Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by dcchi

The hotel is located fairly close by Shinagawa Station, which is a major subway/rail station in Tokyo (something akin to Gare du Nord in Paris). If you are coming in from Narita, you can take the Narita Express directly here. It is simply the stop after Tokyo Station (note: the 12-car NEX train splits in two at Tokyo Station so your 6-car train will journey on towards Shinagawa and beyond).

When you arrive at Shinagawa from the airport, like any major rail terminal, it will be a complete whirlwind. You will want to head towards sign that say "Central Gate". You will need to use your ticket to exit the turnstiles. Once you've exited the turnstile, you will head left towards the West Gate, which is the Takanawa area. To get to the hotel, walk north (i.e., make a right when you get outside onto the street) about the equivalent of a NYC block, cross the major street at the crosswalk (where there is a 7-11, though not a Sevens Bank ATM), and head up the hill about the equivalent of a NYC block and a half. While this part of the walk is uphill, it is only somewhat steep and not overwhelmingly long, so we never really thought it was that hard (even on arrival with large suitcases of luggage to haul ourselves). In total, it will probably take about 8-10 minutes from the subway/rail platform to the hotel entrance.
Exiting the Narita Express yesterday, the nearest (and only posting that I saw) exit was "North Gate". I exited and then walked towards the signs for Takanawa and followed these instructions to get to the hotel.

As a Plat, I was upgraded to a corner room (5131) on the 11th floor. This is a large room with wide view that includes Tokyo Tower.

Beer in the Executive Lounge is canned Asahi, Sapporo and Heineken.

A few tables were available when I entered the lounge for breakfast, but when I left there was a que 8 deep.

The gym opens at 6. I entered at 6:05 and it was half full. Three treadmills and 3 or 4 ellipticals with free weights and other machines. You need to sign your name and room number upon entering.

I don't like this location compared to the Courtyard in Ginza. Once you get two blocks from the station, the activity level really drops off. The hotel itself is great, but I've canceled my reservation for later this week and rebooked at the Courtyard.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Jun 12, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:02 pm

We have reservation booked there with points on my wife's name who is silver. I am gold, do I have to add my name on a reservation to get lounge access?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Great stay at Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo

I stayed here for 7 nights with my wife and 2 kids from 20-27 Dec 2017, as I used Marriott Travel Packages redemption for Avios as well as 7 night cat 8 certificate. The location is very close to Shinagawa station, better than Marriott Tokyo. It makes it very easy to go out as Shinagawa station is a huge station in Tokyo.

We arrived at Prince Sakura Tower via Taxi from Haneda Airport, about 5000 Yen for all 4 of us. We were way too tired to catch the train to Shinagawa and with 2 small kids it is better to take the taxi.

We were given high floor room overlooking the garden. The room is very roomy for Japanese standards and easily fit my 5 year old son and my 2 year old daughter (in a cot). Definitely much bigger than say Marriott Tokyo and other Marriott chain hotels (maybe except Ritz Carlton).

The garden itself is worth visiting as it is beautiful, nested between other Prince Group hotels.

As Marriott Gold we received free breakfast for family of 4 daily in the executive lounge on ground floor. The food is adequate for our needs and I love the Japanese design of the hotel. Having said that during peak hours at around 9am the lounge can get crowded and you have to wait to get in ......

We also received late checkout as Marriott Gold. We left Prince Sakura to Narita Airport by limosine bus, which you can buy from hotel. We were originally thinking of taking NEX from Shinagawa but with 2 small kids and luggages we found the bus far easier as the bus pick up from the front of the hotel.

There are coin operated laundry nearby but takes about 13 minutes walk just behind the Takanawadai Station. To get there you will need to go via the garden and via the foyers of the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa and towards the station. It is called Tajima Coin Laundry in Google Maps it is mainly used by the locals.

We were very happy with the hotel and will not hesitate to stay there again, and recommend it to others. Will stay here again next time I come to Tokyo.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:44 am
alc

Originally Posted by sausuma
We have reservation booked there with points on my wife's name who is silver. I am gold, do I have to add my name on a reservation to get lounge access?
does your wife need the elite qualifying nights toward her status? If not, I would make a reservation under your account and call in to Marriott Rewards team (not reservation) to have her points transfer to yours to complete the reservation (or you can go thru the SPG route and transfer online)

Reason for my suggestion is that before you show up, all the hotel will see is your wife Silver status. You can contact the hotel in advance about your Gold status, but that will only be just a comment added to your booking. When someone just run a "quick" report to process the upgrade and stuff, your reservation will most likely not on the list.

Hope this help.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I wonder if there will be more Prince hotels re-flagged to Marriott brands, as they have several now, both in Japan and elsewhere like Hawaii.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Looks like for the dates I want, there are rooms available on the Prince website but not on Marriott. Anyone know if I will get my Marriott Gold benefits (lounge, points, etc) if I book through Prince?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Looks like for the dates I want, there are rooms available on the Prince website but not on Marriott. Anyone know if I will get my Marriott Gold benefits (lounge, points, etc) if I book through Prince?
Based on other threads I've read, I don't believe so. Some properties (like this one) have split personalities, and only part of the hotel is really Marriott.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've updated the exec lounge sticky.
Based on post #18 , you may want to update it again...
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Anyone have luck getting them to accept two adults and one child (mine is age 7) on an award stay? I can't book online. Will probably call reservations. Thanks!

Last edited by JNelson113; Apr 1, 2018 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by JNelson113
Anyone have luck getting them to accept two adults and one child (mine is age 7) on an award stay? I can't book online. Will probably call reservations. Thanks!
yes. See my post (the one that started this thread...#1)
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by dcchi

yes. See my post (the one that started this thread...#1)
Thank you!
Old May 15, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I am undecided between Westin Tokyo and Prince Sakura Tower. Which is better for Plat? The price for my dates are quite similar (Prince more expensive by 1000 yen only so minimal difference), so I am not sure which to choose from (I have stayed at Westin previously, but not at Prince Sakura Tower - and Westin was fine).

Anyone here can help with views? Westin or Prince Sakura Tower?
Old May 15, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I am undecided between Westin Tokyo and Prince Sakura Tower. Which is better for Plat? The price for my dates are quite similar (Prince more expensive by 1000 yen only so minimal difference), so I am not sure which to choose from (I have stayed at Westin previously, but not at Prince Sakura Tower - and Westin was fine).

Anyone here can help with views? Westin or Prince Sakura Tower?
Hi,

The views from the Sakura tower will generally be of the immediate area ( as it is a relatively low rise hotel for tokyo -12 floors) around Shinagawa. Some rooms will have partial views of the japanese garden area from above( very nice ) in the area between the various Prince hotels ( and very nice to walk through) and a view towards the JR Shinagawa station. Some rooms will have a practically straight on view of Tokyo Tower ( Middle size as it is a few kilometres away) but it does look beautiful at night ( on Saturday between 8 and 10pm the lower part of the tower changes from the traditional orange/white to a diamond veil. You will also see some of the other Prince hotels close by but none of the rooms windows were close to other buildings. When I was on the side opposite Tokyo tower i did not mind the view.

Cannot comment on the Westin as I do not know that area but you will probably not get a view like the Bay view at the Conrad Tokyo.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 15, 2018 at 4:05 pm
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:09 am

Currently in house. Good location, 5 min walk from Shinagawa Station. Beautiful garden accessible from 2F. Not much of an upgrade in terms of room for a Platinum member -- I suppose they consider 10th floor is an upgrade. Room is quite large, well maintained, but dated.

Exec Lounge evening offerings are abysmal. Received a bowl of nicely presented fruits as an amenity. Wifi is horrible, especially for Japan at 2.48mbps download/0.38mbps upload.

Not a horrible stay so far, but I don't think I'd return.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:03 pm

Considering a 5 night stay here vs Marriott Tokyo as Marriott Gold. Both at 160,000 MR points. But Prince rate is about JPY40,000 per night whereas Marriott is 19,000 per night. So intuition tells me I should go for the one with “higher” cash price. Any thoughts which is better in terms of lounge and breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.