Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Whitley (Atlanta), Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

The Ritz Carlton Buckhead in Atlanta will reopen Dec 1 as The Whitley, a Luxury Collection hotel.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...139.1495608724

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2017/09/The...e-Whitley.html

The RC was pretty tired from many reports over the last few years. Here's hoping the owner refurbishes to bring the hotel to decent standard for the Luxury Collection.

Atlanta will have the St Regis Atlanta, the Ritz Carlton Atlanta, and The Whitley...as well as the subpar W and JW Marriott properties in the Marriott luxury segment.

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 13, 2017 at 11:31 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bhrubin
The Ritz Carlton Buckhead in Atlanta will reopen Dec 1 as The Whitley, a Luxury Collection hotel.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...139.1495608724

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2017/09/The...e-Whitley.html

The RC was pretty tired from many reports over the last few years. Here's hoping the owner refurbishes to bring the hotel to decent standard for the Luxury Collection.

Atlanta will have the St Regis Atlanta, the Ritz Carlton Atlanta, and The Whitley...as well as the subpar W properties in the Marriott luxury segment.

I would try after a full reno. That property was one of those OLDER Ritz properties that were stuck in the late 80s/Early 90s.

This give SPG a W and Westin within walking distance and a St. Regis, a longer walk or short drive away.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I have stayed at this property for last few weeks, pretty good actually. The lounge has free booz (with cheep French sparkling wine to boot) along with hot entries for B/L/D along with extensive dessert selection, have not seen that in any other Starwood property lounges.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
I have stayed at this property for last few weeks, pretty good actually. The lounge has free booz (with cheep French sparkling wine to boot) along with hot entries for B/L/D along with extensive dessert selection, have not seen that in any other Starwood property lounges.
is lounge access complimentary for spg plat?

thank you
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

is lounge access complimentary for spg plat?

thank you
yes
Old May 18, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

low rates (for upscale) as media reports not doing well financially, especially if they negotiate might be good 'value' for pre-merger runs
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Reading the reviews on SGP app, hearing the free alcohol has been removed and club offerings have been reduced, no more lunch.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
low rates (for upscale) as media reports not doing well financially, especially if they negotiate might be good 'value' for pre-merger runs
I’ve noticed their rates are much more reasonable, a lot of times under $200/nt. Maybe this is the reason the club offerings have been reduced.

Anyone been there recently? Been a few months for me.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Nines (LC) in Portland (Oregon) always had good local wines (free) and very nice lounge food in a rather elegant setting, but I don't remember whether they offered hot food. The lounge was somewhat small and could be crowded at times.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:36 am

The changes in lounge offerings are true, I stayed for a couple of days in late May, now it resembles pretty much any other Starwood lounge maybe would couple of exceptions like free booze and a Nespresso machine
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$136 hot escapes (weekends?) and i think i recall seeing lower than that

cuts are better than dropping starwood / marriott

re nines, the management co also manages a ritz carlton and an ex four seasons
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Stayed here for DragonCon and despite being in Buckhead, found it actually pretty convenient and a good base, especially if you're not into doing the whole 24 hours straight at the 'Con thing. Buckhead and Lenox MARTA stations were both an easy walk and a pretty quick trip down to Peachtree station to be in the middle of downtown. Stopped in at the Corner Bakery on the way to the Buckhead station almost every morning for a nice cup of coffee and pastry. Public areas of the hotel are very nice. Pool and spa area closed a little early IMHO, 10pm or maybe even 9pm. Some people might want to work out late at night depending on their own body clock. I'd definitely recommend this property and would stay here again.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I stayed here last weekend for a night,,,was only marginally more than the W or Westin.

As a Platinum Premier, got upgraded to a rather nice suite with club level access. Club lounge was one of the best SPG ones I've been to in the US - several hot options out in the evening - enough for me to make a dinner out of it. Booze is no longer complimentary though.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mersk862
I stayed here last weekend for a night,,,was only marginally more than the W or Westin.

As a Platinum Premier, got upgraded to a rather nice suite with club level access. Club lounge was one of the best SPG ones I've been to in the US - several hot options out in the evening - enough for me to make a dinner out of it. Booze is no longer complimentary though.
Was lounge access only because of the upgrade or would you have access as a PP? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:22 am

Anyone knows if this hotel will qualify for Amex's $100 off $500 at Ritz offer?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by walkertalk322
Anyone knows if this hotel will qualify for Amex's $100 off $500 at Ritz offer?
Why would it? Not a Ritz anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.