Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What's the situation with breakfast so I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thx.

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No idea I’m afraid. I ate breakfast at my club.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:04 pm

Thanks. If anyone else knows the brekkie situation, please post in this thread of the exec lounge sticky thread.

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The lounge behind reception (Astor?) had a tray of muffins and juices under a glass partition. Again, didn’t look particularly appealing.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:15 pm

No exec lounge there. Received breakfast as a Plat.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Watkin
But what was it?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Completely agree this is not even close to St Regis standards The recent NYT review will hopefully provide a shakeup. Perhaps this explains the very low room rates (even lower than the nearby Sheraton and Marriott on some nights). Disinterested desk staff, sloppy pool and change room areas, Trump era stench room decor. Shangri-La or Ritz are much better nearby spots.
Can you give some example dates? I'm looking at Toronto hotels for end of May and start of June and this hotel is regularly 600-800 CAD for the member rate.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Can you give some example dates? I'm looking at Toronto hotels for end of May and start of June and this hotel is regularly 600-800 CAD for the member rate.
I'm not saying all dates, and as you creep towards the nicer weather it likely won't be the case, however, here is Apr 6-7:
Sheraton: $484
Marriott: $408
St Regis: $342

I would never invest $600-$800 at this place.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm not saying all dates, and as you creep towards the nicer weather it likely won't be the case, however, here is Apr 6-7:
Sheraton: $484
Marriott: $408
St Regis: $342

I would never invest $600-$800 at this place.
You're comparing refundable vs nonrefundable rates though. The normal member rate at the St. Regis that day is 489 CAD. They're still running their opening promo rates for nonrefundable reservations, so this is really just a temporary anomaly and not indicative of generally low rates like you mentioned.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:08 pm

Was it con'tl or full breakfast? I don't need a specific breakdown of type of bread or anything for the sticky, just whether it's cont'l or full brekkie. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Then stop complaining on here and complain to management. You've raised important points, but complaining here does no good since it seems you are still at the property in question.
You have got to be kidding me. I don't know how you, of all posters in this forum, can make this statement with a straight face...

Regards
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by scubadu
You have got to be kidding me. I don't know how you, of all posters in this forum, can make this statement with a straight face...

Regards
Because I raise the issue when I'm at a property. I don't jump on Flyer Talk in the middle of a stay and complain instead of trying to address it with the property.
Newman likes this.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Apr 1, 2019 at 6:44 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was it con'tl or full breakfast? I don't need a specific breakdown of type of bread or anything for the sticky, just whether it's cont'l or full brekkie. Thx.

Cheers.
Menu items for two people, up to $60CDN value (I think). Was tasty actually.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:45 am
Suspended

Menu items for two people, up to $60CDN value (I think). Was tasty actually.
$60 Canadian per person?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Because I raise the issue when I'm at a property. I don't jump on Flyer Talk in the middle of a stay and complain instead of trying to address it with the property.
Indeed. And then you come complain about it here...

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.