Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: USA Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels in the US. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: USA Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Santa Clara, CA Marriott -1/19-21/18

Elite Breakfast is served in the Characters Bar seven days a week.

Snacks and Dessert in 10th Floor Lounge is served Sunday to Thursday.

10th Floor Lounge is key accessible over the weekend with soft drinks and minimal snacks.

--Jon
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
* Livonia / Detroit Marriott Livonia / CLOSED Weekends, Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Easter; blue coupon for $13 in food and beverage from the restaurant (including room service) or an orange coupon for a breakfast buffet; 12/17 update
This is incorrect. At least as a platinum, you get both coupons. You can also request two $13 coupons as well. They will also give you additional coupons if you have a second person in your room.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat
- Marriott University Park Salt Lake City
- Lounge open on the weekend with a full breakfast. Hot items include oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage.
- Current as of Jan 28, 2018
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:24 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
UPDATE for Gaylord National Harbor 01/30/2018:

* National Harbor / Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center / resort so no bennies beyond free wifi; no coupon for PAG option for $10 Food & Beverage. $10 credit was applied directly to hotel bill a check in.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:01 am

UPDATE for Miami / Marriott Stanton South Beach on 01/15/2018

Concierge lounge is permanently closed.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Marriott SD Mission Valley, CA

Stayed Dec 21, 2017.

M lounge - key access at all time, the lounge shares a breakfast area with the restaurant so lounge guests can get made to order egg dishes. Usual PAG choice - points/$10 F&B voucher. 1 terminal + printer (plus 3 outside the lounge).

Sharon - sorry for posting this late - forgot that I actually stayed at a FS during the past road trip.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Update Los Angeles Airport Marriott.
Open 24/7 with breakfast served in the morning and hors d'oeuvres in the evenings including on weekends.

Lounge is renovated with a staffed bar.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Renaissance Chicago Downtown:

Haven't stayed, so I can't confirm, but booking page says that lounge is closed on weekends and 1,000 points are given to Gold/Plat in lieu of breakfast. Not sure if there's any leeway with asking FDC - let me know if so, as I'm thinking of staying there in a couple weeks and breakfast is proving to be the deciding factor.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Renaissance Chicago Downtown:

Haven't stayed, so I can't confirm, but booking page says that lounge is closed on weekends and 1,000 points are given to Gold/Plat in lieu of breakfast. Not sure if there's any leeway with asking FDC - let me know if so, as I'm thinking of staying there in a couple weeks and breakfast is proving to be the deciding factor.
Unfortunately, it's one of the exceptions noted by Marriott. That said, set your expectations low if you do end up booking and requesting @ the front desk.

Some reviews on TA show they were given vouchers for breakfast on the weekend, so YMMV.

Last edited by ntamayo; Feb 9, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by ntamayo
Unfortunately, it's one of the exceptions noted by Marriott. That said, set your expectations low if you do end up booking and requesting @ the front desk.

Some reviews on TA show they were given vouchers for breakfast on the weekend, so YMMV.
Disappointing, but thanks for the current link. That list appears to be growing fairly rapidly too - I only remember a handful of properties on that list last year, and now there's 20. We even stayed at the Renaissance Midtown Manhattan last year and were given $60 to use in the hotel restaurant for breakfast on the weekend when the lounge was closed.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Update to Renaissance New York City Midtown

Current status says "Full brekkie buffet vouchers for elite+1."

You actually get a voucher for Elite +1 that says "Continental Breakfast" however, the buffet included cold meats, cheeses, lots of pastries, croissants, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes with peppers/onions, pancakes, bagels, breads, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit and included coffee, tea, juice.

So I think I would state "Continental Breakfast Buffet Voucher for Elite +1." It is a little confusing because the voucher does not mention the buffet, it just says "Continental Breakfast." But it does in fact mean the full buffet offerings in the restaurant (for which they charge $26 on the menu!)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: star alliance, one world, marriott rewards, starwood
* Manhattan Beach, California / Marriott

I checked out this morning. they are doing major construction lasting through the end of april. The hotel is changing to an autograph collection boutique hotel with a new name and there is no lounge operational now due to the construction nor will there be one once construction is complete. They have a tent outside for breakfast and i received a voucher for being platinum, but there were no evening offerings.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Update, as of February 2018:

Virginia
* Alexandria / Morrison House, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; Cont'l brekkie; 07/22/17 update

Platinums receive bonus points plus complimentary drink voucher at check-in. Gold/platinum breakfast vouchers are good for continental breakfast (pastries and bread, not including coffee) or $10 off menu (nothing on menu under $10, except yogurt parfait which costs exactly $10). Upon complaint, front desk attendant says I should have received voucher for complimentary breakfast, which includes 1 entree and 1 beverage. No evidence this is the standard treatment. Neither voucher includes tip and tax.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:14 am

As of February 2018:

* New Castle / Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa:

Weekend: as Gold received voucher for continental breakfast in the restaurant for 2 people. Option to upgrade to "Full buffet" for $5 per person, which basically meant using the same buffet and getting access to the omelette station and waffle irons. OR, voucher could be used for cash towards the regular breakfast menu. It did not have a dollar amount on it or specify this, but the waitress said it was good for approximately $31.52.

(Don't ask me why it would be that specific an amount, I have no idea. Went with the upgraded buffet personally.)
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:14 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Dallas / Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria:

Should be listed as "Key Accessible", not CLOSED

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.