Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellingMan
The bus stop in front of the hotel is Waye Avenue, which is between Heathrow T2/T3 and Hounslow West tube stations.

Additional transport and access details.
To / from T2 or T3
- use bus 105 or 111 to/from the Heathrow Central Bus Station - it's the last but one bus stop at the bus station. You can use alternative bus services and change at Boltons Lane (to Moxy ) or Mondial Way, probably only worth doing late at night. Normally it will take 10 to 15 minutes to get to T2 or T3 from the hotel or vice versa.
From T4 to Moxy - best take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above from Heathrow Central Bus Station.
From Moxy to T4 - Due to the loop on the tube it doesn't work so easily in this direction, so instead go Heathrow Bus Station as above, then take the Heathrow Express or Elizabeth Line (opens late 2018) to T4. Allow 30 minutes. There may be a case for taking the Hoppa bus service instead since that's door to door.
From T5 to Moxy - Take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above. Alternatively take the 423 from T5 to Bolton's Lane and then the 105, 111, 81. 223, H98 to the hotel.
From Moxy to T5 - Either go to T2 or T3 and then the tube to T5. Alternatively any bus to Mondial Way, then the 423 from there. I use this TfL link to see if a 423 is within the next 10 minutes or not, the 423 has a 20 minute service interval. Allow 30 minutes, but it may take 20 minutes.
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/stop/490004149W/mondial-way/

From Central London - Several options: Heathrow Express to T2/T3 then the bus as above. Or the Elizabeth Line when it opens. Or the Piccadilly line to Hounslow West. Cross over the main road to take bus 81. 223, H98 to the hotel door.
Nightbus - There is a night bus N9 that runs from Aldwych, Trafalgar Square, Harrods, High Street Kensington and Hammersmith to the hotel and then Heathrow T2, T3 and finally T5. It starts at about midnight and finishes at 06:30 approx, and runs at 20 minute intervals or better. It takes an hour from central London. If on an early flight you may end up on this service from the hotel, which provides a direct link to T5.

Fares
Travel on buses, trains and tubes is free in the Heathrow travel area, but for the tube you need a contactless payment card, or an Oyster card, or an Android/Google/Apple/Barclay Pay app. This is to operate the gates, it doesn't result in a charge. The Moxy however is 2 stops past this travel area, so you will need to have one of these payment methods to use the buses for the section between the hotel and Harlington Corner (Holiday Inn Ariel). It's a flat fare of £1.50. So pay when you get on the bus when departing from the Moxy, but when arriving at the Moxy pay only on the last bus that gets you to the hotel.
Print Wikipost

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
As someone who is way older than a millennial and just used the hotel as a sleep stop after a flight that landed around midnight:

The
auto-underbed-nite-lite thing is really handy.
had us totally befuddled. I tried to call the front desk to find out how to turn it off and it seems it is not possible to call the front desk from the room. I dressed, and went down and of course when I got back up it was off.

They place a small teddy bear in your room, which you can take down to the bar and redeem for a free drink
No bear in our room - paid for a nightcap.

The breakfast is "free" to Platinums - altho I totally agree with the posts so far, no idea how or if they can "police" payment of it. as the area is quite spread-out behind the bar/check--in/hub.
Oops. We just assumed that breakfast was free since there was so little there. We did not pay. ( Sorry, Moxy - but I paid for a drink that the above poster said I shouldn't have to pay for.)
skye1 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by skye1
Have stayed there a few of times - not sure what can be added to the amazing review above,

At the end of the day, for rates currently at only £39 / night, yes, £39 / night, a few minutes from Heathrow, for what one really "needs" out of an airport hotel beyond a very comfortable bed & shower, hard to go fault-finding.

Yes, as a brand it's shamelessly going after what it thinks that millenials think is cool, sort of like Aloft and W do, and if that isn't one's thing, it's not so overwhelming that it can't be forgiven for great price for a decent, comfortable, clean airport hotel. Thoughts in no particular order....

The welcome drink is free at check in, lately it's a sangria type drink. , If the agent forgets to offer, just ask.
Plat's get a choice of welcome amenity, between another free drink or points. I always take points.
The breakfast is "free" to Platinums - altho I totally agree with the posts so far, no idea how or if they can "police" payment of it. as the area is quite spread-out behind the bar/check--in/hub. A decent array of fresh continental breakfast choices as well as a few hot items.
The lobby is HUUUUGE, with several "areas" to it, and it does have a bit of a "hostel" element to it. Loads of tables & plugs everywhere for plopping down with a laptop/notebook and getting work done. I suppose if it's an airport hotel, you're really there just to crash before an early-morning flight or after a late-evening one, so not much "need" for a lobby other than meeting up with family/friends/colleagues for dinner/drinks/breakfast.
I've tried their pizza selections -- tasty, and their own IPA or there's a cheap/affordable Tesco grocery store next door for grab & go dinner or snacks.
Some of the rooms have AMAZING views of the runways.
As above, Tesco grocery store next door open 'til late, other take-away food options nearby.
The auto-underbed-nite-lite thing is really handy.
The over-the-bed laptop/tablet holder (pictured above) is handy for, say, Kindle/Tablet reading in bed.
They place a small teddy bear in your room, which you can take down to the bar and redeem for a free drink (or, if you don't "need" a free drink, you can take it home, with no charge to your bill (at least none yet, after a couple of go's). I asked an agent there is a charge for taking it, and the agent said no.
They have two free "facial masks" / facial treatment mask packages in the bathroom - one for "relaxing" and the other for energizing after a bit night.
The gym is good as far as hotel gyms go.
The lockers are kinda' handy (can't say I've stayed in many hotels that have them) for leaving stuff that you don't want to carry to your room.
Staff are hit & miss, usually really friendly.
For flights from T-4, Uber is around £5, and plenty of pick-up space at the hotel's front door facing Bath Road.
Thanks for the extensive trip report. And as you say, for £39, it's a deal/not much to complain about, especially if one only wants a quick, cheap stay w/ basic needs. Obviously there are full service properties close by if one wants those.

And Skye1, if this had been open years ago & on the N9 route, there are a lot of us FTers who would have stayed here after way too much partying at FT Dos in London

Cheers.
skye1 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lougord99
As someone who is way older than a millennial and just used the hotel as a sleep stop after a flight that landed around midnight:

The had us totally befuddled. I tried to call the front desk to find out how to turn it off and it seems it is not possible to call the front desk from the room. I dressed, and went down and of course when I got back up it was off.

No bear in our room - paid for a nightcap.

Oops. We just assumed that breakfast was free since there was so little there. We did not pay. ( Sorry, Moxy - but I paid for a drink that the above poster said I shouldn't have to pay for.)
Yep, passed the "millennials" age bracket several exits back on the freeway myself but, am not fussed by the brand's emphasis on it. Would recognize it's not everyone's cup of tea.
The bear has been a hit/miss thing.
No in-room phones, guests use theirs to call, or chat on-line via the Marriott app or Whatsapp with staff.
Under-bed night lights - I think these are controlled from the panel of switches at bedside - took a couple of tries to figure out what controls what.
I thought there were loads of selections for breads, ceretals, etc. for ample choice for the continental breakfast, with a couple of hot choices (Omelettes) thrown in. Worked as far as a decent breakfast before getting on a flight, or heading into work/the city after a prior night's arrival.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Moxy @ LHR and other trendy Marriott brands

So I needed a one night stay at Heathrow before my early morning flight. My go to has been Renaissance. Searched online (all options) and amazingly the Moxy was best. Good for me as less than half what I used to pay when I got a bargain at Renaissance. As a gold upgraded to a business room.

So 1K membership has helped me but Marriott got less than half what they used to get from me.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 6, 2019 at 3:41 pm Reason: Moved to Marriott forum from UA forum
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So I needed a one night stay at Heathrow before my early morning flight. My go to has been Renaissance. Searched online (all options) and amazingly the Moxy was best. Good for me as less than half what I used to pay when I got a bargain at Renaissance. As a gold upgraded to a business room.

So 1K membership has helped me but Marriott got less than half what they used to get from me.

Have you ever stayed at a Moxy? Had used Moxy At VIE and will never stay at a Moxy again. The rooms are smaller than cabins on a cruise and you can barely move in the bathroom which is the size of a closet.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by northsideguy

Have you ever stayed at a Moxy? Had used Moxy At VIE and will never stay at a Moxy again. The rooms are smaller than cabins on a cruise and you can barely move in the bathroom which is the size of a closet.
Actually first stay at a Moxy. Room is small but that is generally true of most hotel rooms in London. Have a window that opens for fresh air, ability to make a cup of coffee/tea in the room. Large open area in the lobby area to sit and work. For GBP47 very happy. Bathroom is small but shower larger than most I experienced in France.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Me either. The entire chain looks designed for teenagers. Although I can see staying at an airport hotel for one night, I would never want this to be my destination hotel no matter how low my budget was.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:34 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat

Originally Posted by chavala

Me either. The entire chain looks designed for teenagers. Although I can see staying at an airport hotel for one night, I would never want this to be my destination hotel no matter how low my budget was.
While I haven’t stayed at Moxy, I feel this way about Aloft. Place seemed to try too hard to be hip, and was so underwhelmed by the whole experience, both stays in 2 different cities. and dually notes on Moxy—I’ll be sure to stay away. Man, am I getting old...I’m too curmudgeonly for early 40s.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Actually first stay at a Moxy. Room is small but that is generally true of most hotel rooms in London.
Agreed. And not just London. Pretty much standard in The Netherlands and Germany. I would far prefer to pay less for the room as long as its clean, quiet and functional. There are a couple of chains that do small rooms for less - easyHotel comes to mind.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
While I haven’t stayed at Moxy, I feel this way about Aloft. Place seemed to try too hard to be hip, and was so underwhelmed by the whole experience, both stays in 2 different cities. and dually notes on Moxy—I’ll be sure to stay away. Man, am I getting old...I’m too curmudgeonly for early 40s.
So sorry to read this as I'm going to get stuck in a new Aloft in Shanghai. Not my choice but the outfit inviting me is forcing me to stay there. And I'm way past the early 40s........

At least I will not have to complain about the size of the rooms. Just checked the information: 39 square meters.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Apr 6, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
So sorry to read this as I'm going to get stuck in a new Aloft in Shanghai. Not my choice but the outfit inviting me is forcing me to stay there. And I'm way past the early 40s........

At least I will not have to complain about the size of the rooms. Just checked the information: 39 square meters.
I have stayed at a handful of Aloft hotels, although not that one, but generally I find them fine. Perhaps they are a bit over-colourful. I think the hanging / barn style bathroom door is the only thing that to me seems a bit of a compromise.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
I think the hanging / barn style bathroom door is the only thing that to me seems a bit of a compromise.
What? What is that?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:10 pm

What? What is that?
Pocket door but slides on the outside not the inside. I personally find them a great use in a small space.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:12 pm

I did like the DND sign at the Moxy...I am a female so perhaps straight men are not so keen. 😘
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What? What is that?
I'm not sure if there's a proper name for it, but it's hung in the way of the one in this picture:

(found on some weird website, link)

Here's a photo from an Aloft, although it's less apparent from the picture how the door works:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.