Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa - Thailand [Master Thread]

Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa - Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The Holiday Inn is hella expensive. I've checked prices there a few times and they're usually well north of US$100 a night - closer to $200. The place looks nice though, but it's overpriced for what you get.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
With no Marriott properties in range of the center of the action in Pattaya my wife and I simply stopped going. To tell you the truth I don’t miss it... the overpriced hotels, miserable traffic, etc. had been starting to become more and more annoying and so I was happy to have an excuse to remove Pattaya from our list.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by catocony
The Holiday Inn is hella expensive. I've checked prices there a few times and they're usually well north of US$100 a night - closer to $200. The place looks nice though, but it's overpriced for what you get.
I have seen it regularly for about 2500–2800 THB/night (and as low as 2200 THB), and with elite status you will likely get upgraded (they don't give lounge access however, at least to Platinums). If the rate is close to 200 USD for your dates, it makes perfect sense to book it for 25k points instead – would be a much better value than redeeming those in Bangkok.

I agree this HI is not cheap, but it's pretty much in line with IHG prices in Bangkok. What is ridiculously overpriced is IC Pattaya. Their rates are usually insane for what you get (and basic rooms there are worse than in HI, not to mention horrible location of IC in a middle of nowhere).
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by tai4de2
With no Marriott properties in range of the center of the action in Pattaya my wife and I simply stopped going. To tell you the truth I don’t miss it... the overpriced hotels, miserable traffic, etc. had been starting to become more and more annoying and so I was happy to have an excuse to remove Pattaya from our list.
I don't agree about hotels (aside from Hilton and IC, most of hotels are very reasonably priced due to high competition) and don't see any real issues with traffic (beach road has traffic problem in evenings, but why would you need to go there after all? and it's still nowhere as bad as Sukhumvit in Bangkok), but indeed there is little sense to go to Pattaya with a partner.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:06 am
kkl

The Hilton rooms with huge balcony and bath tub still probably the best room pattaya
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by kkl
The Hilton rooms with huge balcony and bath tub still probably the best room pattaya
Better than Club suites in IC? (If we ignore location, which is incomparably better with Hilton.)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by kkl
This is so subjective. While I can see your point, my preference is still the Terrace Garden Suite at the old Marriott/now Avani. The bathroom was very nice, the room was quiet and the outdoor patio was private/ While there is no ocean view, Pattaya is one beach where I would rather have a quiet escape close to everything.

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Better than Club suites in IC? (If we ignore location, which is incomparably better with Hilton.)
But it is located where it is.

All of this points to why I asked the question above several months ago. The old Marriott seems to have been a unique property. It appears any other property would require a change of expectations.

One more piece... the old Marriott staff was one of the best group of hotel employees anywhere.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:24 pm

Anyone used a Suite night award here? If so, what room types is it good for?

TIA
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by EVA777
Anyone used a Suite night award here? If so, what room types is it good for?
TIA
You are likely to get Suite as a Plat upgrade anyway. Can't imagine many people staying there, that too foreigners.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:56 am

I'm going to take bus from Bangkok to Pattaya next month. How do I get to renaissance resort besides Taxi(I heard they will refuse using meter and charge you double)? Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by kimichan1987
I'm going to take bus from Bangkok to Pattaya next month. How do I get to renaissance resort besides Taxi(I heard they will refuse using meter and charge you double)? Thanks
There are songtheos going along Sukhumvit. Should be very cheap, like 10 or 20 THB.

There is Grab in Pattaya – only car (no bike) and very expensive if compared to Bangkok, but at least you don't need to deal with cash and know the fare upfront in the app.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by barracuda93
You are likely to get Suite as a Plat upgrade anyway.
I thought exactly the same as you. We were both wrong!

I contacted Ren Pattaya in advance (before booking a stay) mostly to ask which facilities are open/closed during covid, but at the same time I asked how high occupancy is at this point in time and what kind of upgrades I could expect as a Marriott Ambassador Elite.

I can count on one hand the number of Marriott properties which did NOT upgrade me to a suite in the last couple of years when suites are available online, and that's in normal conditions, let alone in times of low occupancy such as now. Their response is that if I book the entry level room I will get an upgrade to a deluxe balcony seaview which is two categories below the suites. I expressed my surprise and explained why (terms & conditions for suite upgrades, low occupancy, my recent upgrades at other properties, etc.) and they responded that if I want suite upgrade then I must book the room type deluxe balcony seaview.

It seems to be a blatant disregard for the terms & conditions... If I really wanted to go there and if I did not care all that much about a suite, maybe I could overlook this issue. But in the current conditions, my upgrades are as generous as they have ever been, so this property stands out in contrast and not in a good way. It's a buyer's market at the moment so I can afford to be picky... So I guess I will vote with my feet and I will book somewhere else, unfortunately. Not that reviews of this resort were fantastic to begin with anyway.

I thought I would relay this info in case anybody wants to go there in the future : temper your expectations for upgrades
Old Apr 17, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kimichan1987
if you use bell transport they offer a bus from BKK and City to Pattaya and it includes The minibus trip from pattaya bus depot to your hotel in pattaya. very decent quality
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
https://youtu.be/XUOv2SWXGnE

https://youtu.be/hN1FR5rr2UU
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:06 am

Used certs on two rooms here, both upgraded, mine (titanium) upgraded to 1BR Ocean View Balcony, the other (silver) to Ocean View Balcony. Great breakfast, they serve you everything so nobody else is touching things or reaching in for things, Breakfast was busy on Sunday morning, dead on Monday morning, so on Monday, all items made to order. Nice location for a family oriented resort.

-David
nexus7556 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.