Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Venice Mestre - [Master Thread]

Sheraton Venice Mestre - [Master Thread]

Old Dec 1, 17, 4:47 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 91
Sheraton Venice Mestre - [Master Thread]

x-post from Venice forum

Hey guys,
Going to be in Italy and was looking for a low redemption hotel via SPG. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Venice Mestre? It looks really nice. The only problem I see is its location pretty far away from Venice island. How is the transportation around there getting from the hotel to Venice island?
​​​​​​​Thanks
ennsy is offline  
Old Dec 2, 17, 6:44 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Accor PLAT, ex. Priority Pass, Aeroplan Elite
Posts: 3,101
not a Sheraton

Its not a Sheraton..............its Four Points.
I had a 3-night, 2 room reward stay (recommended) and contributed a mini-review at #221 in this thread (which you could have checked, BTW):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...thread-15.html
The bottom line is its closer/nicer than the Sheraton Padua.
If you do take the plunge, I strongly recommend the regional train to/from Santa Lucia. Tickets cost a modest 1.25 Euros, and its much faster than the bus.
Antonio8069 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 17, 1:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YYZish
Posts: 209
We’re well into a year long RTW trip and stayed at Venice Mestre toward the end of November for three nights. We had two rooms, one upgraded to a suite as a Platinum benefit. Breakfast was excellent and well worth giving up our welcome points. They particpate in MAGC.

The Mestre Ospendale station (NOT the main Mestre station) is an easy five minute walk (tops) from the hotel. The trains from Ospendale to Venice proper run frequently and only take 19 minutes. The hotel gave us print outs of the train and bus schedule. Easy peasy. Check out the Trenitalia website at Trenitalia.com

I would definitely stay at the Four Points Mestre for a return visit. We went into Venice each day with ease. But then enjoyed cheaper evening meals and accommodations at the Four Points. We didn’t even have to pay those aggravating City tourist fees.

Oh, and it is right near a shopping mall with a grocery store. Loved the hotel and location!
travelista likes this.

Last edited by NotJustDreaming; Dec 7, 17 at 1:57 pm
NotJustDreaming is offline  
Old Dec 7, 17, 3:32 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,995
Originally Posted by Antonio8069 View Post
The bottom line is its closer/nicer than the Sheraton Padua.
.
Its not a Sheraton..............its Four Points
3544quebec is offline  
Old Dec 8, 17, 4:13 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Programs: Etihad Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Posts: 45
Stayed there for a night, as we had to make some last minute changes to our trip to Germany, and it was great value! Simple walk to the train station and you basically take the train until it ends. We arrived well before normal check-in, and Simon at the front desk was very accommodating. He immediately gave us train times and maps as we had to wait about 20 minutes for our room to be ready (around 9:30am.) Transit time to Marco Polo airport was about 20 minutes as well. If you're willing to spend much more and stay right in the heart of Venice, then by all means choose a different option...
MusicMan216 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 17, 6:55 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 232
I've stayed at this property, but it didn't seem like it was finished yet when I did, the lobby was unfinished and the restaurant wasn't open yet. The rooms are comfortable enough and the location is acceptable.
supergabe is offline  
Old Feb 3, 18, 12:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 978
Would anyone know how this compares to the Hilton Garden Inn Mestre - both are similarly priced. Thanks
puchong is offline  
Old Feb 3, 18, 4:36 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Accor PLAT, ex. Priority Pass, Aeroplan Elite
Posts: 3,101
more details & queries

Originally Posted by supergabe View Post
I've stayed at this property, but it didn't seem like it was finished yet when I did, the lobby was unfinished and the restaurant wasn't open yet. The rooms are comfortable enough and the location is acceptable.
Trust me. Its finished. The rest is in the basement. I know this because we had a reward stay in August.
How does it compare to the Hilton? Really depends on what status you have (if any?). Hilton (as distinct from Hampton) does not comp breakfast so you need to have status to get it comp'd (its very nice BTW).
Also, is the Hilton walking distance to the train? This property is.
Bottom line - if you don't have SPG status, I suggest you book the rate which incl. prepaid breakfast. The Hilton's rate for sample dates (Mar 9 -14) are comparable i.e. really comes down to location!
Antonio8069 is offline  
Old Feb 3, 18, 1:42 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 978
Originally Posted by Antonio8069 View Post
...Bottom line - if you don't have SPG status, I suggest you book the rate which incl. prepaid breakfast. The Hilton's rate for sample dates (Mar 9 -14) are comparable i.e. really comes down to location!
I am both a HH Diamond as well as a SPG Platinum, hence breakfast, so long as it is reasonable, is not an issue. Easy access to the tourist bits of Venice is the principal criterion for me - hence the question, which option is better?
puchong is offline  
Old Jul 9, 18, 6:27 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: SPG Plat (LTP), Delta Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, MSC BC, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Posts: 294
Quick, comfortable stay

Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming View Post
We’re well into a year long RTW trip and stayed at Venice Mestre toward the end of November for three nights. We had two rooms, one upgraded to a suite as a Platinum benefit. Breakfast was excellent and well worth giving up our welcome points. They particpate in MAGC.

The Mestre Ospendale station (NOT the main Mestre station) is an easy five minute walk (tops) from the hotel. The trains from Ospendale to Venice proper run frequently and only take 19 minutes. The hotel gave us print outs of the train and bus schedule. Easy peasy. Check out the Trenitalia website at Trenitalia.com

I would definitely stay at the Four Points Mestre for a return visit. We went into Venice each day with ease. But then enjoyed cheaper evening meals and accommodations at the Four Points. We didn’t even have to pay those aggravating City tourist fees.

Oh, and it is right near a shopping mall with a grocery store. Loved the hotel and location!
Notjustdreaming's review is spot on.

We just returned also from a 3-night stay. Having been to Venice before, we were not planning on spending much time there but rather exploring more of Veneto & Friuili Venezia-Guilia.
I had emailed the hotel ahead of our trip, to inform them of an early arrival due to aircraft changes (thanks Air France strike), stay for our anniversary, and to ask about the parking situation. (And maybe a nudge w my email signature that I'm SPG Lifetime Platinum.)
They had kindly upgraded us to a "Deluxe Room" on the 7th SPG floor - I think there's 9 floors. Also we chose the Plat Breakfast option, which was a decent buffet, and they had a nice note card congratulating us on our anniversary w a bottle of red wine in the room.
I asked about Suite upgrades, but the FDA stated that they suite wasn't available all 3 nights. (I believe i saw on their website they have 8 suites.). So of course, I checked the app once we got in the room and they had a few suites available to book - BUT... we weren't planning on spending much time at the hotel anyways, so I just let it go. - - Also the deluxe room was very comfortable, large enough and the AC worked great! Fridge in the room too.
We also rented a car - and parking was very easy. Sure you could pay $10/day for parking, but we just left ours outside and never had any issues. (Plus I paid extra Super Insurance w Hertz, so i figured if something happened i was covered anyways.)
Michela was friendly at check-in, and Nicola was extremely friendly at 3:30am check-out.
The hotel was perfect for our purposes, would gladly stay here again.
Ve Mestre Ospedale train station is truly 5min walk away.
Auchan grocery store and a mall is the same - 5min away.
And a great pizza place close by too - Rossopomoro.
Service was friendly in the hotel bar, we had a drink - but I didn't find too much food-wise I was tempted w on the menu. We ate off-site, and then enjoyed our own bottle of wine in the courtyard area.
Also we used points - 3,000 pts for 2 of the nights and 4,000 for a Thurs night stay.
travelista is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: