Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
I’d be shocked if they don’t get extra magic hours given all the other bonnet creek hotels now do

https://attractionsmagazine.com/wald...-world-hotels/

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek have just become Official Walt Disney World Hotels, providing their guests with access to Extra Magic Hours for the first time.

As of March 1, 2019, the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek have announced that they have been re-classified as Official Walt Disney World Hotels, which grants their guests access to Extra Magic Hours.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:56 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
As of March 1, 2019, the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek have announced that they have been re-classified as Official Walt Disney World Hotels, which grants their guests access to Extra Magic Hours.
But I didn't think that gives them access to the Disney bus system (which for me is more important than the extra hours.)
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:14 am

Yeah no buses or 60 day fast passes. The fast passes is actually the most important benefit imo
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:52 am

I'm willing to bet good money that there'll be at least $50/night in add-on bull***t mandatory parking/resort fees like the Marriott World Center.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yeah no buses or 60 day fast passes. The fast passes is actually the most important benefit imo
Until any Disney benefits for guests of the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa are documented on the official website of Walt Disney World or on the hotel's webpage at Marriott.com, I would not count on them. As of now, there's nothing published online about this.

Guests staying at Disney-owned-and-operated properties at WDW get a portfolio of benefits — including Extra Magic Hours, 60-day FastPass+, WDW Transportation to the parks (also to Disney Springs), and complimentary Disney's Magical Express airport airport transportation.

Most non-Disney hotels don't provide any of these benefits. Some offer a subset. For example, the Walt Disney World Swan (Westin) and Dolphin (Sheraton) Resort offers several Disney benefits, even official WDW Transportation — but notably not Disney's Magical Express. The Hilton and Waldorf-Astoria at Bonnet Creek now offer Extra Magic Hours and 60-day FastPass+ (which is very unusual for off-site properties), but offer their own transportation to the parks.

I'm sure Disney gladly provides whatever services non-Disney hotels are willing to pay for — but that the cost to the hotels is considerable.

I would hope the JW Marriott will offer at least Extra Magic Hours and 60-day FastPass+, for competitive reasons. But there's no guarantee of this.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:29 pm

If they get the 60 day fastpass and extra magic hours I will gladly try the jw and see if it can become my go to Disney hotel.

Right now I’m stuck at the swan which is a great location but not a huge fan of the property given you pay 50k a night in points for rooms that are tiny
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:33 pm

The jw bonnet creek is now on marriot.com and bookable for dates starting first week of June. Property still says opening in feb so likely dates will move forward.

No new photos but full details on room types. Varied options that seem very attractive especially for Disney families
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:35 pm

Might also be great hotel for receptions with four room types showing available for points
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:23 am

Really hoping they have 60 day FP window. Such a lack of nice up to date rooms in Marriott properties in this area. The only place I visit where I dole out cash for a Four Seasons instead. The adult pool area is incredible there.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:28 am

If they don’t have extra magic hours or 60 day fastpass this hotel is pointless imo for Disney redemptions

property looks fantastic, lazy river, big rooms. Huge potential if they get Disney perks correct
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:22 pm

The jw bonnet creek is now on marriot.com and bookable for dates starting first week of June. Property still says opening in feb so likely dates will move forward.

No new photos but full details on room types. Varied options that seem very attractive especially for Disney families
it's already moved up a month and is booking as of the first week in May 2020
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:32 pm

Now bookable (Suites) from 1st April 2020.

(Website still shows Feb 2020 opening date.)
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:32 pm

Pretty sure feb isn’t happening. I have a couple of two night stays booked here in 2020 for work trips, will give the hotel a whirl In May/June
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Only a “Disney Good Neighbor” Property

I wrote to runDisney asking if this hotel would have race transportation, like the Swan and Dolphin (I pointed out that those were Marriott properties in my email and that I usually stayed at them for races). They responded that the JW was a “Good Neighbor” property and thus, would not be provided with any race transportation. They helpfully pointed me to Disney Resorts (where I’m sure my LTT status will be recognized).

Supposedly, the WA and Hilton essentially mirror Disney bus transportation to the parks (just as the Four Seasons does) and provide race transportation for all Disney races. I guess we have to wait until the property opens to find out if the JW will do the same. I would hope it mirrors the WA at a minimum!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:21 am

Pretty sure feb isn’t happening. I have a couple of two night stays booked here in 2020 for work trips, will give the hotel a whirl In May/June
I just drove past here last week and it looked pretty darn close. I'm passing through I-4 this weekend and I'll see if I can get some night photos when you can see into the rooms. I still can't believe they built a "luxury" hotel right on an interstate interchange.
jalves and writerguyfl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.