Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Lounge, located on the ground floor, ("Club Maxwell") is closed on the weekends for evening munchies/drinks, but is open for breakfast.

Rooms have desks. Pictures of room & exec lounge in post #29.

Meals/drinks at nearby House of Blues & Harry Carey's can be charged to room.

Hotel website: Bonvoy Rewards Category 5

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chiax-hotel-chicago-downtown-autograph-collection/
Print Wikipost

The Blackstone, Autograph Collection, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Originally Posted by Amicus
I have an upcoming weekend stay at this property on S. Michigan Avenue.

We are on an incentive award stay which includes breakfast, and booked onto the club floor (lounge closed on weekends).

Has anyone had recent stays at this property?
I also stayed there about a year ago and enjoyed the property. Great location nice classic hotel.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
I have an upcoming weekend stay at this property on S. Michigan Avenue.

We are on an incentive award stay which includes breakfast, and booked onto the club floor (lounge closed on weekends).

Has anyone had recent stays at this property?
I stayed there last September - we had breakfast in the lounge during the week and on the weekend, as the lounge is closed, they provided us with a coupon which covered most of the cost of breakfast at the restaurant. Think it was $25?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I make it to Chicago about once a year. This is my hotel of choice. Great modern decor. Never had issues with anything. I am not going shopping up the street on michigan av so away from some of the crowds. Across from Garnt Park so easy to see the Saturday night fireworks, again without a lot of the crowds.

I find it easy to get to via the subway. But I am a city boy. Friend that joined me once was worried about the empty streets at night after the flight into ORD. Seemed just fine to me and quiet. But some people are suburb people LOL

THis past trip, the Tottenham Hotspurs football club was at the hotel for the match with the Chicago Fire. Must be a decent place of the sports teams are visiting it right? COYS
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by FLgrr

THis past trip, the Tottenham Hotspurs football club was at the hotel for the match with the Chicago Fire. Must be a decent place of the sports teams are visiting it right? COYS
This property has a promo going wrt Chicago Fire. I meant to post it last week when I stumbled across it, but can't remember where I saw it. Google is my friend. Sounds like a fun promo & better than Flashperks!

Get Fired up in the Frenzy of World Cup right here in Chicago!

PROMOTIONAL CODE: P51 What's this?

From $229 - $429 USD
Valid Through: October 31, 2014

Includes two premier level tickets to a Chicago Fire Home Game, a Chicago Fire gift bag including the coveted Chicago Fire scarf, a branded bag and notebook. Receive complimentary high speed Internet in your guest room and two welcome Sangrias at the world famous Mercat a la Planxa! Also includes your entry into an early October drawing for two Club Level tickets to an October, 2014 game and an overnight stay in the Blackstone’s Presidential Suite

Reservations
Be sure that promotional code P51 appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-800-228-9290 in the US and ask for promotional code P51. For toll-free numbers outside the US please click here.

Terms and Conditions
Valid seven days a week through 10/31/14. Tickets are for a game during the stay. Limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Tax is additional. Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. Blackout dates may apply. Advance reservations required. Other restrictions apply. Rates are per room, per night and based on availability at the time of reservations.

Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
To go along with the Fire promotion, it is a little odd to get to Toyota Park/Field/Stadium. You take the El to Midway and geb a bus. The bus is a separate transportation company but still mass transit. People at the station were not happy to direct people, but they told you the route eventually. It is .75 each way. No change if you have bills. The CTA passes don't work on these buses. They run direct to the stadium, and direct back. But confusion when the would be running back, maybe only for 1/2 hour, but depended on who was asked if it started 1/2 after the match or ran until people ran out. Also one one bus running back at the time the match ended. A little into loading the first bus, 2 others arrived.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:01 am

Just returned from my one night stay here.

Check in was easy, we received a large room on the 22nd club floor. We were happy that we got the 2 QN beds as requested, since the hotel was sold out, but the front desk manager guaranteed this for us in advance of our arrival.

We love historic hotels having stayed previously at the IC hotel on Michigan Ave, the Palmer House Hilton, and all of the Chicago Kimptons.

Our room, IMHO, was just plain OLD, not "historic." The hotel lobby is beautiful and charming but hey my bed is not in the lobby. It was a disappointing room, to say the least. There are four small windows in the room covered in heavy drapes and ugly shades. You'd have a lovely view of the lake from our room, but for the fact that each and every window was filthy and covered in spiders. At least, the spiders were all on the OUTSIDE, but it was obvious from the proliferation of a variety of spiders that they have not hired window washers in a very long time.

One of the two queen beds in our room had very rumpled sheets, yet the other bed was crisp and pristine, suggesting housekeeping may not have changed out one of the bed linens. Called down to housekeeping, and someone came up in about half hour to change the sheets.

While the beds were comfortable, the room itself was dark and depressing, and the TV was maybe 32 inches.

Breakfast was two vouchers, $14 value, for the standard breakfast in their restaurant since the lounge was closed. Nothing special there.

Overall, it was adequate, but there are far many more nicer hotels in the Chicago area, especially Kimptons.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Overall, it was adequate, but there are far many more nicer hotels in the Chicago area, especially Kimptons.
The Ren on Wacker is very nice, and with Marriott benefits.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by FLgrr
I find it easy to get to via the subway. But I am a city boy. Friend that joined me once was worried about the empty streets at night after the flight into ORD. Seemed just fine to me and quiet. But some people are suburb people LOL
I also dislike the location of this hotel. It has nothing to do with being a suburbanite. I live in the City of Atlanta, was born in Manhattan, spent many summers visiting my grandmother in the UES, and have previously lived in Downtown DC and Center City Philly. When I'm in Chicago, I'd rather be able to walk to restaurants, historic sites, customer offices, shopping and the American Girl Museum than have to take the train back to the hotel.

My other gripe with this hotel is it's not convenient for working. The last time I stayed there, the only outlet in which to plug in anything near the desk was on the floor behind a very heavy piece of furniture. After someone from the hotel pointed this out, I had to move the furniture and plug in an extension cord with a splitter. Fortunately, I travel with both, but this seemed like something one shouldn't have to do nowadays.

It's a pretty hotel with a cool history, but it's my sixth choice in downtown Chicago, behind the FS Mag Mile, Ren, JW, SHS/RI and CY. The first four are interchangeable to me, so I go with whichever has the best rate.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I haven't stayed at the Blackstone for several years (in fact, it had recently opened the last time I was there). It happened to be convenient for work at the time, and I thought the historic building was really nice. Too bad it has gone downhill.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Anymore updates on this property.. Rates are dirt cheap over winter.. Thinking about staying here as a staycation when I go see Lord of the Rings..
Only springhill, RIs and CYs are cheaper (rate is 129)..

Ren Blackstone is not that much more expensive..

Worth the experience? (MR Gold, Wife and 10yo will be in attendance )
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Just booked this on Priceline's Express deals for $67.00 per night over Christmas.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sfo
Just booked this on Priceline's Express deals for $67.00 per night over Christmas.
Wow - that's a great rate. Who cares if you don't get night/points for the room for that cheap a price. (you'll still get bennies & points for any incidental spend).

Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
At this hotel right now. It is the same price as the SHS a block away. This hotel is awesome. There is some construction going on around the lobby area, but it's not messy or in the way, but it cuts down the lobby area space. I was upgraded to a very nice suite from which I can see the iconic Chicago Theatre sign out my window, as well as the Chicago River. This hotel was 1/3 the price of the JW or Ren and really just as nice. It was half the price of the Mag Mile FS, without the loud lobby and conventioneers combing the halls. So long as the rates remain this low, this will be my go-to hotel in Chicago.

I'm here two nights. If anyone wants to know anything, just ask.

And the CL is open Sun night through Fri. It's, as others have said, on the 14th floor, and appears to be my suite married with the suite next door, but on that floor.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I will be here Thursday night, not sure if I will get a chance to go to the lounge that night (have a dinner to attend) but should get there for breakfast Friday morning. I can post any changes/updates.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Wife and I are staying here Saturday night. Our usual go-to date hotel is the Ren, but the AC had an equivalent rate so I figured we'd give it a shot based on the reviews.

I'll post after the stay on our experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.