FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Renaissance Hotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1876972-renaissance-hotel-amsterdam-schiphol-airport-master-thread.html)

cbellero Oct 16, 2018 9:32 pm

I am currently staying here and was upgraded from the cheapest room to a corner suite.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ab620dc562.jpg
Dinner for Six?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ffe3bb8efc.jpg
Whirlpool Bathtub

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c2c49970a6.jpg
Walk-in Shower

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9b390b4a21.jpg
Living Room Area

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b91f61630c.jpg
Sunset View from the Room (River and Airport)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7bee854bc6.jpg
Shuttle Schedule - First Come, First Served

Additional Comments
1. I also noticed a strange collection of toiletries - all bottles are body lotion or conditioner.
2. Request for toiletries through the app do not seem to be noticed.
3. They do offer mobile key.
4. They do not seem to participate in "Make a Green Choice". I asked at the reception and was told that they were a new hotel and not yet set up for that. I do not know if that means they will definitely participate in the future.
5. The room service tray charge is EUR 9.50, which I find a bit exorbitant.
6. Breakfast is from 6:30-10:30 - I would expect an airport hotel so "distant" (times wise using shuttle) from the airport to start breakfast earlier
7. I was offered 1000 points or a $5 F&B credit as a platinum amenity.
8. Further I was offered 750 points daily or continental breakfast vouchers for each day..
9. I found the restaurant food to be reasonable, but would not want to have to choose from that menu only during a longer stay. The bar, restaurant and room service all had essentially the same menu.
10. I will try to walk over to the business park. I saw a sports bar and some other possibly other hotel-affiliated locations there.
11. The room has a water kettle and a Nespresso machine.
12. The mini-bar is not stocked, but contains two seemingly complimentary plastic bottles of water.
13. For those who are tracking religious books in hotel rooms - there is a New Testament and a Book of Mormons in the desk drawer.
14. While opening the drawers and cupboards for this post, I also realised that there were a lot of corners with sawdust. The room could use a round of initial, comprehensive cleaning to get rid of this. Otherwise the bathroom, etc. looked perfectly clean to me.
15. There is no telephone at the desk.
16. There are no slippers in the room.
17. I love the bathtub - it also has lights that rotate through different colors of the spectrum. It made for a relaxing winding down in the evening.

northernstar84 Nov 3, 2018 3:11 am

I m there right now. Booked a rate for 67 euro. Upgrade to whirlool suite, like the poster above.

Breakfast: you get a voucher for continental breakfast. UPCHARGE TO FULL hot breakfast 5 EUR.

btw i m platinum premier

JamboAddick Nov 3, 2018 5:37 am

I stayed here about 3 weeks ago and found the property to be very modern and nice; the staff was also quite good. BUT it is one of the furthest and most inconvenient hotels at Schiphol and because I had just missed the relatively infrequent and hard to find shuttles, the taxi ride (due to some road detours) was over 40 Euros - something I had not realized beforehand.

krazykanuck Nov 27, 2018 3:12 am

Originally Posted by cbellero (Post 30323416)
Additional Comments
1. I also noticed a strange collection of toiletries - all bottles are body lotion or conditioner.
7. I was offered 1000 points or a $5 F&B credit as a platinum amenity.
8. Further I was offered 750 points daily or continental breakfast vouchers for each day

So I just had a 1 night stay last night, it's a nice property. Was told I was upgraded to a deluxe corner room from the standard room I booked about 8 hrs earlier for 77 eur. Just my 2 cents, when I checked in their system had me listed as a Gold, but the woman at the desk updated it to Platinum when I showed her my card in the app. They offered me 1000 points or a $10 F&B credit (which converted to 8.5 eur on the folio) as a Plat. I took the breakfast in lieu of the points and was informed 5 eur upcharge to full buffet which I declined, the continental was sufficient. Pretty nice spread for a continental breakfast, IMO. Also there were no physical vouchers given. The host stand had a list of eligible guests they were checking off. Housekeeping seems to be learning, my 4 bottles of toiletries were correct, having 1 of each.

I got lucky with the hotel shuttle last night catching it with about 2 minutes before departure and would agree it's a bit tough to see the signs in the dark. The hotel instructions to look for the C15 shuttle stop (or whatever it is) are not super helpful as that sign seems to only point one direction, so if you approach it from the other side of the baggage hall, you may not see it. I just saw a black Mercedes van with a big R on the rear door. Shuttle back to the airport this morning took about 11 minutes door to door. The shuttle seats about 18 people, so unless you're trying to catch it at a really high demand time, I doubt getting a seat would be an issue.

northernstar84 Nov 27, 2018 4:54 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 30470865)
So I just had a 1 night stay last night, it's a nice property. Was told I was upgraded to a deluxe corner room from the standard room I booked about 8 hrs earlier for 77 eur. Just my 2 cents, when I checked in their system had me listed as a Gold, but the woman at the desk updated it to Platinum when I showed her my card in the app. They offered me 1000 points or a $10 F&B credit (which converted to 8.5 eur on the folio) as a Plat. I took the breakfast in lieu of the points and was informed 5 eur upcharge to full buffet which I declined, the continental was sufficient. Pretty nice spread for a continental breakfast, IMO. Also there were no physical vouchers given. The host stand had a list of eligible guests they were checking off. Housekeeping seems to be learning, my 4 bottles of toiletries were correct, having 1 of each.

I got lucky with the hotel shuttle last night catching it with about 2 minutes before departure and would agree it's a bit tough to see the signs in the dark. The hotel instructions to look for the C15 shuttle stop (or whatever it is) are not super helpful as that sign seems to only point one direction, so if you approach it from the other side of the baggage hall, you may not see it. I just saw a black Mercedes van with a big R on the rear door. Shuttle back to the airport this morning took about 11 minutes door to door. The shuttle seats about 18 people, so unless you're trying to catch it at a really high demand time, I doubt getting a seat would be an issue.

Can you use the 10$ F+B Credit toward the 5 EUR full breakfast upcharge?
I didnt think the breakfast is something special.

thomas199023 Mar 22, 2019 3:05 am

Stayed here last week. Nice new hotel. No upgrade as a Platinum in a twin room. But I believe they do not have any twin rooms in a higher category than superior.

Checkin was very slow, there was a line and only one person working the desk. This was at 5pm. Then after checking in, the room key did not work, so had to go down again, and wait in a long line again. Eventually it was cleared up that the check in associate wrote the wrong number on the keycard. Hence the check in time took almost 25 minutes. Not acceptable for an airport property.

Room was fine and clean, still had that new room feeling. The restaurant at the hotel was pretty good, but a bit pricey. Nothing else in the vicinity though.

I do have to add that at the moment they are re-doing the roads around the hotel, and are working on it 24/h a day, so it was quite a mess actually getting to the hotel by car, as this involved talking to many traffic wardens, driving over closed roads etc. This construction was not mentioned on the Marriott website. I know it is out of their control, but this kind of construction is planned months, if not years ahead in the Netherlands, so the hotel must have known about it.

All in all, the hotel was fine for a quick overnight, but has room to improve.

airoli Mar 22, 2019 6:25 am

Had a very quick overnight stay here recently as well. Did not use any services other than the room itself, so can't comment on them.

The shuttle bus from AMS runs every 40min from stop C13, which lacks any signage to that effect. I had to call the hotel to find out about where and when to wait. It took about 20min to the hotel with evening traffic. At 6am the next morning, only 11min to get back to the airport.

Check-in was a breeze and the agent offered both 1000 Titanium welcome points and an extra 750 points when I mentioned that I wouldn't have time for the breakfast included in my rate. The points posted quickly.

I got a standard king room which had nice modern decor and was otherwise completely unremarkable.

For €90, I'd stay again. Sheraton or Hilton AMS would have been much more convenient but were 3x the price.

SkiAdcock Mar 22, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for the trip reports. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

thomas199023 Apr 8, 2019 1:57 am

Stayed here again for a quick overnight. Again no upgrade as a lifetime plat. All categories available online.

Room was nevertheless nice and well well appointed for a basic room.

AnttiV Apr 29, 2019 12:02 pm

Staying here currently. Upgraded from the base room (paid 80€) to a corner suite. Very nice upgrade by European standards. Not that close to the airport, cab ride was 30€ one way but will take the free shuttle back. Still much cheaper than booking the Hilton or the Sheraton connected to the airport.

Also there seems to be a make-your-self-a-free-GT hour between 8-9PM at the bar which is nice.

dabbagmm Jun 1, 2019 5:12 am

I'm considering a 4-night stay here on family holiday. We have a car and I'm a bit put off by the outrageous and unjustified parking fee of 17 Euros/day at such location.
- Is there a free/cheaper Parking option nearby?
- Anyone got the email address of the front desk?
- Can the suite awards be used in this property?

EHAM1 Jun 1, 2019 12:40 pm

There is a parking lot about 200 meters from the hotel, called “Schinkelbos”. You can park there for free. As long as you do not leave valuable stuff in your car it should be safe to park.

Chewie Jun 1, 2019 1:48 pm

I would like to stay here end of the month. However, my flight departs AMS at 7:40am. If they had a 5:30am shuttle, I would. 6am is pushing it.

Just for the convenience, I booked the Sheraton.

Mordac Aug 10, 2019 5:04 am

Can someone who's been explain where exactly the shuttle pick up at the airport is?

HRSPGPutnik Aug 10, 2019 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 31400232)
Can someone who's been explain where exactly the shuttle pick up at the airport is?

It is very easy to find, when you exit Schiphol Plaza - cross the street twice and you wlll find bus stop numbered C13. For your orientation it is almost under the bridge which connects Schiphol Plaza and hotel Sheraton. But few times (20%) I should wait for the bus - so do not be surprised if the bus is not on time there - just wait. Do not take taxi - it is 30 EUR!