Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Berlin Humboldthain Park - Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...oldthain-park/

Opening December 2017. Cat 4.

"3-minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Underground Station, offering a direct 10-minute connection to Alexanderplatz. The S-Bahn Station Gesundbrunnen is connected to Berlin’s Ringbahn (circular railway) with direct links to Berlin Messe Exhibition Centre.

Berlin is all about being central, affordable and eclectic- that’s exactly the essence of our MOXY.Strategically located between east and west and with an excellent public transportation network you are in the perfect spot to immerse yourself in the city’s multicultural scene. Just at our door step, Humboldthain Park offers a quiet pause among city bustle with playgrounds, vineyards, a rose garden, bike trails and an historic tower with 360-degree view of Berlin."
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I stayed here for one night before a weekend at the Berlin Ritz Carlton.

It was my first stay at a Moxy, and I quite liked it. The downstairs area was a bar/ cafe format and was welcoming and clean. There was music, but it was pretty quiet. The bartenders/ receptionists knew what they were doing and were friendly and helpful.

The room was quite small, but was functional, clean and did the trick.

I personally prefer full service hotels with things like desks, room service, in-room telephones to reach reception and irons so I am not the target customer here, but for a kind of step up from a youth hostel, I would recommend this Moxy.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Hotel has been re-branded as a AC hotel from Moxy. Thread on AC here:

AC Hotel Humboldthain Park - Berlin, Germany [Master Thread]

Cheers.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Looks like the hotel wasn't rebranded after all and the AD hotel is next door to the Moxy. So re-opening this thread.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yes, AC will be a separate hotel - right next to Moxy. Same owner. It will open within the next two months, according to one of the receptionists here at Moxy.

Been at the Moxy now for three days, and I have anjoyed my stay so far. They have two categories of rooms only twin/queen bed and king bed...the bedrooms with a king bed is about 10 EUR more expensive than the standard ones. But I think they are same size. However I was "upgraded" to a room with a king size bed The room is standard Moxy, paper cups, no phone, etc. Bathroom has usual Moxy shampoo/shower gel in one, and conditioner and hand soap. One thing that irritate me about Moxy hotels is that they have no bins in the bedrooms, only one small bin in the bathroom. They have housekeeping every day though.

Every guest gets a welcome drink upon arrival - not a proper drink from the bar, but you can choose something from the fridge. Took the daily 10 EUR voucher, way better value than the 500/stay points. You get two large beers (on tap) from the bar for 10 EUR. I have stayed in a few Moxy's and I like their lobby bars, large, inviting and there is always something going on

Crew are young and supernice Always helpful and service minded. Casual and youthful hotel, step up from a hostel, as one previously mentioned. I would not stay here unless I got a very good rate. Would definately stay here again if I get the same rate. Usually the rate is close to 100 EUR, and Sheraton can often match that price more or less. I have no idea how this Moxy compare to the one at Ostbahnhof, but I have noticed that that one has more room categories, so maybe better upgrades there.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:03 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
This Moxy hotel is currently closed due to low travel demand. The reception at the AC Hotel suggested it will likely open in February or March again.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:33 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Just some pictures from the Moxy. As usual this met the Moxy brand standards. Got I what expected which is perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.