Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Jaipur Resort & Spa, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat

There is a JW Marriott opening in Jaipur this month! It didn't appear on the Marriott website last month when I booked the FS Marriott near the airport and is not accepting reservations yet.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...esort-and-spa/

Edit: Does anyone know if the FS Jaipur still has an EL? I cannot find any pictures online of it (only the Hilton's EL shows up oddly).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:12 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Looks like an interesting choice. Based on the map, it seems quite a bit of the way out of town. We stayed at the Rambagh Palace when we were through in 2015. It was closer to town, but truth be told, we didn't leave the property for dining off property at night.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Looks like an interesting choice. Based on the map, it seems quite a bit of the way out of town. We stayed at the Rambagh Palace when we were through in 2015. It was closer to town, but truth be told, we didn't leave the property for dining off property at night.
Yeah it seems like it may be quie the drive from the JW, though the location of the FS also seems far (when accounting for traffic)
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Hmmm, its no longer showing up when searching for a hotel in Jaipur...still listed as Nov 2017 on their website.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From the hotel's website:

"Jaipur's new landmark in the grandeur of Rajasthan.

Inspired by the palaces around, JW Marriott Jaipur Resort & Spa is a perfect blend of traditional designs and contemporary elements. From the intricate Jaali and Tikri work to enchanting architecture, the resort offers you a glimpse of majestic Rajasthan.The resort has 200 luxurious rooms offering eight different room experiences to choose from. It also offers an array of food and beverage options embracing the local flavours along with world- wide cuisine. Royal Indoor and outdoor banqueting venue options of over 52000 sq. ft. area, is an ideal choice for the meetings and weddings."

Cat 3. Only has 1 suite, so doubt suite upgrades will happen often.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
We checked in here and were upgraded to a small villa with pool. That was the good part.

At dinner we then got told that a water pipe had failed, specifically to our villa even though we still had running water, which I find very odd, and we had to be downgraded. We switched rooms only to enter a block with central air conditioning control which is locked to heat mode. Maintenance advised us to open a window, so now we can enjoy the noise from a wedding party.

The hotel have offered to comp dinner tomorrow for us. Normally I would ask for a night charge to be waived but since we booked on points I stumbled and accepted.

I had an uncomfortable experience with the front office manager who made clear I should remain greatful we kept an upgraded room.

A deeply unpleasant experience. I should have saved my points and booked cash at either the Marriott or Le Meridien resort. Live and learn.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by MrM2016
We checked in here and were upgraded to a small villa with pool. That was the good part.

At dinner we then got told that a water pipe had failed, specifically to our villa even though we still had running water, which I find very odd, and we had to be downgraded. We switched rooms only to enter a block with central air conditioning control which is locked to heat mode. Maintenance advised us to open a window, so now we can enjoy the noise from a wedding party.

The hotel have offered to comp dinner tomorrow for us. Normally I would ask for a night charge to be waived but since we booked on points I stumbled and accepted.

I had an uncomfortable experience with the front office manager who made clear I should remain greatful we kept an upgraded room.

A deeply unpleasant experience. I should have saved my points and booked cash at either the Marriott or Le Meridien resort. Live and learn.
Were you in room 510? I was just there for 3 nights with 4 rooms. They have 6 sold out weddings this month so it's going to be loud throughout.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:50 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Has anyone else noticed that the property charges an INR 2000 nightly "extra person" fee for each person in the room. Is this supposed to be a resort fee? A way to advertise lower rates? Something else?

Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
It's not my experience that the hotel is adding extra guest charges. I got two rooms with 2 in one and 3 in another and didnt have any charges added like this. I priced as 1 in the room and then with the additional guests and it remained the same.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:23 am

Kicking off the New Year here. Oh, what an experience! We had two reservations, one under a rate that included the mandatory NYE gala for 2 adults and 1 child and a second for our two kids that didnt include the dinner. Took many to many engagements to get this settled with people pursuing me at times despite what I showed them in emails.

The property is a 4 star at best, definitely been used hard if this went live in 2017. Lots of marble stains and cracks.

This place is a small “compound” in a wasteland. I will post some pictures to demonstrate.

I would ultimately caution anyone about their expectations here and in Jaipur more generally. If you are coming from a few hours away, fine. 10+ hours of travel, do you research. I’ll post a longer review when we depart.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:44 am

Safely entrenched in the Andaz Delhi, and with a few hours of perspective I’ll add a few more things before i forget.

I confirmed that the property is only 2 years old. It looks like 5+ years old. The craftsmanship on the original build and the poorly skilled labor doing the maintenance means the physical plant is weak, in no way worthy of a JW branding. I feel cheated, I thought JW+new property= comfort and service we expect.

The speciality restaurant was terrible. $150 for 2 in thr Jaipur area should demand a premium experience. The food was salty and every other dish was lukewarm. What a let down, the indian dishes in the buffet area were way better than what was served to us.

Everything at this property takes time, there are usually 3-5 people working on something and going back and forth about what to do.

The main grassy area where they had activities abuts the front wall of the property and there is a squalid pond on the other side of that wall that you can smell when trying to play croquet or drink tee on the lawn. The property should have bought another 20-50 acres as a buffer in front.

This is a category 2 Sheraton at best! I totally regret going here and being trapped for the week... DM me before you go here...

Edited to add: It gets even better! I just received an email from the property, “Dear Mr George, we trust you enjoyed your stay...”. I am not Mr George!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Thank you for updates.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Stephem - post an honest review in trip*advisor*com. Management of Marriott monitor and are required to address issues raised there. They would likely even try to contact you to address specifics. My other half has worked for a Marriott property for 20 years and this is now SOP. I've taken to posting here and then cutting and pasting the same review over there.

For some reason they do not monitor FT, even though I've always felt that FT is full of experienced and seasoned travelers whereas the other site is full of a number of travel newbies who lack perspective on quality of service.

And thanks for your good feedback.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This hotel has left Marriott and is due to reopen "soon" as The Leela Palace Jaipur.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.