Marriott "Fresh Bites" Room Service

Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I refuse to stay at a property that offers Fresh Bites, but I thought they delivered in addition to you picking up. Delivery is still in the stupid bag & not true room service service.

Cheers.
Same, at least in any case where I have any expectation of possibly needing room service. If I see Fresh Bites I book elsewhere.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:27 am
Ozz

Work at fresh bites.

Hello everyone.

Im working at Marriott in Orlando area. I was making hourly wage plus tips. Manager talked to me on yesterday. He said Fresh bites wage is going to be flat rate no tips. He said because Marriott standards. Is that real? Please help me about that. How I make money. I get hourly under $10. Do you have any information about that. ?
Old May 23, 2019, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Ozz
Hello everyone.

Im working at Marriott in Orlando area. I was making hourly wage plus tips. Manager talked to me on yesterday. He said Fresh bites wage is going to be flat rate no tips. He said because Marriott standards. Is that real? Please help me about that. How I make money. I get hourly under $10. Do you have any information about that. ?
Can't address the specifics as I don't really know them for your property, but if there is a line item for tips on Fresh Bites then you should be receiving the tip. For management to withhold it would be a violation of the law i believe (note: I am not a attorney). Since I don't stay at properties with FB, I don't know if there is a tip line item. Perhaps someone else can address this who has ordered FB before? Also, if you require a job that does provide tips & your management is now saying there won't be any, my recommendation would be to find a position with another hotel that does allow tips. Good luck.

Cheers.
Ozz likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since I don't stay at properties with FB, I don't know if there is a tip line item. Perhaps someone else can address this who has ordered FB before?
There is not. One of the alleged benefits of Fresh Bites is not having to sign a check. So whether you pick up your food in the restaurant or have it delivered to your room (for a flat $5 fee), the worker just hands you the bag and that's that.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:19 pm
Ozz

Up

Please up
Old May 29, 2019, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Ozz
Please up
Literally have no idea what what means. But again, if you have a problem w/ not receiving tips, the best option is to discuss it w/ the hotel you're currently working at, appeal to the local government agency, or find a job at a different hotel that does pay tips for room service. Good luck.

Cheers.
dgreen12 and Ozz like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.