Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by HWN33
I recently completed a 6 night stay at this property with my wife and son. One consideration for this stay was the availability for my 12 year old son to join us in the lounge as indicated by previous posters. For added peace of mind, I checked with the hotel at the time of the reservation that this would be the case. Here is their email in response to my clarification request:

Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, your son can use a free access to the club lounge.
But you are requested to be accompanied by a guardian.
Thank you.
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo

Reservation Dept. Ms. XXX

However, when I received the check-in email the day before, they indicated that there now would be a charge for my son as there was a new policy in place as of August 1. After a referral back to the email above, they reverted back to their original position in this email:

●LOUNGE ACCESS

After careful consideration with our manager,

we decided that your son is allowed to access the Executive lounge for free this time only.

We ask you to understand and comply with the new regulation of Marriott membership benefits from next time.

For your information, please refer the Marriott website as below,

https://members.marriott.com/benefits/

While I was appreciative of this, I was a bit confused as I don't understand why I would have been subject to a change of policy after they had confirmed something else. Is this a risk that I take when I make a reservation? I had the exact same situation arise the week before at the Courtyard Marriott Taipei - they informed me upon arrival that their lounge policy had changed at the beginning of August.

We enjoyed our stay at this property and found the location to be very good (close to the Shinagawa station). I was not offered any upgrade at this property (MR platinum) nor received any explanation of amenities available to us. I knew of them primarily through this forum.
Ugh. Planning a visit to Tokyo for June and after lots of research, I went with Sakura because Gallery seemed pretty unfriendly regarding kids. Also have a second room with my parents. I sense more research in my future...
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Both the list of amenities available to platinum members and hotel amenities in general.
That's concerning. Marriott has the platinum amenity guarantee, but I believe you're supposed to exercise it during the stay.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
That's concerning. Marriott has the platinum amenity guarantee, but I believe you're supposed to exercise it during the stay.
As recently as late December they had an amenity menu that they presented upon check-in.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:33 am

There certainly was no amenity list provided to me. As for the lounge, I was asked a few times for my room number as I entered despite the fact that one needed a separate card to enter. No issue with that but while I did see groups of guests (families) in the lounge, I have trouble imagining that each group was paying for extra guests in the lounge.

As for my son in the room, the beds are double beds and we were not charged an extra fee. I asked about a roll-away and that was 5940 Yen per night. It is a large room by Japanese standards and was comfortable.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I would definitely recommend walking around the garden if you have some free time.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
There certainly was no amenity list provided to me. As for the lounge, I was asked a few times for my room number as I entered despite the fact that one needed a separate card to enter. No issue with that but while I did see groups of guests (families) in the lounge, I have trouble imagining that each group was paying for extra guests in the lounge.

As for my son in the room, the beds are double beds and we were not charged an extra fee. I asked about a roll-away and that was 5940 Yen per night. It is a large room by Japanese standards and was comfortable.
I booked two room and stayed there with my in-laws and Mrs. Majuki in December. While the in-laws in a separate room had lounge access since I made the reservation they did not get the welcome amenity. What has changed as far as lounge access goes? Family in the same room no longer get complimentary lounge access?

I also liked that the rooms are larger than the typical Tokyo hotel room, and the location near Shinagawa Station is convenient.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:31 am

Does anyone have the email to contact the hotel? I'd like to ask if they allow 3 adults in one room with an extra bed. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:37 am

Is it easier / faster to get to hotel via Narita Express (exit Shinagawa) or the airport limousine bus from Narita?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Is it easier / faster to get to hotel via Narita Express (exit Shinagawa) or the airport limousine bus from Narita?
It depends on how much luggage you have.

If you are travelling light, the Narita Express will be the quickest route. Come out of the Takanawa exit, turn right, walk up the hill and then cross the large main road (or climb and descend the overpass). Keep heading up until you see the hotel entrance.

If not, it is still quicker as the Takanawa exit at Shinagawa Station is also a taxi rank. It will only cost a few hundred yen to get from there to the hotel and there are (small) elevators from the platform to the exit.

Have been caught out getting the Narita Express to Shinagawa though. Was in a hurry at NRT station as I arrived minutes before the train was to leave. Thought I’d get a drink on the platform. Found there were no vending machines at all there and no way to buy a drink on the train. Very unusual to be somewhere for so long with no access to a drink in Japan and I was so dreadfully thirsty (lots to haul around when you have a child with you!)

Last edited by LapLap; Oct 23, 2018 at 4:52 am
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The limousine is dependent on the traffic whereas the Narita Express runs by schedule (typically exact to the minute).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:52 am

Thank you. Am sold on the NEX then.

A final question... has anyone successfully used an SNA here? When contacted the hotel says they only have ONE suite only in the entire hotel... chances are slim that its available for the 5 consecutive nights that Im there...
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Any idea when this hotel can be bookable using a TP certificate ? I have a 5n certificate cat-6 that would like to ( most probably ) use at this hotel.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coljung
Any idea when this hotel can be bookable using a TP certificate ? I have a 5n certificate cat-6 that would like to ( most probably ) use at this hotel.
This is a Marriott hotel. It has been bookable using certificates forever. I have two cert bookings at it on the books.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:58 pm

Does anyone have the email contact for this hotel? Looking to see if they will allow us to have our two young children with us in the room. Want to make sure that it is not a problem. Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by patrick1977
Does anyone have the email contact for this hotel? Looking to see if they will allow us to have our two young children with us in the room. Want to make sure that it is not a problem. Thanks
For reservations, [email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.