Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I stayed here for 2 nights 3 days on Thanksgiving weekend and as my first "Edition" experience I was pleasantly surprised. I booked a Standard King and was upgraded to a Loft Room (no terrace) and outside of the normal Ambassador recognition (e.g. breakfast, suite upgrade and etc.) as well as other minor things (Green Choice) the hotel was delightful. The rooftop pool was amazing and heated (warm enough to swim in November). The staff were friendly but at times "slow" (e.g. It took me 10 minutes to get the server to bring the menu as well as another 10-15 minutes to get my check for the bill - I guess I'm used to the NYC pace).

The Le Labo toiletries are amazing!!
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:44 am

Anyone stayed at both this one and the Andaz? Cannot really decide for my next stay in LA this April - and never stayed in the area, only downtown before.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Saturday night in the lobby

Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Sunset nightclub - as hotel guests we were given entrance, the door seems pretty tight. I have been impressed with the fact that Edition hotels worldwide seem to give priority to hotel guests at the nightclubs

Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:11 am

Chaotic scenes going back through the lobby and up to the room at around 12:30 AM - crowd control could be improved

Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Already organizing events

Swizz Beatz and The Dean Collection invite you to Deluxx Fluxx — an immersive experience from artist duo Faile happening during Frieze Los Angeles, with Swizz Beatz spinning live. As a Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card Member, you can purchase up to four tickets to this exclusive event, complete with drinks and bites. It will fill up fast, so buy your tickets now while supplies last.
Purchase tickets

Note: Card Members must present their Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card upon check-in,
and all guests must be 21 years of age or older.

Purchase tickets What Deluxx Fluxx by Faile during Frieze Los Angeles — purchase up to four tickets at $30 each Where The West Hollywood Edition When February 15 at 7 p.m. Dress code Party chic

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/857062...-edition-hotel
Event details
What Deluxx Fluxx by Faile during Frieze Los Angeles — purchase up to four tickets at $30 each
Where The West Hollywood Edition
When February 15 at 7 p.m.
Dress code Party chic
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:22 am

Huge gym. Two peloton bikes, full set of dumbbells and kettlebells. A few things you usually don’t see like a barre bar, concept 2 rower, Smith machine.

Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Anyone stayed at both this one and the Andaz? Cannot really decide for my next stay in LA this April - and never stayed in the area, only downtown before.
Haven't been to the WeHo EDITION yet but I've stayed at the Andaz multiple times. Andaz is just okay. Wouldn't say it's top luxury but there's an awesome pool party/day club across the street from it.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
It’s funny, I stayed at the Andaz the night before my Edition stay. I will post a full review of each hotel in each thread. The Andaz is obviously an older property with less flash, but it is still comfortable. Service was generally good The highlight is the pool and roof bar, which has good views of the hills and gets a good crowd. I booked a standard room for 20,000 points; the room was decent sized and with some unique touches (free minibar outside of alcohol, etc), but standard otherwise. No real room service when we needed it. The takeaway market was fine for breakfast, Riot Bar seemed OK as well, but nothing too special. Andaz seems like a nice hotel for a pool day, and a good option for Hyatt loyalists that want to redeem points, get a suite upgrade and such, but I wouldn’t recommend people go out of their way to go to the hotel.

Edition is significantly fancier and obviously new. The standard room at 60,000 points was small, but technologically equipped with all we really needed for a short stay. Minibar and toiletries excel, like all Edition hotels. Outside of 2 PM checkout and 500 points, no real elite benefits to speak of given it was Grammy weekend. Service was exceptional throughout the stay. The highlight is the bars and restaurants, just like most Editions. If you stay here make sure you have high tolerance for young West Hollywood types in the lobby and around the hotel at all time. I would stay here again
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The EDITION West Hollywood is offering a third night free combinable with all STARS benefits through April 20th of 2021.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I recently stayed at the Edition West Hollywood (October 2020) over a week-end.

I really like the interior design and architecture of the hotel.

Check-in early was available, I guess it is one of the positive points of Covid as the hotel was far from busy.

The standard room itself is minimalist, the bathroom is very nice (large rainshower, separate toilet).

I did not make use of the amenities: gym was closed, pool had to booked in advance (and only 2 hours at a time). The restaurant was full for lunch and dinner --- perhaps due to the week-end.

I would like to stay there again and try some of the amenities.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 5:19 am

Any recent reviews? I’m guessing as an elite, to not expect anything, and anything in terms of an upgrade are a bonus? Andaz has been my go to if in that part of town, the pool there was the pull factor that the Mondrian etc couldn’t compete with imo, however the EDITION looks like it could give it a run for its money, and a I have a C7 travel package to burn which looks like good value here. If only EDITIONS offered breakfast to elites...
Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:41 pm

When are you going? It's hard to imagine scenes like I posted in this thread in January 2020 occurring at any hotel at the moment. That night at Sunset was the last "nightclub" I went to
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
When are you going? It's hard to imagine scenes like I posted in this thread in January 2020 occurring at any hotel at the moment. That night at Sunset was the last "nightclub" I went to
Aug-Sept, not looking for nightlife per se, more of a comparison to the Andaz if familiar with both, and a review of elite treatment (if any)
Old May 18, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Curious if anyone has stayed recently. The "what to expect" site still shows gym as closed, even though all the other Marriott properties in LA county seem to be open, as does the Andaz. Trying to decide whether it's worth keeping a 50k cert one night stay there Memorial Day weekend.
ryandc99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.