Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What RC properties (non-Reserve) are considered the best in the world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, Amex Plat

I've only stayed at the ritz Reynolds Plantation in Georgia so far and had a great family holiday there. We now have a ton of points (prob enough for 5-7 days in any tier) so are there any in particular I should be looking at?

We are almost completely flexible about location but would prefer some warmth rather than a ski trip. It will likely be our last big trip as a couple if the baby-making idea next year goes to plan.

So, come on then, which ones have impressed you the most? Any particularly good club levels?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by the_etk
I've only stayed at the ritz Reynolds Plantation in Georgia so far and had a great family holiday there. We now have a ton of points (prob enough for 5-7 days in any tier) so are there any in particular I should be looking at?

We are almost completely flexible about location but would prefer some warmth rather than a ski trip. It will likely be our last big trip as a couple if the baby-making idea next year goes to plan.

So, come on then, which ones have impressed you the most? Any particularly good club levels?
We have thoroughly enjoyed our stays at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua in Maui.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic, Amex Plat
Thanaks, controller. It looks really nice. Anything in particular you liked about it? Service or hard product particularly good?

any other recommendations out there?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by the_etk
Thanaks, controller. It looks really nice. Anything in particular you liked about it? Service or hard product particularly good?

any other recommendations out there?
Service overall was excellent especially around the pool area, in the bar and in the restaurants. Great area to be in. We were upgraded to a suite and, of course, that made the trip extra special.

We had just left the Fairmont in Wailea and the difference in both soft and hard product was like night and day! As an example, when I needed to move a pool lounge chair at the Fairmont that's exactly what I did. At the Ritz Carlton, the moment I laid hands on a chair to move it an employee would be there to move it for me.

The food at Kai Sushi was spectacular.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
The Ritz Aruba Club was excellent, however not sure of the Zika status right now so maybe hold off that location until the baby is born.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:54 am

If you're not limited to US or Europe, RC Kyoto is one of my favorite hotels in the world.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:07 am

Mine, too.

PS: I remember having a good stay at RC South Beach. The EL was wonderful.

Last edited by broadwayboy; Jul 7, 2017 at 7:16 am
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
The Ritz Aruba Club was excellent, however not sure of the Zika status right now so maybe hold off that location until the baby is born.
Stayed here 2 years ago. The Club Level food is some of the best I've experienced outside the US - New Orleans has been one of my favorite. The island is very windy all the time. I think beach cabanas were 200-250/day. This property was far better than Grand Cayman.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by op487062
If you're not limited to US or Europe, RC Kyoto is one of my favorite hotels in the world.
Strongly agree with the RC Kyoto recommendation, though I know you asked about the US and Europe.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
May I also add RC Kyoto as my favorite RC in the world. As for the US, I've enjoyed the Key Biscayne in Florida and the Cancun hotel for the pool, beach and food presentation.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
What makes the RC Kyoto so popular? I've got an upcoming stay at the StR Osaka, but for a handful more points could consider Kyoto.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
What makes the RC Kyoto so popular? I've got an upcoming stay at the StR Osaka, but for a handful more points could consider Kyoto.
Nice hard product, warm service. The hotel isn't massive with long elevator rides (I save those for Tokyo). Good location along the river makes almost everything within walking distance.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:30 pm

another vote for RC Kyoto....Japanese love French culture and the breakfast pastries were as good as in France
very Zen like location
was there in November, as the colors were changing....great time to visit Kyoto
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by chanman
another vote for RC Kyoto....Japanese love French culture and the breakfast pastries were as good as in France
very Zen like location
was there in November, as the colors were changing....great time to visit Kyoto
+1

Been to RC Kyoto several times. Thinking of going back for a extended weekend getaway in November - just because.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; SPG Plat; AA Gold; United Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Mine, too.

PS: I remember having a good stay at RC South Beach. The EL was wonderful.
I had a fantastic trip to RC South Beach in April (Spring Break Week) with my wife and kids (7 and 5). Stayed on the Club Floor and the food, drinks and service were absolutely fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.