Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Mostar Marriott - Bosnia and Herzegovina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

Opening December 2017. No category listed yet. Does have an exec lounge.

"This exceptional location within the UNESCO listed area in the heart of the old town makes all major monuments accessible on foot. The Souk, the Crooked Bridge, the Monastery&Church of St Peter and Paul and several historic mosques are just meters away.

The hotel is distinctively located within the UNESCO zone, next to the Stari Most in the heart of the historic town. It is the largest in the city with 182 well-appointed rooms and suites.

It owns the most extensive conference & event facility in the region spread over eleven meeting rooms and a total meeting area of 3026m fitted with cutting-edge technology. Including a large congress hall for up to 742 delegates and a modern grand ballroom featuring daylight.

The hotel offers diverse and unique food and beverage experience through five different restaurants and bars during the season. It has extensive leisure facilities including a gym, a gymnastics room, an elegant SPA and a large roof top swimming pool.

Abundant visits and activites may be organized from Mostar including the visit to the 14th -century dervish house in Blagaj, the shrine in Medjugorje, the medieval town of Pocitelj, Kravice waterfalls, river rafting in Konjic or over-day visits to discover the nearby remarkable city of Dubrovnik."
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
getting closer to the water! Really hope we see one on the coast soon, considering point/night credit doesn't count towards status if you stay at the Sheraton Dubrovnik.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Opening May 2018. Still no category yet.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Opening June '18. Cat 5.
  • This room features Concierge lounge access
  • Open: Sun-Sat, Open: plus weekend from 6:00AM to 20:00 PM
  • Private access floor
  • Complimentary food:
  • Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Now opening March '19.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Open? Says open on site, but doesn't look bookable for a couple of months? Category 4.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
It was bookable for a short while, and I regret that I didn't book it - now it's still showing "not available". Hope it opens this summer.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Marriott website now showing it opening in Oct '19.

Cheers.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:58 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Marriott website now showing it opening in Oct '19.

Cheers.
We were there last week. The new Marriott is very close to the famous Stari Most Bridge, consequently the whole area is jammed with tourists in the summer. It looked a LONG way from being finished, but October is quite a long way off.

It appears to have its own car park around it, and this will be very important. Parking near the bridge is at a premium, with every space fought over at peak tourist time. We had to pay 10 euros to park on the street, and the people collecting the fee don't look open to negotiation ;-).

We were very disappointed with the whole 'Old Town' area, just tacky souvenir shops trying to draw the tourists in, and overpriced cafes / restaurants; and that was during the quiet time before the season proper had kicked in.

Bosnia is a beautiful country with fabulous scenery and wonderful people, in our experience; but we weren't impressed by Mostar. I had attempted to book the Marriott when the opening was scheduled for earlier in the year. In hindsight, I am really glad we didn't manage it.

I would certainly recommend the Courtyard in Sarajevo as an alternative hotel as a Bosnian base - both in the short and long term. We also had very good experiences at the Meridien in Split and the Sheraton in Dubrovnik during our Balkan road trip ;-)

Nick
SanDiego1K and orca15 like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! The property certainly is on the forever plan of opening.

There's also a CY opening in Banja Luka in June (created a thread on it recently, so hope to get some trip reports there after it opens).

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: SK*G
Any news on this property? The website now says April 2020, but considering they're not accepting reservations yet I have my doubts...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I was there a few months ago (Mostar). The building is there and the logo is there!

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Jan 29, 2020 at 7:12 am
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: Delta SM
Anyone heard anything about this one? Planning a trip for next month.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...arriott-hotel/NEW HOTEL OPENING IN APRIL 2023

Mostar Marriott Hotel in the UNESCO world heritage site

Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:01 pm

Any updates? Tried a May 2023 dummy booking without luck. This might be even more delayed than the Park Hyatt Marrakech
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.