Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravellingMan
The bus stop in front of the hotel is Waye Avenue, which is between Heathrow T2/T3 and Hounslow West tube stations.

Additional transport and access details.
To / from T2 or T3
- use bus 105 or 111 to/from the Heathrow Central Bus Station - it's the last but one bus stop at the bus station. You can use alternative bus services and change at Boltons Lane (to Moxy ) or Mondial Way, probably only worth doing late at night. Normally it will take 10 to 15 minutes to get to T2 or T3 from the hotel or vice versa.
From T4 to Moxy - best take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above from Heathrow Central Bus Station.
From Moxy to T4 - Due to the loop on the tube it doesn't work so easily in this direction, so instead go Heathrow Bus Station as above, then take the Heathrow Express or Elizabeth Line (opens late 2018) to T4. Allow 30 minutes. There may be a case for taking the Hoppa bus service instead since that's door to door.
From T5 to Moxy - Take the tube to T1/T2/T3 and then the bus as above. Alternatively take the 423 from T5 to Bolton's Lane and then the 105, 111, 81. 223, H98 to the hotel.
From Moxy to T5 - Either go to T2 or T3 and then the tube to T5. Alternatively any bus to Mondial Way, then the 423 from there. I use this TfL link to see if a 423 is within the next 10 minutes or not, the 423 has a 20 minute service interval. Allow 30 minutes, but it may take 20 minutes.
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/stop/490004149W/mondial-way/

From Central London - Several options: Heathrow Express to T2/T3 then the bus as above. Or the Elizabeth Line when it opens. Or the Piccadilly line to Hounslow West. Cross over the main road to take bus 81. 223, H98 to the hotel door.
Nightbus - There is a night bus N9 that runs from Aldwych, Trafalgar Square, Harrods, High Street Kensington and Hammersmith to the hotel and then Heathrow T2, T3 and finally T5. It starts at about midnight and finishes at 06:30 approx, and runs at 20 minute intervals or better. It takes an hour from central London. If on an early flight you may end up on this service from the hotel, which provides a direct link to T5.

Fares
Travel on buses, trains and tubes is free in the Heathrow travel area, but for the tube you need a contactless payment card, or an Oyster card, or an Android/Google/Apple/Barclay Pay app. This is to operate the gates, it doesn't result in a charge. The Moxy however is 2 stops past this travel area, so you will need to have one of these payment methods to use the buses for the section between the hotel and Harlington Corner (Holiday Inn Ariel). It's a flat fare of £1.50. So pay when you get on the bus when departing from the Moxy, but when arriving at the Moxy pay only on the last bus that gets you to the hotel.
Print Wikipost

Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:20 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Wow, Corporate-Wage-Slave, that is one heck of a detailed review! Believe me folks, those photos represent fully my stay there 6 months ago. However there have been a couple of subsequent changes, which indicates Moxy is reacting to feedback. Firstly the business rooms with a kettle and a bed based desk, and a separate checkin desk has been built opposite the lift vestibule. I don’t see either of these as changes Moxy will make across the brand, but rather to deal with the fact that LHR is a very business-heavy airport with the cheaper Gatwick, Luton and Stansted cleaning up the leisure market. This means theres probably been a lot of business-travellers staying and commenting upon the lack of a desk and, as we’re Brits, a kettle! The new checkin desk is necessary because this hotel has so many rooms the bar simply struggled to check people in and out fast enough. Certainly both times I’ve checked in there it’s been extremely busy. I don’t see either of these changes making it to other Moxy’s though.

The styling and rooms are exactly the same (minus the mini) at the Stratford Moxy which is within 2-minutes walk of Stratford Tube station. Overall I like the concept and have stayed several times.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:35 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I was browsing a hotel for an overnight in LHR and saw that they have prepaid rates as low as £39. Does anyone have any experience with the plat breakfast benefit? I think one gets some 10usd credit as a plat member but I don't know how that works at this hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jason8612
I was browsing a hotel for an overnight in LHR and saw that they have prepaid rates as low as £39. Does anyone have any experience with the plat breakfast benefit? I think one gets some 10usd credit as a plat member but I don't know how that works at this hotel.
I don't know specifically, but the breakfast area is somewhat spread out, all self-serve, some distance from the staffing point, so assuming you do get a breakfast on status then in practical terms I would guess that you can just have open access to the buffet.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Moxy breakfast benefit for platinum members is 10 USD per day for up to two guests.

I don't know how they in practical terms manage that at this specific hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Note the choice is that credit or welcome points. Since most of the time I'm going to either eat in a lounge right after or head into London, I've only ever chosen points.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I really like that you can open the windows in the rooms at this hotel.
Very rare that you can do this in any heathrow hotel these days.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jason8612
If I could get a £39 rate, not sure I'd fuss too much about breakfast!

Cheers.
jason8612 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:06 pm

Some notes about this hotel:

The tesco supermarket next door is very handy, considering it's open until 23:00 (11pm) every day.

No restaurants anywhere (except inside the hotel itself)...and a KFC (kentucky fried chicken) if you take the local red bus 2 stops back towards heathrow airport.

The hotel is NOT within the transport for london (TFL) heathrow free travel zone, so you will have to pay at least a single fare on the public red buses each way using an oyster card or contactless credit card. However still much cheaper than paying for the white hotel hoppa rip off bus. (Do not take the white hoppa bus unless you like being ripped off. Learn to use the local red buses, especially if you are travelling as a family.)

Bus numbers 105 and 111 (the red buses) go directly from the bus station at heathrow terminals 1/2/3 to this hotel, without having to change. It's somewhere around 10 stops, which takes around 15 minutes or so. If in doubt where to get off, ask the driver.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Feb 22, 2019 at 7:12 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
No restaurants anywhere (except inside the hotel itself)...and a KFC (kentucky fried chicken) if you take the local red bus 2 stops back towards heathrow airport.
I'd say the the KFC/Starbucks is walkable in under 10 minutes, but as mentioned in the first post, there is Moniz, a genuine Portuguese expat restaurant-cafe-sports bar, just around the corner which is very popular with locals, it's relatively inexpensive, LHR taxi drivers often drop in to use it. There is also a Dominos (take away only) and VII restaurant, both just the other side of Tesco. VII is an Pakistan-Indian restaurant, also popular in the wider community.
Oxon Flyer and est-gratuite like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:19 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Yes, the KFC/Starbucks is easily walkable around 10 mins. You want a cheap weekend in London this is seriously good at £39, party in Piccadilly, N9 bus runs all night 3-4 times an hour and takes you back to the Moxy in about an hour for £1.50. I doubt there’s better value for any millennial party-goer out there!

Its also fine for one-night LHR departures and arrivals, allegedly!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:54 am

I like this hotel, but some things do not make sense to me:

-No table/desk in room (There is more than enough space to put one in against the wall)
-No electric kettle to boil water in room (you can make free coffee or tea in lobby/reception area)
-No trash can/rubbish bin in room (except for a very small one in bathroom)

Are they really saving that much money by doing this ?

I'm sure they would save a lot more money by removing all the flat screen TVs (who needs a TV nowadays ?) and putting desks, water kettles and trash cans back in the rooms.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

The no desk thing is because the brand is aimed at millennials
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The no desk thing is because the brand is aimed at millennials

Millennials do not watch TV ( they watch everything online) but moxy kept the TVs.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Shrug. Some hook up devices to the tvs or turn it on, so they can work on their laptops/tablets while on the bed. Get some don't like no desk & no tea, but it is what it is. If folk want the desk, tea kettle, garbage can, there are some Sheratons, Marriott & Renaissance in LHR area folk can stay at. For an inexpensive stay, this seems like a good option.

Cheers.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Have stayed there a few of times - not sure what can be added to the amazing review above,

At the end of the day, for rates currently at only £39 / night, yes, £39 / night, a few minutes from Heathrow, for what one really "needs" out of an airport hotel beyond a very comfortable bed & shower, hard to go fault-finding.

Yes, as a brand it's shamelessly going after what it thinks that millenials think is cool, sort of like Aloft and W do, and if that isn't one's thing, it's not so overwhelming that it can't be forgiven for great price for a decent, comfortable, clean airport hotel. Thoughts in no particular order....

The welcome drink is free at check in, lately it's a sangria type drink. , If the agent forgets to offer, just ask.
Plat's get a choice of welcome amenity, between another free drink or points. I always take points.
The breakfast is "free" to Platinums - altho I totally agree with the posts so far, no idea how or if they can "police" payment of it. as the area is quite spread-out behind the bar/check--in/hub. A decent array of fresh continental breakfast choices as well as a few hot items.
The lobby is HUUUUGE, with several "areas" to it, and it does have a bit of a "hostel" element to it. Loads of tables & plugs everywhere for plopping down with a laptop/notebook and getting work done. I suppose if it's an airport hotel, you're really there just to crash before an early-morning flight or after a late-evening one, so not much "need" for a lobby other than meeting up with family/friends/colleagues for dinner/drinks/breakfast.
I've tried their pizza selections -- tasty, and their own IPA or there's a cheap/affordable Tesco grocery store next door for grab & go dinner or snacks.
Some of the rooms have AMAZING views of the runways.
As above, Tesco grocery store next door open 'til late, other take-away food options nearby.
The auto-underbed-nite-lite thing is really handy.
The over-the-bed laptop/tablet holder (pictured above) is handy for, say, Kindle/Tablet reading in bed.
They place a small teddy bear in your room, which you can take down to the bar and redeem for a free drink (or, if you don't "need" a free drink, you can take it home, with no charge to your bill (at least none yet, after a couple of go's). I asked an agent there is a charge for taking it, and the agent said no.
They have two free "facial masks" / facial treatment mask packages in the bathroom - one for "relaxing" and the other for energizing after a bit night.
The gym is good as far as hotel gyms go.
The lockers are kinda' handy (can't say I've stayed in many hotels that have them) for leaving stuff that you don't want to carry to your room.
Staff are hit & miss, usually really friendly.
For flights from T-4, Uber is around £5, and plenty of pick-up space at the hotel's front door facing Bath Road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.