Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: USA Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels in the US. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: USA Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:09 pm

Phoenix / Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
The lounge is now open on weekends for the standard full breakfast, though interestingly on Fri/Sat the lounge closes by noon but on Sun-Thurs is open until late
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jtwiz
Current status says "Full brekkie buffet vouchers for elite+1."

You actually get a voucher for Elite +1 that says "Continental Breakfast" however, the buffet included cold meats, cheeses, lots of pastries, croissants, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes with peppers/onions, pancakes, bagels, breads, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit and included coffee, tea, juice.

So I think I would state "Continental Breakfast Buffet Voucher for Elite +1." It is a little confusing because the voucher does not mention the buffet, it just says "Continental Breakfast." But it does in fact mean the full buffet offerings in the restaurant (for which they charge $26 on the menu!)
We are staying here Friday - Sunday in a couple weeks. I called to see what the lounge/breakfast situation would be and they quoted me exactly this - continental breakfast. Upon further questioning, they said it was the full buffet in the restaurant. So that is what I am expecting and will reply here if it's not the case.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:22 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Update: "Walnut Creek / Marriott / CLOSED Weekends & Holidays; Cont'l brekkie in restaurant; 08/17 update"

As with other hotels recently discussed, the vouchers said "Continental breakfast" but the full buffet was offered (including the omelet station and other hot breakfast items). This is as of Mar 10-11, 2018.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by ExArkie
Charlotte, NC, Marriott Southpark: M lounge on the lobby level, open 24/7. Food in the lounge 5:30 to 7:30 PM, every day. Dessert 7:30 to 9:00 PM. We checked in today (Saturday) and just returned from the lounge. The big surprise was that complimentary wne and beer were offered with the food. Limit of two per person, with the attendant fetching them for you one at a time. Rather generous pours for the wine, beer was from Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, a good quality local craft. Breakfast is offered in the lounge, did not think to ask if the restaurant is an option.
While checking something else on the list today, I discovered an error from what I reported earlier this year. The information above was for the Charlotte Marriott Southpark, but it was apparently listed as being applicable to the Charlotte Renaissance Southpark, which is about two blocks away from the Marriott. The list shows:
North Carolina
* Charlotte / Renaissance Southpark / OPEN (M Lounge); 01/18 update
* Charlotte / Marriott Southpark / CLOSED; breakfast in restaurant; 11/02/16 update

Information under the Renaissance is applicable to the Marriott. I have no information on the Renaissance, since I've never been in it.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Arlington / Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport / CLOSED; Buffet brekkie in restaurant; i-net term+wifi; 02/25/15 update

Stayed here yesterday. Still accurate, no changes.
nequine likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Irvine Marriott

The lounge has been upgraded to an M Lounge, and is open 24 hours a day with a key. It offers breakfast 7 days a week, and evening offerings Sunday through Thursday.

I used it for both breakfast and dinner. Breakfast included oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, French Toast, and a fried egg on hash in a single serve dish plus a large assortment of fruit, pastries, breads, cereals, etc. Food was replenished quickly, dirty dishes were whisked away immediately.

And when I say dinner, it really was a meal. There was a large choice of salad options: 2 kinds of lettuce, several types of veggie toppings, shaved parm cheese, olives, chickpeas, and 2 kinds of dressing. There was a vegetarian pasta dish plus single serve dishes of sliced chicken breast over roasted carrots and squash. And for apps there were two kinds of salsa (the verde salsa was particularly good!) with tortilla chips, plus 3 kinds of cheeses and lots of cracker choices. They had a small bar set up as well.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
* Tampa / Airport Marriott / CLOSED Weekends, Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years; Full breakfast in restaurant;

They are now open Sat & Sun 6:30am - 9:30am for breakfast. That was what the sign said and I heard a Front Desk clerk tell a guest about it.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:42 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
* Oakland / Marriott City Center / CLOSED; Cold buffet free; $5 upcharge for hot buffet (good spread); i-net terminal/printer; Plat arrival gift 500pts/$10FB coupon; 07/08/15 update
The lounge here is now an M Club. The card I got at checkin says they're open daily from 6:30am-10pm with Breakfast, Hors d'oeuvres, and Dessert. I didn't stay Friday or Saturday night, but the club attendant confirmed that there's food service 7 days a week.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ryw
I didn't stay Friday or Saturday night, but the club attendant confirmed that there's food service 7 days a week.
When Marriott first rolled out the M Club lounges I thought the concept was supposed to be upgraded food and beverage offerings and 7-day-a-week service. However, it seems like some properties have rolled this back and operate the M Club lounge no differently than the old concierge lounge by closing on the weekends and holidays.

Also, I've noticed that some of the M Club lounges now have a heavy upsell on food from the restaurant menu.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:05 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
When Marriott first rolled out the M Club lounges I thought the concept was supposed to be upgraded food and beverage offerings and 7-day-a-week service. However, it seems like some properties have rolled this back and operate the M Club lounge no differently than the old concierge lounge by closing on the weekends and holidays.

Also, I've noticed that some of the M Club lounges now have a heavy upsell on food from the restaurant menu.
It was my first time at a property with an M Club, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was open 7 days. (Based on reports of other M Clubs being closed on weekends at other properties, I went in not expecting it to be open on the weekends.) At the Oakland property I didn't see an upsell on food from the restaurant, there was an evening spread enough for a meal (a basic salad, rice, and a chicken stew, plus a meat/cheese/olive tray and a crudite selection), and a basic hot breakfast spread. They even had to-go boxes (which I thought was surprising, as I've been in a Concierge Lounge or 2 where there was a pretty strict "food doesn't leave the lounge" policy). It does look like it's connected to the restaurant kitchen though, so it's possible they could add restaurant upsells in the future.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:31 pm

Update on the Las Vegas Renaissance, just stayed there for two weeks and got to observe the lounge process. The lounge is on the top floor facing South, i.e. no Strip views.

The offerings in the mornings are the sort of thing you'd find at a Springhill Suites, usually there were scrambled eggs + one meat (this could be sausages or bacon or patties). There was a selection of bagels and muffins, as well as jam and cream cheese. There was also fruit, including strawberries, sometimes. No coffee machine, just three large thermos containers, like you'd find at Residence Inn or Springhill Suites.

Evenings are more interesting, with something new on offer every night, ranging from meatballs, to spring rolls, to chicken skewers. Twice, they had someone with a cooker who would prepare hors d'oeuvres, e.g. the skewers, on the spot. I didn't figure out what the system was, i.e. when and why the chef would be there sometimes and not at others. The evening offerings are followed by dessert, again, the selection changes every night, from just cookies, to amazing pastries and chocolates. Suppose it depends on what the restaurant downstairs has left over?

There are the morning opening times: Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 10:00 am.
There are the evening opening times: Sunday-Thursday 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. Dessert is from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

The lounge is closed on weekends. Instead, elite members get two coupons for the buffet downstairs, but that is a catastrophe, both in terms of selection and in terms of the queue.

However, the lounge is accessible during the day on weekdays and there is a computer and wifi in the lounge.

The updated summary should read:

* Las Vegas / Renaissance Las Vegas / CLOSED; breakfast in restaurant; free wireless in lounge & 1 i-net terminal; not key accessible on weekends but is key accessible during the week in between morning & evening offerings; 3/31/18 update
markko likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
RDU/Marriott Crabtree Mall/Closed/key accessible/Multiple computers

Stayed March 15

Fremont Marriott CA/Closed/Key accessible/No computer

Stayed March 26
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
BWI Airport Marriott

Posted lounge hours:
M, T, W, Th 6:30 am to 10:00 PM
Fr, Sa 6:30 am to 11:00 am (closed for evening)
Su 6:30 am to 11:00 am, 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (closed 11:00 am to 5:00 pm)

Full buffet breakfast for elites + guest every morning. (Did not inquire regarding access for more than one guest, and was not there for evening offerings).
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
JW Marriott Chicago
There were beer and wine menus on the tables but the lounge attendant went from table to table offering complementary beer and wine during hors d'oeuvres/ cocktail hours.

More breakfast items on weekdays then weekends but both days were good for US standards. No smoked salmon, salami, butter and cream cheese rosettes, and less fruit choices (no blueberries or blackberries) on weekends compared to weekdays.

Lounge attendants never checked anyone's name or asked for room number during our stay. You do need a key card to enter the lounge and access 12th floor where the lounge is located.

ETA: Lounge closes at noon on Friday and 11 am Saturday and Sunday. One cannot access the lounge at all while the lounge is closed, so no access to beverages or coffee etc.

Last edited by Namaste1; Apr 8, 2018 at 3:32 pm Reason: More info
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
* Alparetta / The Hotel at Avalon, Autograph Collection / No Lounge;
Should be Alpharetta
No Lounge, breakfast options are a voucher for Starbucks (attached to the hotel), or "elite" breakfast menu at the attached South City Kitchen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.