Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tismfu
Totally agree that expectations should be in check for a new property. But I do believe we were not given the room we booked and paid for (reservation email confirmation shows City View and it was pricier than Hollywood Hills view). It could be a system issue, sure, where they are working out kinks with regard to proper descriptions. I took it up with the hotel directly prior to posting and we have been promised to be moved at some point today and they will refund the difference for first night.
Agree 100%. A 2nd floor room overlooking Sunset Boulevard is not a “city view.” With the exception of perhaps a corner room/suite, you are on the wrong side of the building to see either downtown or Century City — from any floor.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Apart from the room issue, thoughts on hotel and the room/restaurants/amenities etc?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
It’s a beautiful property. Plenty of staff given how few rooms / floors are actually open. Room service last night was prompt and well done.

Gym is incredible for any hotel, and in some regards better than the WeHo Equinox down the street (far less crowded). I am not sure if the hotel gym will be shared with the residences, but if so, may explain why it’s so well equipped.

Lobby bar has a great aesthetic but we haven’t had a drink there. Rooftop pool is wonderfully quiet (for now) with plenty of empty chaises mid-day yesterday (Saturday). We are not sun people, but if you are, now is a good time to enjoy the pool before I’m sure it becomes crowded as more floors open and occupancy goes up. Rooftop bar / lounge not yet open but looks amazing.

We were moved to a City View room with terrace. So much better. No longer do we feel “on display” and the noise level is far lower.

I think the hotel marketing folks have some tweaking to do of room descriptions. From my casual observations of the hotel exterior, and from experience now in two rooms, there are three outdoor “interface” options for standard / deluxe rooms.
  • Sliding glass windows with “French balcony” (hotel management used that term with me when I explained the Deluxe King with City View was described as having a balcony and not sliding glass windows as in Standard rooms). To my knowledge they have yet to use the “French balcony” term on their website to help customers make an informed decision when booking.
  • Enclosed balcony with sliding glass doors - appears to be on higher levels - but a true outdoor space separate from room.
  • Terrace balcony with more exposure (picture included in this post).

Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by tismfu
It’s a beautiful property. Plenty of staff given how few rooms / floors are actually open. Room service last night was prompt and well done.

Gym is incredible for any hotel, and in some regards better than the WeHo Equinox down the street (far less crowded). I am not sure if the hotel gym will be shared with the residences, but if so, may explain why it’s so well equipped.

Lobby bar has a great aesthetic but we haven’t had a drink there. Rooftop pool is wonderfully quiet (for now) with plenty of empty chaises mid-day yesterday (Saturday). We are not sun people, but if you are, now is a good time to enjoy the pool before I’m sure it becomes crowded as more floors open and occupancy goes up. Rooftop bar / lounge not yet open but looks amazing.

We were moved to a City View room with terrace. So much better. No longer do we feel “on display” and the noise level is far lower.

I think the hotel marketing folks have some tweaking to do of room descriptions. From my casual observations of the hotel exterior, and from experience now in two rooms, there are three outdoor “interface” options for standard / deluxe rooms.
  • Sliding glass windows with “French balcony” (hotel management used that term with me when I explained the Deluxe King with City View was described as having a balcony and not sliding glass windows as in Standard rooms). To my knowledge they have yet to use the “French balcony” term on their website to help customers make an informed decision when booking.
  • Enclosed balcony with sliding glass doors - appears to be on higher levels - but a true outdoor space separate from room.
  • Terrace balcony with more exposure (picture included in this post).

Slightly off topic, but....you can see my balcony from your balcony.

They didn't give you the best city view that they could have, but at least you got a view of the slums of Beverly Hills. The picture is too grainy to see well, but you may have a view of the Four Seasons from your balcony, too.

The gym looks lovely! I may have to think about a staycation here.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
At least the rooms look spacious and not like those tiny boxes of the Times Square Edition.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:36 am

Yes, the rooms are quite spacious and bright. There’s a motion sensor which automatically turns on lights when you get up to go to bathroom at night.

Patio doors and windows are really nice quality. The louvered window screens in some rooms are slick. You can slide them open for more light.

Minor quibble:
Doors slam shut with quite a noise and depending on your neighbors’ awake hours, coming / going frequency, it can be a little disruptive if you’re a light sleeper.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Starwood Gold
Just curious how you stayed there as I am trying to book a room for the weekend of Sept 20th and the website isn’t taking reservations til October. I’d love to stay somehow!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by paulj2k
Just curious how you stayed there as I am trying to book a room for the weekend of Sept 20th and the website isn’t taking reservations til October. I’d love to stay somehow!
Not sure if they’re simply full or realizing they need more time to get things ready to go for prime time. We made our booking on August 7th via Marriott.com.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Any further updates since?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
+1 - it would be nice to know if any other individuals had experience here since I'm contemplating on either booking Edition of the W West Hollywood for 2 nights / 3 day stay here over Thanksgiving weekend
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The hotel definitely looks like it is open (pre-opening?). Cars driving in and out and many rooms where the light is on.

Re.: "W West Hollywood"
There are 2 W hotels, one in Westwood and the other one in Hollywood.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...alifornia.html

Last edited by UASPG; Oct 28, 2019 at 8:21 pm
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Well, I did manage to stay here about 2 weeks ago.. Booked a superior suite and got upgraded to a premium suite.. While the room was large, It was on the 3rd floor and corner overlooking the side street... Not much of a view... Was told the suites were situated throughout the hotel, and some of the superior and premium suites have views and some don't.. just the luck of the draw.. Asked to see if they have a different suite with a view, but was told they were fully occupied that night and they were not able to move me.. The room is also very white.. Everything was light colored.. While its great when it's new, I'm not sure how they will be able to keep it from getting dirty and just getting worn from regular wear and tear....

Service is really fantastic, with the staff really pro-active and friendly... Tried the restaurant and the rooftop bar, and the service was very good.. The menus were still being tested, and some dishes were outstanding, but some were just alright.. Needs a bit more tweaking...

I think if I stay here again, should make sure that I get a room with a view... while the premium suite was big, a lot of the space was was a bit wasted..
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:40 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by UASPG
The hotel definitely looks like it is open (pre-opening?). Cars driving in and out and many rooms where the light is on.

Re.: "W West Hollywood"
There are 2 W hotels, one in Westwood and the other one in Hollywood.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...alifornia.html
I'm confused by your post. This thread that you started, and the TA link you attached, is for The Edition in Weho. What do the two W hotels have to do with it?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by JBD
I'm confused by your post. This thread that you started, and the TA link you attached, is for The Edition in Weho. What do the two W hotels have to do with it?
I was just trying clarify a point of this post:

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
+1 - it would be nice to know if any other individuals had experience here since I'm contemplating on either booking Edition of the W West Hollywood for 2 nights / 3 day stay here over Thanksgiving weekend
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:05 pm

We completed a stay two weeks ago just before their grand opening and had a great time. Upgraded to a premier suite (we were staying on points) with good views and we were able to get into our room at 11am without any issue. The service was very good and efficient throughout the stay, except for our first day at the pool where they were severely understaffed and we waited for more than an hour for our drinks. The manager did come over to apologize and comped two rounds of drinks and snacks. Service on the second and third days were much better. Speaking of the pool, it was done beautifully and surprisingly not crowded at all (same with the rooftop bar next door). Our biggest issue was the quality of finishes in the room. It’s the typical minimalist Edition design, but the quality felt a few notches down from the other few Editions we have stayed at. The floor scratched easily, cabinet doors felt flimsy, and wooden surfaces felt plastic-y (very IKEA). I think this hotel definitely won’t age well without significant maintenance and I’ll be curious to see how it feels in 24 months.

Pool

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.