Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Siem Reap Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Siem Reap Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Looking to contact the hotel via email but having trouble finding email....we are planning to be there around CNY (I am thinking that might be a bad time to visit Siem Reap)

I assume as Ambassador, we would get free breakfast?

Anyone have an email for this hotel?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shgroamer
Looking to contact the hotel via email but having trouble finding email....we are planning to be there around CNY (I am thinking that might be a bad time to visit Siem Reap)

Ambassador doesn't get you free breakfast at Courtyards. At this property you get $10 per person (up to two people) for food in the restaurant. Breakfast was $15 per person when I was there in March 2019.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:08 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by shgroamer

Hi shgroamer! The Concierge's email address is: [email protected].
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I was here in February and received a free buffet breakfast plus $10 food credit per person. I also received a suite and free 30m massage.

The bellman at check in explained they were scolded for not honoring elite benefits after opening. The staff was retrained and now does it’s best to go above and beyond (at least it was this way in February).
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:02 pm

Any update on Marriott Gold benefits? Have 5 nights booked here early next year.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:06 am

Interested to see any updates for this location...……..going to be visiting this place in early February.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:25 pm

Gold benefits for future reference.

• 10 % discount on Food & Beverage including alcoholic beverages (not including in room dining, banquets, Minibar or special promotions)

• 10 % discount on Laundry

• 25 % bonus points on base point earnings

• 10 % discount in Quan Spa on à la carte

• Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet with an upgraded bandwidth of 10 MBps

• 2pm Late Checkout and priority early check in (based on availability)

• Enhanced Room Upgrade (based on availability, excludes suites)
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:50 pm

Are platinums still getting the free breakfast + $10 as reported by drewp123 ?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:43 am

Stayed here recently. Location is a bit out of the way from the main town (10 min tuk tuk) and the main Angkor Wat / Bayon / Ta Prohm small circuit, but convenient for Grand Circuit, Roulous group, Beng Mealea, and Banteay Srei since it's on the main highway to Phnom Penh. Not much in the neighborhood - it's a bit industrial and gritty - except two local produce markets.

Good value on points with 5NF @ 50k points (=roughly 1 cpp) but otherwise you can probably do better. The hotel is about two years old so the rooms are fine from a wear and tear point of view, but the room design was one of the worst we've experienced at a hotel. The tub was hard to get into, you could hear water flowing through the pipes from other rooms, etc. We also thought food at the hotel was poor.

Tuk tuks to town run about $2 each way from the hotel and to Angkor Wat about $3. We paid $15 for a tuk tuk for the whole day and $20 for a full day on the day we went to Angkor at sunrise. Even for sunrise at 5 am it was easy to find a tuk tuk on the street when the guy we arranged with the night before didn't turn up.

Last edited by abcx; Feb 5, 2020 at 10:49 am
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by UserMark
Are platinums still getting the free breakfast + $10 as reported by drewp123 ?
No, I was offered one or the other this past week. Was upgraded to a suite, but it was way at the end of the hall which made for a very long walk, and the hallway smelled like a concentration of outside air pollution immediately outside my room. Inside the room was fine though.

The entire hotel was deserted - probably less than a dozen rooms occupied pool facing side from what I could tell.

Disagree with the JW Marriott comparison earlier in the thread. This hotel is definitely Asian Courtyard hard product quality.

I thought the food was ok.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: BA LTG, Bonvoy LTT, Delta Plat, VA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
Any update if this resort is refusing lounge access/breakfast to Platinums?

Booked to go there later this year. Per Bonvoy terms, they should NOT be able to refuse lounge access (there is no exclusion for Courtyard resorts in Marriott's current terms)... So if they do refuse, you should be entitled to $50. Curious as to whether they are refusing lounge access or not, so I can prepare myself for the argument 😉
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Khatl
Booked to go there later this year. Per Bonvoy terms, they should NOT be able to refuse lounge access (there is no exclusion for Courtyard resorts in Marriott's current terms)... So if they do refuse, you should be entitled to $50. Curious as to whether they are refusing lounge access or not, so I can prepare myself for the argument 😉
According to the Marriott T&Cs we are not entitled to lounge access at resorts. Check the guarantee and you’ll see it. It’s annoying and they should extend access to elites but they are not obliged to. At least you’ll get credit towards breakfast in the restaurant instead. For what it’s worth, the breakfast in the lounge at Courtyard Phnom Penh (same management) was very mediocre and if not the worst lounge breakfast in Asia. Evening snacks were OK though. Anyway, I’d stay at another hotel if I were you.

Terms here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:10 pm

There is no lounge at this hotel.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
They don’t have a lounge, except for the regular lobby bar.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:35 am

I just finished a 5-day stay at this hotel. It does indeed feel deserted. No issue getting the free Platinum breakfast, which I thought was pretty good. There is an ATM and pharmacy right next door to the hotel. For rides to various attractions, I had good luck using the PassApp app to request either cars or tuk-tuks. You pay the drivers in Cambodian currency, though they would likely take USD too. Every other place in the city seems to use USD only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.