Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, India [Master Thread]

Goa Marriott Resort & Spa, India [Master Thread]

Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Great news. I won’t be there until Feb.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
Can't imagine why anyone would go to Goa and stay at the LM. Its on a busy road and nowhere near the beach.

I booked my sister and her husband on points at the Marriott last Christmas. They got my Plat benefits - free breakfast at the restaurant, evening cocktails at their AZ.U.R lounge which doubles as a cafe in the daytime (free tea, coffee, soft drinks) or at the small outdoor lobby bar, 20% discount on F&B, 40% discount off one massage treatment at the Quan Spa.
Yea, seemed similar to my experience. Except that I was gold and they offered me a free welcome prize and I got the lounge access which has 2 hours of cocktails and finger foods every evening.

Being gold doesnt get anything else apart from the extra points. Also just to note there are some rooms with beautiful beach views, we walked the beach every morning and evening. A lot less busy than the Calungate beach.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khabah

According to this link: https://www.itchotels.in/brands/the-...ollection.html

...the former Park Hyatt is being relaunched as ITC Grand Resort & Spa Goa, with an opening on November 1st and under The Luxury Collection flag. More options for us!

khabah
Does anyone know what the price point was for the ITC when it was a Park Hyatt? It's not listed on the Hyatt website, and still not available on the Marriott website. For the mid-Feb dates I'm looking at, the Grand Hyatt is US$223/night and the Marriott is $213/night.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:36 pm

This seems like a really crummy property. I have been trying to book a room and the in house reservation team refuses to answer the phone. I already have one room booked (which now cannot be canceled as it is within the 7 day cancelation deadline) and am trying to book another room which I cannot book online because it doesn't let me make a 3 night booking for my dates even though it lets me make a 4 night booking covering those dates. (Supposedly there is no minimum stay issue according to both the hotel and the SPG Plat line.)

I have pretty low expectations from this hotel given that they cannot even answer the phone to accept a cash reservation.

Also, one person told me there is free breakfast and lounge access for Plats, while another said they have stopped giving Plats free breakfast.

I would have booked the Grand Hyatt even though I have no status with Hyatt because it seems like a much better property but unfortunately that is also sold out.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delete. Mis-read.

Last edited by margarita girl; Feb 8, 2019 at 7:33 am
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by abcx
This seems like a really crummy property. I have been trying to book a room and the in house reservation team refuses to answer the phone. I already have one room booked (which now cannot be canceled as it is within the 7 day cancelation deadline) and am trying to book another room which I cannot book online because it doesn't let me make a 3 night booking for my dates even though it lets me make a 4 night booking covering those dates. (Supposedly there is no minimum stay issue according to both the hotel and the SPG Plat line.)

I have pretty low expectations from this hotel given that they cannot even answer the phone to accept a cash reservation.

Also, one person told me there is free breakfast and lounge access for Plats, while another said they have stopped giving Plats free breakfast.

I would have booked the Grand Hyatt even though I have no status with Hyatt because it seems like a much better property but unfortunately that is also sold out.
I was there on a points reservation in Jan 2018 and they gave me free breakfast. I believe I have email addresses for staff in reservations there. If you want me to share some addresses, I can, just PM me. I definitely have the generic emails for the teams there.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Shounak
I was there on a points reservation in Jan 2018 and they gave me free breakfast. I believe I have email addresses for staff in reservations there. If you want me to share some addresses, I can, just PM me. I definitely have the generic emails for the teams there.
How was the stay, any free UG's?

Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am looking at going for three nights in november
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by whitethunder

Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am looking at going for three nights in november
They seem to be very stingy with upgrades. I got exactly what the SNA system assigned me (a ground floor sea view room) and no further upgrades on arrival. Hotel is modern and comfortable. Pool seemed to be a bit crowded. And the beach is not really on the ocean but at the mouth of the river. Miramar beach is5 minute walk from the hotels beach. It is still a 20-minute walk to the city of Panjim, but lots of taxis and tuk-tuks readily available in the vicinity of the hotel. Lounge spread is excellent and staff very accomodating.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv

Yup, upgraded to a suite. They've been undergoing some renovations, which are badly needed given the age of the property. Honestly, I would stay either up at the Le Meridien if more of a North Beach party vacation, or the ITC for a South Beach resort vacation. But that would be more of a loyalty thing. The Taj Exotica is my favorite hotel in the area.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Shounak
Yup, upgraded to a suite. They've been undergoing some renovations, which are badly needed given the age of the property. Honestly, I would stay either up at the Le Meridien if more of a North Beach party vacation, or the ITC for a South Beach resort vacation. But that would be more of a loyalty thing. The Taj Exotica is my favorite hotel in the area.
Ok awesome, I booked this hotel before the variable night award change over the weekend, so I have it booked for November for three nights, I actually used my Suite Night Awards so hoping for the best.

Was there any local restaurants and or convenience stores around within walking distance?? we are looking to more just relax for three days than anything

Thanks!!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Ok awesome, I booked this hotel before the variable night award change over the weekend, so I have it booked for November for three nights, I actually used my Suite Night Awards so hoping for the best.

Was there any local restaurants and or convenience stores around within walking distance?? we are looking to more just relax for three days than anything

Thanks!!
You have two excellent choices within walking distance:

1. For a local food institution, Mum's Kitchen is a 5 minute walk away on the main road.
Mum's Kitchen

2. A couple of more minutes down a side street, and you're at Black Market:
https://blackmarketgoa.com
https://www.cntraveller.in/story/goa...elivers-goods/

There used to be a supermarket two buildings down from Mum's Kitchen, but the building's being rebuilt so its closed. Nearest supermarket is at Caculo Mall about 20 min walk away, so not really convenient.
There's a tiny convenience store at the corner of the lane where the Marriott is, if you want a coke or a cigarette, but not much to speak of.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Just curious to see if anyone has recently stayed at this property? We are planing for a trip in 2024.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Just curious to see if anyone has recently stayed at this property? We are planing for a trip in 2024.
Bumping my earlier message...will appreciate any recent stay information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.