Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: helvetic
Other threads:
- W: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873459-best-w-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Le Méridien: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874601-favorite-le-meridien-property-worldwide.html
- St. Regis: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873977-favorite-st-regis-worldwide.html
- Luxury Collection: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874737-best-luxury-collection-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Tribute Portfolio: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874739-best-tribute-portfolio-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Four Points: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874857-best-four-points-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Westin: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874858-best-westin-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Sheraton: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874860-best-sheraton-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Design Hotels: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874863-best-design-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Aloft: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1874918-best-aloft-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Renaissance: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1963254-best-renaissance-world-what-your-favorites.html
Print Wikipost

Favorite St. Regis worldwide?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by damon88
I hope I am wrong, but just in case everything I love about Starwood goes away I am trying to stay at as many of my “ bucket list” SPG properties in the near future as I can.

I am spending my Starpoints as if they were going out of style, which they may be (I fervently hope not!)

Best case, I burned my SPG points prematurely- worst case- I used them for some amazing redemptions.
Well, I sincerely hope you have a great stay. My wife and I go to NYC fairly often, but usually end up in non-SPG properties there. No matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to embrace "old world charm" decor. I suppose it's ok in Paris, but just doesn't work for me in NYC.

Regards
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
My stays include-

StR Bal Harbour
StR Bahia Beach
StR Washington DC
StR New York
StR Deer Valley
StR San Francisco
StR Florence
StR Monarch Beach (gone)

But our favorite is StR Punta Mita.
travelista and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by pageboy; Oct 30, 2017 at 11:13 am
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pageboy
My stays include-

StR Bal Harbour
StR Bahia Beach
StR Washington DC
StR New York
StR Deer Valley
StR San Francisco
StR Florence

But our favorite is StR Punta Mita.
We have become a bit partial to St Regis Bal Harbour. It's a little away from the action of Miami Beach, but that is utterly and completely fine with us.

Regards
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:10 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, I sincerely hope you have a great stay. My wife and I go to NYC fairly often, but usually end up in non-SPG properties there. No matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to embrace "old world charm" decor. I suppose it's ok in Paris, but just doesn't work for me in NYC.

Regards
NYC is a pretty weak city for hotels in general. Everything is overpriced and mediocre.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SHLTP
It is interesting, as I was about to write my favorite St. Regis hotels (as I tend to enjoy them), I realized my most disappointing experiences ever at Starwood were also St. Regis

St. Regis Langkawi (mud pit of a beach, ceiling in our villa fell down, shower flooded whole area, sinks blocked)
St. Regis Singapore
St. Regis Abu Dhabi
St. Regis Shanghai (now Hongta LC)

I am wondering if this is because of higher expectations or what... but when I think of my top Starwood experiences -- esp service wise -- it is always as a less highly positioned brand.

Or perhaps Singapore and SH were early additions to StR so they lowered standard to get them into system and maybe sometimes StR rush construction? That certainly appears to be case with Langkawi.

FOr the life of me I dont understand the high feedback on Langkawi on Tripadvisor.
I am with you re stR Langkawi, one of my biggest disappointments ever, mainly due to service in our case.

I haven't stayed at the StR Singapore but based on my experience dining there I don't think I would want to stay - service was poor even for Singapore standards.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I don't normally stay at St Regis because I can't justify the price premium vs other options.

My favorite is StR Florence, great property well situated in a great city.
LuisHK likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I have not stayed at all the St Regis hotels, and I have a feeling they are all outstanding....

But my favourites are ....

St Regis Princeville- had an amazing stay there!! Loved everything about it, including the upgrade to a Suite...

St Regis Osaka- have stayed there many times- love the staff, the location, the Butler, the price and the mini-bar for Platinums...
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
St. Regis Osaka is super high up on my list. I've heard so many great things…
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I've only stayed at 3 StR since I prefer Park Hyatts and LCs.

- St. Regis Princeville had incredible views (some of the best in the world) but was outdated and the building was hideous. The pool also left a lot to be desired with uncomfortable lounge chairs.

- St. Regis Bahia Beach was quite nice. Nice room and beach, good service, delicious food. The only negative was lots of kids and lack of adults only pool. Hoping it recovers from the Hurricane Maria quickly.

- St. Regis DC was just okay. I thought the service was lacking and the room was nice but nothing special. I much prefer the Park Hyatt because I find the service friendlier and think Blue Duck Tavern is great (including room service).

I've visited a few others but wasn't super impressed with the brand. It's a bit too stuff for me compared to the Park Hyatt. I've got an upcoming stay at the St. Regis Chengdu, which I am looking forward to.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:40 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Duke777

- St. Regis Princeville had incredible views (some of the best in the world) but was outdated and the building was hideous. The pool also left a lot to be desired with uncomfortable lounge chairs.

- St. Regis Bahia Beach was quite nice. Nice room and beach, good service, delicious food. The only negative was lots of kids and lack of adults only pool. Hoping it recovers from the Hurricane Maria quickly.

- St. Regis DC was just okay. I thought the service was lacking and the room was nice but nothing special. I much prefer the Park Hyatt because I find the service friendlier and think Blue Duck Tavern is great (including room service).

I've visited a few others but wasn't super impressed with the brand. It's a bit too stuff for me compared to the Park Hyatt. I've got an upcoming stay at the St. Regis Chengdu, which I am looking forward to.
You hit several on the head.

No doubt, the PH Washington is a nicer and more modern property than the StR Washington. And Blue Duck Tavern is fab, indeed.

StR Bahia Beach is exquisite, but its biggest weakness is lack of an adults only pool, indeed.

StR Princeville has the best views in Hawaii along with great food and service..and nice interiors. But that building is old, indeed, and Hawaii building codes/rules (especially on Kauai) don't allow it to be renovated easily. Still, it's far more luxurious than the Grand Hyatt.

You likely will better enjoy the newer build or renovated StR properties that are more modern and approximate the PH style a bit more closely (but still have more elements of place than PH is known for). Properties like San Francisco, Mexico City, Istanbul, Punta Mita, Miami Bal Harbour, Atlanta, Shanghai, and even Bora Bora, Beijing, Bangkok, Osaka, etc.
levistrauss likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777

You'll love the St. Regis Chengdu, it's my favorite St.R! Amazing property, amazing staff, amazing management, amazing service.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
My top 3 favorite St Regis properties:

- New York -- best service from any hotel I've ever been to here. The staff was absolutely on point.
- Singapore
- Bal Harbour

Monarch Beach would be on that list if it were still a StR property. Major shame it is no longer part of the family. I stayed there after the transition and it's definitely gone downhill.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by SHLTP
It is interesting, as I was about to write my favorite St. Regis hotels (as I tend to enjoy them), I realized my most disappointing experiences ever at Starwood were also St. Regis

St. Regis Shanghai (now Hongta LC)
Have stayed at Honta LC this October as SPG Gold and was extremely satisfied with the service and quite happy with hard product as well. With its current prices it's a great deal. The only – obvious – downside is its location.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Plumber
St Regis Osaka- have stayed there many times- love the staff, the location, the Butler, the price and the mini-bar for Platinums...
Hmmm, the price? I have seen it only once with sort of affordable tag below 300 USD for a basic room (on Hot Escapes list few months back). I find it ridiculously expensive otherwise.

Any trick to get a decent pricing?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
My experiences (very few locations)

Great:
St. Regis Florence
St. Regis Bali
St. Regis Bal Harbour
St. Regis Osaka

Good:
St. Regis Princeville
St. Regis Moscow
St. Regis Bangkok
St. Regis Washington D.C.

So So:
St. Regis Rome
St. Regis Singapore

Upcoming Stay:
St. Regis Istanbul - Jan 2018

My bucket list:
St. Regis Bora Bora
St. Regis Maldives
Hi, Did you end up staying at St Regis Istanbul in Jan ? Can you please provide your opinion / feedback ? I'm planning to visit it in Oct and am considering this ws RS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.