Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Four Points in the world -- what are your favorites?

Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: helvetic
Other threads:
- W: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873459-best-w-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Le Mridien: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874601-favorite-le-meridien-property-worldwide.html
- St. Regis: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873977-favorite-st-regis-worldwide.html
- Luxury Collection: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874737-best-luxury-collection-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Tribute Portfolio: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874739-best-tribute-portfolio-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Four Points: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874857-best-four-points-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Westin: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874858-best-westin-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Sheraton: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874860-best-sheraton-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Design Hotels: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874863-best-design-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Aloft: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1874918-best-aloft-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Renaissance: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1963254-best-renaissance-world-what-your-favorites.html
Print Wikipost

Best Four Points in the world -- what are your favorites?

Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
My favourite: The brand-new FP Auckland.^
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Accor Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Favourite: Four Points Melbourne, Four Points Bandung
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Eastside
My favourite: The brand-new FP Auckland.^
If you don't mind, I will provide a different opinion about Auckland. Pullman Auckland is often cheaper than 4P, and they treat Accor Platinums well with suite upgrades, plus they have a lounge. If 4P is more expensive than a full service hotel which gives better elite perks, without having seen the 4P myself I think it disqualifies it from "best 4P in the world" although I acknowledge that the purpose of this thread is to encourage discussion without a very specific definition of what is "best" so two different opinions can be equally valid. 4P Auckland being a new property, yes I assume hardware it better but it's not like Pullman is falling apart.

Anyway, I have not been to many 4Ps so my opinion probably has limited value, but with that said my own vote would go to 4P Panoramahaus Dornbirn (Austria). Suite upgrade, new, modern, and clean, hardwood floors, good views, heck even free flow sparkling wine for breakfast! And I don't think there is a local hotel which is cheaper and offers more but I have probably not been there often enough to be definite about this.

There are some votes for 4P Dubai in this thread but I would note that while those properties might be nice in absolute terms, Dubai is a market where hotels are among the best in the world with awesome elite treatment, so in most circumstances I would rather book a full service hotel for a modest price premium in Dubai, not 4P. Yes you might get a great suite upgrade in 4P Dubai but odds are good that you will also get a great suite upgrade in many other hotels in Dubai.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:37 am
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by escape4
If you don't mind, I will provide a different opinion about Auckland. Pullman Auckland is often cheaper than 4P, and they treat Accor Platinums well with suite upgrades, plus they have a lounge. If 4P is more expensive than a full service hotel which gives better elite perks, without having seen the 4P myself I think it disqualifies it from "best 4P in the world" although I acknowledge that the purpose of this thread is to encourage discussion without a very specific definition of what is "best" so two different opinions can be equally valid. 4P Auckland being a new property, yes I assume hardware it better but it's not like Pullman is falling apart.

Anyway, I have not been to many 4Ps so my opinion probably has limited value, but with that said my own vote would go to 4P Panoramahaus Dornbirn (Austria). Suite upgrade, new, modern, and clean, hardwood floors, good views, heck even free flow sparkling wine for breakfast! And I don't think there is a local hotel which is cheaper and offers more but I have probably not been there often enough to be definite about this.

There are some votes for 4P Dubai in this thread but I would note that while those properties might be nice in absolute terms, Dubai is a market where hotels are among the best in the world with awesome elite treatment, so in most circumstances I would rather book a full service hotel for a modest price premium in Dubai, not 4P. Yes you might get a great suite upgrade in 4P Dubai but odds are good that you will also get a great suite upgrade in many other hotels in Dubai.
I've stayed at both full service and "cheap" hotels in Dubai. I honestly think that the four points sheik zayed rd is amazing for its price and for what it is. Far better than most 4P. But obviously the bali location is the best. The 4P in Kuta is mind blowingly good
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
I've stayed at both full service and "cheap" hotels in Dubai. I honestly think that the four points sheik zayed rd is amazing for its price and for what it is. Far better than most 4P. But obviously the bali location is the best. The 4P in Kuta is mind blowingly good
Coming from you, I will trust that this is rock solid info, no doubt. However given how we were treated at W The Palm Dubai last month, we will return 10 times to W before trying 4P Dubai! Not the same price range however, admittedly.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

We had a stay at 4P Auckland in March, and it was my worst Marriott stay all year (currently around 120 nights). Arrived around 2pm and the lobby had perhaps 50 suitcases stacked up. FD Manager checked us in, no welcome, no mention of status, just "we won't have any rooms before 5, come back after 5." Ended up in a tiny room on high floor, with admittedly good view (with the Crowne Plaza in the distance, and my SO queried -after a great stay at CP Christchurch- why aren't we staying there). Breakfast wasn't bad, but we hadn't been given vouchers, and had issues every morning. Also, I seem to recall they wanted to charge extra for lattes/cappuccino? It was a great deal on as a Cat 4 redemption vs NZD400-ish rate, but I wouldn't stay there again.

As for good 4Ps, I didn't stay at the brand frequently when I lived in the US, so was surprised to find on my recent travels that there are some great ones. My favorite is probably 4P Sydney, which treated us very well (with suite upgrade and good breakfast daily) and was spectacular value as Cat 4 redemption vs AUD400-ish rates. I also rather liked the 4Ps in Hakone and Danang, and 4P Singapore is great value.
escape4 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Ive stayed at the 4P Auckland this year and thought it was more than adequate. I dont think it deserves a place in the best 4P hotels discussion (only those going beyond brand standards do almost by definition), but Ill probably use it again next time Im in Auckland if the Park Hyatt is above my budget.
escape4 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by aussieinsf
Four points Bolzano - rooftop pool and gym with beautiful views. Many large suites. Built in a former factory it has some nice architectural features and is very convenient to the autostrada.
I agree with this totally - I was there few times and I was really satisfied, the spa and the pool on the roof is an excellent added value.
In this area is also FP Dornbirn where I had similar experience.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by aussieinsf
Four points Bolzano - rooftop pool and gym with beautiful views. Many large suites. Built in a former factory it has some nice architectural features and is very convenient to the autostrada.
Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik
I agree with this totally - I was there few times and I was really satisfied, the spa and the pool on the roof is an excellent added value.
So two votes for Bolzano, that's great to hear; I did not even know there was a Marriott chain hotel over there! Will put this property on my radar screen.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
On the flip side: FP Memphis East is by far the WORST Marriott property my wife and I have stayed at.
Staff: great
Rooms...ok...like Motel 6 ok.
Hallway, heated to match the outside temp of 110
Free brekky: not worth returning for on our 3 day stays with moldy blueberries and very much lacking in most items.

FP MCO by Universal we frequent for work. Nothing great about it, but ok. Don't like the surcharge they apply for receiving/storing packages.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:33 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Coming from you, I will trust that this is rock solid info, no doubt. However given how we were treated at W The Palm Dubai last month, we will return 10 times to W before trying 4P Dubai! Not the same price range however, admittedly.
Of course, it doesn't compare. But if you want some cheap nights, both of those 4Ps are fantastic.

Also if you don't want to be stuck on the Palm which I find rather remote and isolated
Old May 10, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Exclamation my two still around

Originally Posted by BHammy
On the flip side: FP Memphis East is by far the WORST Marriott property my wife and I have stayed at.
Staff: great
Rooms...ok...like Motel 6 ok.
Hallway, heated to match the outside temp of 110
Free brekky: not worth returning for on our 3 day stays with moldy blueberries and very much lacking in most items.
See this thread has taken a turn for the worse (pun intended) since I last visited............
My two PFs are still around (amazingl):
1.Milan
2. Ljubijana (Mons)
NB Both have rates of the day below 100 Euros!)
Old May 10, 2020, 10:27 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
My favorite had to be former FP Sports Complex in KC.(now a best western) The place was in desperate need of renovation. The pool didn't usually work. The BF was understaffed. But it's location was perfect, right across the street from Arrowhead and Kaufman Stadiums (Chiefs NFL, Royals MLB) When I first started staying it was 5000 points per night, free parking. (the stadium was $18 and the football complex was in the $40's). We could check in, park the car for free, enjoy our beverages and walk over. After the game or concert, no traffic to fight. Some of the FD staff were awesome as well and even with the physical property issues they tried to be customer friendly. I remember two winters ago we were staying for a NFL playoff game and the city had a snowstorm that knocked the power out to much of the area. The hotel was running on generators only and they laid out a free spread for fans coming back. (it wasn't gourmet..things like hotdogs and hot chocolate) when they didn't have to do anything.
Old May 10, 2020, 1:42 pm

It's the little things like this that stay in the memory and hearts of guests for a long time.
I've had a similar experience at the 4 points Pune (India) which on more than 1 occasion has gone above and beyond to arrange for local transportation when company issued vendor has failed us. Another time they've arranged for items not in the midnight menu, keeping in mind specific dietary restrictions : and all of it with a big smile and a genuine willingness to help.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
The Four Points by Sheraton Linkou was quite nice even though I haven't had an opportunity to stay there more recently than 2 years ago due to the pandemic. It is a new construction Four Points, and our room had dedicated areas with doors for the bathtub/shower (separate fixtures) and toilet. The room had soft carpeting with an extremely cozy decor. While the breakfast buffet wasn't the same scale of the typical expansive breakfast buffets found at Asian locations of major chain hotels, it was above and beyond what the average Four Points offers.

The hotel is located across the street from the Taoyuan MRT station (A9), offering easy access to the airport or Taipei Main Station on the same line.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.