Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by WasKnown
I was hesitant to stay at this hotel given the foreclosure rumors and lukewarm reviews. However, the EDITION is pretty cheap compared to the Waldorf and Peninsula, so I really couldn’t resist trying.

I booked the standard room and got upgraded to a Loft with a Terrace. I asked for a suite (which is 1 category above the Loft Terrace) but they said it wasn’t available. Didn’t bother to check to see if it was truthful (I doubt it though). Honestly, I’m satisfied with this given it was a 4 category upgrade. No complimentary breakfast (as expected at EDITIONS) so people that demand their complimentary hotel starch and salt should look elsewhere. I booked the AAA rate (which was like $50/night cheaper than standard) so no preferred agent breakfast either.

Rooms are nice. However, I doubt this loft terrace room will age well. Wood panels scratch very easily. Feels kind of cheap. The public spaces (especially the lobby with its triple height ceilings) are pretty lit these days. Service was fine but a step below the WA Beverly Hills. Some of the FDAs seem to have an attitude. I watched one sigh loudly in response to someone but I’m not sure over what. They seem fine if you’re pleasant to them but I get the feeling they will judge you based off on your appearance. I think that plays a role in getting suite upgrades as well (rip me).

Overall, I still prefer the WA Beverly Hills (and the Peninsula Beverly Hills) to this. The EDITION was cheap but I prefer being closer to Rodeo Drive and really appreciate the superior service at the WA (despite the 1-category upgrade limit).
Is the nightclub open?

Also, looks like the loan was refi’d. Marriott needs these Edition hotels to work, I doubt they let any of them truly close without some assistance

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thereal...ion-hotel/amp/
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Anyone know if the pool still needs reservations? I’m debating between the EDITION and the SLS - mainly want the hotel with the best pool.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Anyone know if the pool still needs reservations? I’m debating between the EDITION and the SLS - mainly want the hotel with the best pool.
The pool is the best thing about the SLS, if it’s between the two I would choose the EDITION, the lack of really any elite benefits aside.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Answering my own question: I called the EDITION and the pool is now first-come first-served. Reservations no longer required - and hotel guests only - they currently aren’t selling passes to the public.
pazza2000 and m.y like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Answering my own question: I called the EDITION and the pool is now first-come first-served. Reservations no longer required - and hotel guests only - they currently aren’t selling passes to the public.
Great news, albeit that’s how it should have been in the first place.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by pazza2000
The pool is the best thing about the SLS, if it’s between the two I would choose the EDITION, the lack of really any elite benefits aside.
Are the pools at both SLS and Edition heated?

From the pictures it seems like you can do laps at the Edition, but the pool at SLS is a bit short. Am I correct?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Chriscross

From the pictures it seems like you can do laps at the Edition, but the pool at SLS is a bit short. Am I correct?
SLS is, albeit shallow and short! Have no idea re. the EDITION
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I recently completed a 1 night stay here. We booked the “Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King” but upon checkin we were offered an upgrade to the “Deluxe Terrace” or the “Loft”. I think the “Loft” would have been a little more luxurious, but we love a terrace so opted for that. The check in was quick and efficient. The room was great. Very clean and simple looking, very comfortable bed. We loved the separated shower and toilet rooms as well as all the toiletry products.

We spent one evening at the pool which was fantastic. The lounge chairs looked new, had two towels covering the length of the chair, and a third towel was there for drying after the pool. Someone quickly came over and offered us food and drink. We ordered the guacamole- it was one of the best I’ve ever had. I also had a cocktail which was delicious. The team at the pool took great care of us.

As far as elite benefits, the room upgrade and late checkout were the only ones offered.

I’d stay here again in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Chriscross

The pool here was heated. It was a bit short for laps, but they were doable.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
We stayed there one night this weekend for a little "staycation" to celebrate my wife's birthday. I have to say, it was one of our most wonderful, memorable hotel stays in many years. I'm a stickler for guest service, especially at a property that wraps itself in the "luxury" flag. Having never stayed at an EDITION before, I was a little skeptical that it would be just a gussied-up W or Andaz, that is to say all pretentiousness with no substance. Boy, was I wrong! The all-white room decor did take a little getting used to (and was blindingly bright in the early afternoon sun), but the furnishings were both comfortable and usable. My wife spent a few hours at the spa where she had the best massage of her life, while I went up to the rooftop bar for a couple of cocktails expertly prepared by a very outgoing bartender. We had an incredibly good dinner at Ardor restaurant, which again I was skeptical about because the website kind of makes it sound like a place where the only thing luxurious about it is the bill at the end of the night (but in reality the decor, ambiance, service, and food were all perfectly-executed). And then we took advantage of the hotel guest VIP line to get into their Sunset nightclub, and had a great time there as well. Room service breakfast the next morning was delicious, and then we were on our way back to reality.

If all EDITION hotels are as good as this one, I can't wait to experience more of them.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
We stayed there one night this weekend for a little "staycation" to celebrate my wife's birthday. I have to say, it was one of our most wonderful, memorable hotel stays in many years. I'm a stickler for guest service, especially at a property that wraps itself in the "luxury" flag. Having never stayed at an EDITION before, I was a little skeptical that it would be just a gussied-up W or Andaz, that is to say all pretentiousness with no substance. Boy, was I wrong! The all-white room decor did take a little getting used to (and was blindingly bright in the early afternoon sun), but the furnishings were both comfortable and usable. My wife spent a few hours at the spa where she had the best massage of her life, while I went up to the rooftop bar for a couple of cocktails expertly prepared by a very outgoing bartender. We had an incredibly good dinner at Ardor restaurant, which again I was skeptical about because the website kind of makes it sound like a place where the only thing luxurious about it is the bill at the end of the night (but in reality the decor, ambiance, service, and food were all perfectly-executed). And then we took advantage of the hotel guest VIP line to get into their Sunset nightclub, and had a great time there as well. Room service breakfast the next morning was delicious, and then we were on our way back to reality.

If all EDITION hotels are as good as this one, I can't wait to experience more of them.
Reminds me of my stay in January 2020, right before the pandemic. Its a great hotel if you like stuff like the spa, rooftop bar and pool, the nightclub, and the service I remember was very good.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Bodrum and Barcelona EDITIONs are superb as well !
Old Jul 27, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Looking at staying here in September. Does anyone have recommendations for parking nearby? Happy to pay the $60 a night valet parking if there aren’t any, but thought it was worth exploring alternatives. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Looking at staying here in September. Does anyone have recommendations for parking nearby? Happy to pay the $60 a night valet parking if there aren’t any, but thought it was worth exploring alternatives. Thanks.
There are a a handful within 3-5 blocks around the hotel. The one on Sunset is 3 blocks west of the hotel, and the others are just off Sunset. I don't recall the prices sorry.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 7:21 pm

Premier Terrace Suite (upgraded two levels from “Superior Suite”)

My status wasn’t recognized at check in, but the fact that I am a repeat guest was!

seanp7 and DallasEsq like this.

Last edited by Adelphos; Nov 11, 2023 at 7:29 pm
Old Nov 11, 2023, 9:49 pm

Lobby bar, roof just as active as I remember from 2019. I think we are skipping Sunset tonight, still on east coast time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.