, featuring 55-inch flatscreen LCD tvs, air purifiers, capsule coffee machines and premium bath amenities.

Dining options at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Shanghai Baoshan range from casual American style at the Lotus All Day Dining Restaurant to grilled steaks at The Kitchen and sophisticated fine dining at TRU, the hotel’s Chinese restaurant which specializes in authentic Cantonese cuisine. Guests can also enjoy freshly baked pastries and refreshing drinks all day at the Lobby Lounge, while the sleek DWB bar is the perfect setting for business or pleasure over signature Delta Hotels cocktails.

Category 2. Has exec lounge open daily according to property website.

Hotel website:

Delta Hotels Shanghai Baoshan: Shanghai Hotels and Resorts

Lobby image:

Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Booked a room yesterday on the Marriott app and went there to check in but was told foreigners or Chinese citizens with passport issued overseas are not allowed to stay there. If you insist to stay, they said the would need to keep your passport for at least 3 hours while they send it to the local police station to register. I initially agreed that they keep my passport for a few hours but later their POS machine wouldn't charge foreign issued credit cards (MasterCard). This is the most absurd experience I have ever had with a global hotel chain. Those who want to try this hotel should be aware that if you are not comfortable with they holding your passport or don't have another form of payment should avoid this hotel at all costs. Of course, I think Marriott should never let a hotel in their system with this ridiculous situation.

I took off and told them I would not stay there despite having a non refundable rate. They cancelled it from their end so I least was not out of pocket. If we have a Marriott rep here in this forum, please sort this out.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 am

As a newly opened hotel, they not have permission to accept foreigners yet. This happen to me at the CP Wuxi when it first opened. Being walked to the IC made it ok. 😀

Of course this should have been communicated to you if it's the case.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
According to their website, Executive lounge is still non-functional. So doesn't make sense to book it anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.