Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://news.marriott.com/2017/08/con...hotel-orlando/

Excerpt:

"Marriott International (NASDAQ: MAR) announced today that construction will begin in the fourth quarter on the 16-story, $282 million JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, which will provide Orlando visitors a new option for luxury accommodations.

Set to open in early 2020, the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek will feature four-bedroom suite options and a rooftop bar with sweeping views
The 516-room hotel will be built on the last available site zoned for hotel use in Bonnet Creek, a 482-acre, mixed-use resort community near Orlando’s popular theme parks. Marriott International’s turnkey management solution, Managed by Marriott (MxM), will operate the hotel when it opens in first quarter 2020.

When it opens, the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek will offer visitors luxuriously decorated accommodations including 80 suites. In addition to two presidential suites, guests will be able to choose from 16, two-bedroom suites with optional connections to create four-bedroom family units, making the hotel an excellent choice for small groups or multi-generational family vacations.

he JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek will have multiple food and beverage outlets, including an indoor/outdoor restaurant and a 9thstory rooftop bar with panoramic views of local evening fireworks. The resort will include an expansive pool with decks and terraces and a pool area for younger guests. The hotel will offer outdoor activities on a special amenity deck that will give guests the option of playing tennis, basketball and shuffleboard.

The hotel will also feature a spa with 10 treatment rooms, fitness center, children’s playroom, teen center and meeting space. Event organizers will be able to utilize more than 50,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 23,000-square-foot ballroom, to accommodate a variety of social and business events."

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I guess it will give the Waldorf Astoria / Hilton a run for their money.

David
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Agree that the competition for the Waldorf will be close. We've stayed at the Waldorf several times and its very good. Lets see what Marriott can do with this resort.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Great news. All the other Marriott properties are starting to look dated as well as other high end properties in the area like the Waldorf.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:11 pm

The location of this hotel is less than ideal:

Map Courtesy of Bing: https://binged.it/2uxJiLv

Probably half the rooms will feature views of Interstate 4 and World Center Drive (State Road 536). While some of the other Bonnet Creek hotels also view roads, they are off in the distance past woodlands.

Personally, I wouldn't care. I don't spend any time looking out the window when staying at a hotel. But, I'm sure lots of guests will not be happy with this location.

The location of the JW Marriott is from this article: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...marriot-hotel/
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
They'd better do a darn good job soundproofing, that close to the freeway, to deliver what I consider to be a "JW experience".
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:44 pm

At 16 floors there will be some nice views from the upper rooms looking to the west. Should be able to watch fireworks from Disney Studios, Epcot and the Magic Kingdom in the distance.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
The location of this hotel is less than ideal:

Map Courtesy of Bing: https://binged.it/2uxJiLv
Gonna block the view from the OWC Marriott to the west!

Also, its gonna be a pain to get in and out of - unless they get their own on- and off-ramps.

David
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:34 am

Current road work being done on Disney property should be complete by the time this resort is ready. Won't be bad actually going to/from this hotel for those who intend to spend most of their time at WDW.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Interesting there will be two JW hotels in Orlando. Like others, I wonder how it will affect the Waldorf. Interesting uptick in luxury hotels in Orlando in recent years (JW, Ritz, Waldorf, Four Seasons etc.). Wish this could be a St. Regis
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Any news on this property, progress? Web site still says feb 2020 but no new pics and not bookable
Old Jul 22, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
i wonder what the resort fee will be....
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Will the JW be a "Disney Resort" like the Swan/Dolphin (and the coming Cove) or is it going to be just a "foreign body" in the midst of Disney, like the various Hilton properties in Bonnet Creek? I'm hoping it's a "Disney Resort" with transportation and Disney benefits!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Will the JW be a "Disney Resort" like the Swan/Dolphin (and the coming Cove) or is it going to be just a "foreign body" in the midst of Disney, like the various Hilton properties in Bonnet Creek? I'm hoping it's a "Disney Resort" with transportation and Disney benefits!
The JW Marriott is not on Disney property. I would not expect Disney transportation, Extra Magic Hours, or other benefits of a non-Disney-owned on-site hotel that pays Disney for these benefits.

It could be a "Good Neighbor Hotel," like many off-site hotels, but that doesn't mean much.

The real question is whether the JW Marriott will offer convenient, complimentary transportation to the DIsney parks, or if the JW will be more like the Orlando Marriott World Center, which has limited, paid transportation.

Last edited by Horace; Jul 22, 2019 at 8:53 pm
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I drive past it often on I4 and it seems very close to the highway, not sure what the noise situation will be like. It could be a Disney resort as the Waldorf is now a Disney Resort as well. Waldorf is attached to the Hilton and has a lot of big conventions and event business due to their large ballrooms, I think the JW will attract Disney visitors and smaller groups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.